“Value for money”
Review of The Chancery

The Chancery
Ranked #177 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We got a decent deal for the hotel on Make my Trip and did a booking

the best was the pay at hotel option

THe hotel was good and well maintained with good staff

Just ensure you reserve the kind of room you want

We wanted a king size non smoking room but got a smoking room

But the staff was really apologetic about the same and ensured our comfort

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay with us and we sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you indeed for such a wonderful feedback and also for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel and staff members.

It is our continuous endeavor to make our guests feel special in every aspect and providing highest quality of service. It is appreciation and acknowledgement such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

There are newer reviews for The Chancery

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived much before the scheduled check in time and had to wait for roughly 30mins but that is okay as we had our preferences and they were taken care of. The Lobby is clean and the staff very courteous. Right from the door man to the GSAs, everyone had a smile on their face and were very welcoming. We were shown up to our room by one of them and the bell boy explained around the room as well.

The room is functional, clean. The AC was a bit noisy though.

The next day it was my birthday and the staff were very hospitable in bringing a cake up to my room. I was a bit drowsy (from sleep) and hence had to request them to come back up so I could celebrate it in their presence. They also gave me a wonderful card wishing me and the cake was delicious.

The breakfast was a bit of a let down. The restaurant was a little crowded but the staff did well to handle it and were courteous throughout.

Check out was a bit slow but efficient nevertheless.

All in all a good stay. The product can be improved but the staff and their hospitality are the best part.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore.

We thank you for taking time to share your compliments on Trip Advisor and are delighted to learn that you found our staff, facilities and product to your satisfaction.

We also thank you for your feedback on our service. On the areas where we did not meet your expectation, please may I assure you that the team has been briefed on hospitality skills and this will be the subject of training in all our guest contact areas.

We greatly appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

All was good. This hotel is central and very close to many crucial shopping areas. The staff is also very professional. However, we were very disappointed in the manner in which the driver we hired from the hotel behaved, he was very rude and not tourist friendly. So the hotel was kind enough to hire an outside driver and that we appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking time to share your compliments on Trip Advisor and are delighted to learn that you found our facilities, product and location to your satisfaction.

I would also like to apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience that you faced because of the driver's behavior. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us. As you mentioned, I do agree, this is definitely not the Chancery standard. We shall at no cost tolerate such unprofessional behavior from any of our service providers.

I request you to please treat this incident as non-representative of the Chancery experience and give us another opportunity to make amends.

Please do let me know whenever you wish to visit Bangalore again.

Warm Regards,

V. P- Sales & Marketing - The Chancery Group of Hotels

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated in the heart of the city. Rooms are bit cramped. My room had some electrical faults = bed top lights were flickering and would not switch off. AC at night will stop working and had to be manually started every time which led to an awful headache next morning. Food was good, though vegeterians may feel there are not much of variation for them. Service was good. But overall a ok. One may feel the hotel a little over priced.

• Stayed: August 2013
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking time to post your comments with the Trip Advisor Community and are happy to read your review on our hotel.

With regards to your feedback on our product, I am pleased to inform you that we have renovated a section of the hotel’s bedrooms which are better suited for discerning travellers like you. Furthermore, we will be undertaking renovation of the balance section of the hotel’s bedrooms, which we hope to commence shortly.

Your feedback with regard to the Air Conditioning and lights have been identified and arrested permanently. Please be assured that the problem will not recur in future.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you faced that night.

Please feel free to get in touch with me whenever you wish to visit Bangalore again.

General Manager - The Chancery Hotel
Vice President - The Chancery Group of Hotels

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked the hotel via yatra.com , due to our travel timings we arrive early into the hotel , after one hour we check in to our room. Room was small , bed is not comfy .., with normal amenities, small bathroom but clean one..........
Room service was poor as i was told them in advance that i need a bunch of rose and a cake, but i was disappointed at the last minute as they were unable to arrange rose for me ..... how disappointing that a hotel in a well located place unable to arrange just a simple thing like rose....
overall an average hotel......good breakfast ....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jy_vacc
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologise most sincerely for the way your request for Roses were handled. I have no excuses to offer, but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us. As you mentioned, I do agree, this is definitely not the Chancery standard. Please may I assure you that I have addressed this matter with the Room Service team and all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence.

General Manager - The Chancery
VP Sales & Marketing - The Chancery Group of Hotels.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

While searching for hotels in the outskirts of Bangalore and making plans to visit MG road and the city everyday.. this came in through the MMT site in 5 minutes and surprisingly the price was all so well that no choice was left.

Amazing welcome - like a star hotel - awesome English + desi breakfast. Hospitality at its best. And for Lavelle Road, whatever I say is less for the location. I never thought I could get a room bang in the middle at such a price at which a highway hotel was also not ready to give a room nowhere comparable to this. 2 mins to UB city 10 minutes to anywhere in the city (Yeah I know that's subjective because of Bangalore traffic) but a tourist cant expect a better location than this.

All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SushilGulati
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you indeed for such a wonderful feedback and also for your kind words of appreciation of our hotel, location and our services.

We are grateful for recognizing our team members for all their efforts. It is our continuous endeavour to make our guests feel special in every aspect and providing highest quality of service. It is appreciation and acknowledgement such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

Warm Regards,

General Manager - The Chancery Hotel

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked an online stay on the hotel website but later realised we could have got it cheaper on expedia. At check in the room wasn't ready and after a wait, we were upgraded from the standard room to the new renovated Japanese room.

The room by itself was nice but the bed was very small. The bathtub too was too small. The highlight was the WC. It was automatic which was quite interesting to see and use. There was Twinnings green tea placed in the room. Entry was modern with a smart key card. Turn down service was offered in the evenings as well and the rooms were spotless.

The buffet spread was good and staff willing to please. The room service was priced well and food and service quality good.

They ran an open spa for foot, hand, neck and back massage in the lobby which was very well priced and very convenient. The therapist was knowledgable and did a great job even though the treatment times were short.

The complimentary wifi cut out frequently but when it worked it was quite acceptable.

The staff around the hotel were quite caring and friendly. Only one major draw back was that on 3 separate occasions during the same stay, we noticed one of the managers at the restaurant being very grumpy towards junior staff and literally reprimanding them in front of us saying he would 'debit them' if things weren't as needed. I think such talk should happen behind the scene and not in front of the guests.

The location is superb and very central. Many people consider it to be a run down hotel but I thought it was true value for money (specially after the upgrade). I would stay here again without a doubt.

The willingness to please at this hotel actually surpassed some of the five stars I've stayed at. I'm a fussy customer and I actually had no reason to raise a brow for the most parts of my stay.

Room Tip: Chose the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TheChancery, General Manager at The Chancery, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking time to share your compliments on Trip Advisor and are delighted to learn that you found our facilities, product and food to your satisfaction.

We also thank you for your feedback on our service. Whilst apologizing most sincerely for the inconvenience caused at the restaurant, please may I assure you that the team has been briefed on hospitality skills and this will be the subject of training in all our guest contact areas.

General Manager - The Chancery
VP Sales & Marketing - The Chancery Group of Hotels.