The Chancery
Holiday Village(Bengaluru)
$40
$32
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslavelle roadsouth paradechinnaswamy stadiumcorporate hotelvalue for moneycubbon parkbrigade roadlobby managersmoking roomub cityexcellent locationcommercial streetcomfortable stayrestaurant staffcentral locationbreakfast buffetspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2007

The daily bug bomb/spraying can’t be good for long term health. I can only imagine the scene had the hotel not had an active extermination program.

Don’t waste your money scheduling the “conference” facility – It’s a joke. The guy hired to sit there for three days to monitor the audio system couldn’t even do that correctly. In fairness to the rest of the staff they did appear to be making an honest attempt at their jobs.

Is the security guard in the hall on every level really there for your security, or is he really working for the Indian Intelligence? Something to think about as your every move is monitored.

I will never go to India again! It is the most disgusting, inhospitable country I have ever been to.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank BobNOVA
Reviewed February 15, 2007

Without a doubt, the worse hotel and customer service that we have stayed in
ever. This place was filthy. The staff was rude. AND they tried to change the
pre-arranged rate at check-out.

Our room was disgusting and by that I mean that the sheets were dirty. This
hotel ruined our stay in Bangalore. Do not put yourself through the frustration
that we went through with this horrible hotel. Stay somewhere else.

Anyone that wrote a positive review of this hotel was either delusional OR works
for this crappy place.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank kevnsuj
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Not a bad hotel, but certainly there has to be better in Bangalore (in fairness its much better than the Capitol)

Lots of eager staff that never seem to actually do anything, you have to ask 3 or 4 different staff members to get anything you want.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank donkey_shirt
Reviewed December 19, 2006

I never stayed here (luckily) but have experienced their customer service first hand.

Was travelling to Bangalore on business (been there many times and have to say all hotels up to now have been fine). But this hotel is terrible.

Our corporate travel agent booked this hotel, when it should have been the Chancery Pavillion (I believe they are sister hotels). You can find my review of the CP hotel if you search for it. Anyway, my booking here was changed over 2 weeks before I travelled but this did not stop the hotel charging me one nights room charge for no show. This charge was added to my card on the 7-November. As of day 20-December I still do not have a refund even after numerious calls by my travel agent to the hotel.

In general with other hotels in India, when will they learn that good customer service is not 5 people asking you if you are having a good day over breakfast (normally like most people I want to be left alone). Good service is a correct problems very very quickly with the minimum of fuss. Such as charging me for a room I never stayed in and then even a month later not have the decency to refund my money I can only rate this hotel as terrible.

So in summary - if you cancel you booking at this hotel check your credit card afterwards.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve2209
Reviewed November 9, 2006

We stayed at this hotel in April 2004, so things might have changed. First of all, we greatly enjoyed the food. The breakfast was delicious and we ordered room service everynight because we were pooped from sight-seeing.

I think it is a very decent three star hotel. Our room was comfortable and well kept. Pending further reviews, if we were to go to Bangalore again, we would stay there. In fact, we recommended the place to my aunt when she visited earlier this year.

We had no complaints, and I am quite a fussy person. We still remember the yummy food:)

• Stayed: April 2004, traveled as a couple