“royal orchid”

Royal Orchid Central
Ranked #53 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel..Staff is quite friendly, nice location and good service...I was specially delighted by the housekeeping.Value for money .the restaurant offers good food . I really enjoy the breakfast here, variety of choice and fresh Staff are friendly, the rooms were really spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greeting's from Royal Orchid Central,Bangalore!

We take this opportunity to thank you in all humility for your very inspiring feedback about Royal Orchid Central,Bangalore and its services. The hotel is specifically deliver's for today’s business travelers and every attempt is made to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

It is such kind words of appreciation that encourage and motivate us to keep delivering the best standards of services that our guests have come to expect of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Orchid Central, Bangalore during your next visit to the city.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good location but there are better options in the area that come a much better price.

I was here for a day but moved to the Vivanta (that is even better in terms of location), Interestingly, the rooms at Vivanta are cheaper than this place - and much better.

Rooms facing the road are a bit noisy. The breakfast is not that great.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the negative experience you have had for breakfast at Pinxx.

Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this property..Staff is quite friendly, nice location and good service...I was especially delighted by the housekeeping.I misplaced my Zippo lighter and made a complaint to them..They took it very seriously and even agreed to compensate me immediately. When I returned back I found it inside my luggage only. Then I realized that just on my words the housekeeping agreed to take the responsibility..That is something rare to find these days..

Room Tip: When going for single room, check the type of room..They even have very small rooms for single trave...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I mostly stay here whenever I am in Bangalore..
Value for money and great location

The restaurant offers good food (three time buffet)
I really enjoy the breakfast here, variety of choice and fresh

Staff are friendly,

Paparazzi bar on top floor offers a great view of Bangalore.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed for one night in January 2013. I found the staff caring and helpful. As we were to leave early morning - the staff inquired if they should arrange a packed breakfast for us and was there anything else they could assist us with. As and when I travel to Bangalore again I would love to say in Royal Orchid Central again.

Room Tip: Do request the Receptionist to give you King size or Queen size beds as you prefer
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in Oct for 3 days.

Good Things: Location is good, quite near to MG Road and Brigade road.

Rooms are good, neat and clean. Wash room area also good. Staff is nice and courteous.

But reaching hotel from Airport takes 2 hrs, and it is in a crowded location. Rooms are quite and not noisy

Average Things : The food is OK , but all dishes have a South Indian Touch. The menu is not having variety and every day 80% menu is same. Even the Non Veg dishes are with South indian touch.

Over all the experience is good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you had with almost same cuisine in buffet every day.

Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned Chef and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this place for 2 nights. Had gone recruiting. We were about 12 of us. The check-in was fast so that wasn't an issue. The room was average size, comfortable. What was a complete put off were the bathrooms. Ugly, dirty, no water pressure from the showers. They were pretty stingy even with supplying hand towels. The worst was the fixtures are all very old and one of them fell off - not in a location I could pick it back up!

Another issue I had with the management was that although this was a business trip and they had made the negotiations with my company, the internet was not free. When I asked about this at the front lobby, they told me the management had changed. The other Royal Orchids in Bangalore provide it complementary to business travelers. On pressing them further, they reluctantly handed 2 coupons. I had to explicitly ask them to make it available for others in my team. Finally they agreed to provide it if folks called them at the front desk. PATHETIC!
The breakfast was very ordinary and overall the place is bit stuffy

The staff ( concierge ) is the only plus point. Very helpful folks!
Will not want to come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GMCentral, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had with cleanliness and water supply.

Best Wishes,