“INCOMPETENT HOUSE KEEPING”

Ranked #38 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Hyderabad, India
“INCOMPETENT HOUSE KEEPING”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The Hotel is located well and the Property is good and spacious but the Building being Old it needs maintenance which to me is not being done well by the Hotel Administration. The House keeping has been bad and when the Staff are being asked on the insufficiencies they justify their approach, which is very discourteous in the Industry. Though the other Management tried to make up by attending to the needs immediately and did their best to make up for the dissatisfaction, the experience remained as a bad memory.

Room Tip: Pool Side Rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bhaskaran T, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, June 15, 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time off to give your valuable feedback. Your feedback about the customer service and housekeeping service and attitude has been duly noted and discussed with the entire team for immediate corrective action.

Much as we strive to deliver an exceptional quality of service to all our guests, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is a one off incidence and may i urge you to not let this be an indelible perception.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance, look forward to regaining faith and confidence in the brand and i hope will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Look forward to meet you during your next trip.

Bhaskaran. T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Excellent - WOW is the best word for this place.

Have Stayed in this hotel for more than 30+ times in a span of 1 to 2 yrs time , came frequently for Business purpose to this hotel from my company. Superb place to stay, excellent place

Room Tip: club room, or bigger room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bhaskaran T, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, June 14, 2014

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Ashok Bangalore, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us .

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon . Your generous words of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Fantastically located, plumb in the middle of the city. Beautiful grounds and nice pool. The breakfast and dinner buffet was quite good. The best thing about the hotel was the price. I was paying a corporate rate of less than 7000 Rupees a night, including breakfast. Wifi is not free and that is just very retrograde. The room was comfortable but a little small. Cant complain, given the location and the price. They need to put in more electric points in the room. I found only one, above the desk.

I had forgotten to carry my shaving kit and was happy to see that provide, dental and shaving kits along with combs and replace them every day. Helped me survive without having to go out and buy these things.

1 Thank SidSingapore

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I can start saying ---- Excellent Hospitality Service + Excellent Hotel + Excellent Staff + Excellent Food = The Lalit Ashok, Bangalore
India is a very colorful and warm country and Indians are the soul of this country. I was staying in the lalit ashok for 2 nights in May 2014 for Keystone Management Programme. My first visit to Bangalore and they made it memorable. Decent hotel. Beautiful common areas, nice garden and pool, and exceptional customer service.Superb room and facilities and excellent services. It is a superb icon of hospitality. During our meals the chef always caters to our special needs serves homely food and makes feel at home. The Rooms were clean and nicely set up for our arrivals. Housekeeping team is excellent, if you think of anything and they will give that you before asking. Lobby is well maintained with nice flower arrangements. Specially Photo of Mr. Suri with candles and Flowers, i am impressed the way they are giving services to customers. A customer wants attention from management and little care and The Lalit Ashok team is giving attention to their each and every guests. I have been for meetings in different hotels but normally hotels don't bother for Conference guests but in Lalit Ashok we did not feel that we are in package of Conference. Front office team and Housekeeping team exceeded the expectations.
You can tell that this hotel is a member of the leading hotels of the world. Service was wonderful & it was the small touches that made the difference. The hotel is immaculately maintained & pool area large, I thought however that the grounds would be more extensive. Lots of trees in hotel area. Really gardens are well maintained by Horticulture and by Housekeeping Department.
The rooms are very nice and so the food and service.Above all the location was very prime.
Value for money.... Keep it up Team The Lalit Ashok, Bangalore.
I highly recommend the hotel and we will come back very soon. If you are going to stay in Bangalore then don't miss this magnificent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose room on Pool View side on 5th or 6th or 7th Floor
1 Thank AkbarJodha

Namaskar!

I have discussed your feedback in detail with the team and the entire team of The Lalit Ashok Bangalore joins me in thanking you for your generous feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon . Your kind words of appreciation motivates us to strive harder.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have been to Sutra Discotheque, Bangalore last week with my colleges. It was bollywood night and we enjoyed a lot. Best bollywood party place for the party animals with nice sound system, modernic lighting and very big dance floor. Bar prices are very much decent value for money. Best place to hangout for the weekend. The staff was very friendly and cooperative, especially the manager....Wanna come back to the club again in the future..

Cheers
Sourabh B.

1 Thank sbhardwaj
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Lalit Ashok Bangalore!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and ratings on Trip advisor. We are delighted that not only did we live up to your expectations, but exceeded it. Your comments and ratings will help us keep our spirits high and strive harder to provide seamless and intuitive service.

I have discussed your feedback in detail in an appropriate forum. The entire team joins me in thanking you for your kind words and we look forward to have you staying with us soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My first trip to India. This hotel and it's staff certainly lived up to my expectations. It was continuously being cleaned, the staff were incredibly attentive and courteous, and there were all the facilities you could wish for. It seemed you were a long way from the chaos of the city and yet we were close to the centre. An evening in the open air roof bar rounded each day off perfectly.

Room Tip: The better rooms overlooked the pool but that area was above the club and they had two weddings belo...
1 Thank Peter B

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Very good stay at banglore at Ashok Lalit. Very cordial staff ready to help the customers. Its a great combination of grandeur and simplicity. The staff makes the stay more homely.

good value for money would like to go there every time I visit banglore

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank consumerlive
Dear GUest,

Namaskar!

Thank you for taking time of your valuable schedule and sharing your feedback with us. Your kind words of appreciation will go a long way in motivating us to strive harder and provide impeccable service.

I have taken up your feedback with the appropriate forum and the team joins me in thanking you for your kind words.
Look forward for your next visit and meeting you in person.