Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
Priceline$43
Travelocity$47
Orbitz.com$47
CheapTickets$47
All reviews courteous staff chantry bangalore services team mr
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

An old property.With time hotel management need to focus on refurbishment.To keep selling old rooms for the current rate is not fair.
Rooms are small if it's for family and bathroom fittings reminded me of my childhood.
Check in is smooth.lobby is average.breakfast buffet was not great though they made special arrangement for Japanese tourists.Private car parking is available.
The location is very good as its close to many malls,restaurants,pubs,saloons etc.
It's high time for refurbishment of the hotel.
Staffs are courteous enough.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Greetings from The Chancery!!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Chancery and I thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read the review posted by you and are grateful for your recommendation and suggestion. We have discussed with our Management about your review for our improvement and we have strengthened our internal procedures to avoid such infrastructural issue.

We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Good location closer to MG Road and Brigade Road. Good food and service. Some problem in hotel WiFi after 24 hrs. Also the A/c stopped working in the midnight which was quite disturbing. Overall nice stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Greetings from The Chancery!!!

We are delighted to read the review posted by you and are grateful for your recommendation and suggestion. We have discussed with our team member about your review for our improvement.

We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a decent location at the intersection of MG & Lavelle road; minutes from the Metro. But not well kept. It looks rundown the minute you step into the lobby. Spa and Japanese restaurant were decent. But the hotel has seen its best days and primarily for tourists / budget travelers.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Greetings from The Chancery!!!

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologies most sincerely for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. Please may I assure you that I have addressed this matter with the team and all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence.

Please may I also request you to provide us your contact details to enable us get in touch with you.

Vikram Sharma,

Reviewed March 7, 2017

I stayed at this hotel recently as I had to be in the vicinity for work. I thought I had a good deal when I booked online but that was short lived.
When I checked in after a tough journey, i was greeted by a surly receptionist who wanted to dictate how my next morning should be driven. He asked me for the check out time - as I was not sure whether it was going to be 12 noon or 1 pm, i asked him to consider giving me time till 1 pm considering the Bangalore traffic ( I needed the room to change from my suit to travel dress). He suggested that I pack everything and leave my bags with him by 8 am. He also told me that breakfast was not going to be on the house (perhaps my mistake when booking, picked the wrong option). So after a five minute and a not-so pleasant feeling, i went up to the room
The room was good and perhaps recently been renovated. The usual amenities were in place and was comfortable.
The horror cropped up when I ordered room service. The operator at the other end when called ,could not distinguish between vegetarian and vegetable.. I kept asking her for vegetarian option and she kept repeating vegetable. A few minutes later somebody else helped me with what i wanted.
The food arrived partly hot, partly cold. The food service tray was filthy and broken. Obviously the banquet/ room service supervisors do not keep an eye on hygiene, wear and tear of the service items. I am appalled at how low the service standards can get to.
I wouldnt recommend the place until they are able to reorient themselves

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Greetings !!!

Thank you for taking the time and share with us your valuable feedback. We apologize for the lack of proper service during your visit and the subsequent inconvenience caused to you.

We have taken your feedback seriously and are in progress to attend all the possible changes for the improvement of guest services.

We do hope that this unpleasant experience will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is placed in an excellent location, just walking distance away from MG road, brigade road, church road in the heart of Bangalore city.
We had gone to The Chancery to hold a corporate event in their Lavelle Hall for 3 days, and booked 11 rooms for the guests visiting from locations across India for the conference.
Out of 11 rooms, one of the allotted rooms had no air conditioning control, so it made the guest shiver all night and ask for a change of room subsequent morning. Another room was stinking badly, the guest could not stay in it and shared room with another colleague. This final incident just shook us up when a guest came running out of his room at 11:30 pm because he had a live SCORPIO in the washroom. He could not muster the courage to stay in the room again!
So overall the hotel impression was quite a disaster.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Greetings from The Chancery!!!

Thank you for taking out time to share your valuable feedback.
We are grateful for your acknowledgment and appreciation of our property & its location.
We deeply regret and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. We assure you that concerned department were briefed and corrective actions were implemented immediately.
We hope this one unwanted incident will not diminish your opinion of The Chancery and we hope you would give us another chance to provide better experience during your next stay with us.