“Fabulous service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore
Ranked #13 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed July 13, 2014

At late notice (I'm a guy) I booked a Club Royal Suite for my wife and I to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. Right from the handling of the booking (Nehha is a gem), the service we received during our stay was fabulous. Little surprises were lined up which made our stay special. The staff were friendly and courteous and couldn't be more helpful. We had a brilliant meat at Riwaz where they crafted the dishes to our tastes.

We made use of the spa and over and above the excellent treatments, the service and friendliness was outstanding. This particular spa is probably the best we've experienced in Bangalore (we're Bangalore residents).

We even had great service after we checked out. We had inadvertently left some items of sentimental value in the room. We didn't realise this until we reached home. When we called the hotel, they were very reassuring and the items were kept safe for us to collect later.

All in all a brilliant stay (all too short) and I would highly recommend the Ritz-Carlton to anyone wanted to spend some time together with a special one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Mr. Prakash,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you chose The Ritz-Carlton for your wedding anniversary celebration. I am thrilled to learn our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to provide anticipatory and personalized service to make your day memorable during your stay with us. I love reading reviews like yours and I thank you again for sharing your experience with the travel community.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Shane Krige

Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wow wow wow, what a beautiful hotel. We stayed here in June, and experienced true Indian hospitality. The staff are engaging and know each and every guest. At every outlet, staff greeted us and were interested in having a conversation. No one is shy. This made our time at the ritz very special, and created a "family" like atmosphere. I know that when we return we can continue our conversations. Everyone has a story and it's so refreshing to be at a hotel where staff want to hear your story and are willing to share theirs. The rooms are exquisite. I found it hard to be away from my nespresso machine, luckily for me the ritz has these in their rooms. The decor is modern with traditional Indian touches, not a "cookie cutter hotel" you wake up and you know you are in India. It's a business hotel, yet we didn't feel like we were on business. The decor throughout the hotel gives a palace/warm cosy feel. We would definitely come here for leisure. If you are a fan of coffee, then Ganashe is the place to go. The golden coffee machine is something to see. You can even choose your own coffee beans. All locally sourced, another great aspect. As an Australian coffee is like gold. Get it right as most places do in Australia everyone is happy. Not many cafés can make a proper coffee, yet Ganashe at Ritz carlton has got this spot on! The creamer and flavour is sensational. I certainly savoured every sip. Go stay at the Ritz, it's not a stuffy hotel. It's beautiful, warm and friendly and you feel like you are the only person the staff are looking after. The service provided is heartfelt and true. We are looking forward to coming back to India and will stop via Bangalore to see the staff and for the coffee. Thank you Ritz Carlton Bangalore for making our stay so truly memorable.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Jessica P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read your review and so proud of the outstanding ladies and gentlemen who I have the opportunity to work with.

Our Nespresso machines are appreciated by all our guests who love coffee. Ganache is the newest addition to our hotel and the entire selection of coffee beans is from the local region, so that the guests can have a taste of regional coffee. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments.

I thank you once again for your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights in January 2014. This was my first visit to the hotel. It was a business stay as we (my wife and I work together for our company Sporting Excellence) were organising an event for one of our esteemed clients.

Room: The room was large and very comfortable though most of our time was spent outside. The blinds and lights etc can be controlled by a switch making things easy without having to move around. The spacious bath had two separate wash basins and twin option of tub and shower. Room service was on time and the food served hot.

View: Although we were on a higher floor facing the entrance side, the city view was blocked by a building adjacent to the entrance of the hotel. Luckily there weren't too many guests on our floor so our toddler had access to a long corridor instead of being confined to a room.

Hotel: The hotel itself is classy from the inside, with a feeling of space and the right use of light in the common and lobby area. Breakfast was the high point due to the spread and the service. We had a special lunch for a select few clients which was managed well by the hotel, which takes pride in its master chef who has won a few Michelin Stars for his employers. The food is good in the restaurants and rooms.

Ballroom and service: There is a large event hall which can be partitioned as per individual space requirements. Although the previous event got over late, the hotel staff were able to get our table arrangements right in record time, so that there was no delay in the start of our event, which was appreciated by our client. The hotel staff were on duty right through and that was a plus. The event dinner buffet was good.

Staff: This being a new hotel, the staff are eager to prove themselves. Lets hope it stays that way.

I would recommend this hotel for a business or family stay.

Room Tip: Try the rooms on the side not facing the entrance.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank VikInd
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear VikInd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to get such wonderful feedback from our valued guests.

I thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed at the Ritz for one night in June... It was the most expensive hotel in Bangalore at the time, with the basic room being about $250 incl taxes. Booked through Amex FHR, so had breakfast included as well, along with an 'upgraded' room, which hardly seemed to be one.

Generally the service was fine, if a little mechanical - they seemed to be doing the 'know everything about you' routine which I guess is part of the service. I didn't seem to have any major gripes, but quite a few smaller ones:

One of the toiletries was open in the bathroom
Nespresso box only had decaf pods in it
Didn't let me pay for incidentals with another card as that was a personal transaction
Location was quite so-so, in terms of access (off a small one-way street) as well as surroundings

Pluses: the bed and pillows were very comfortable at least

Overall, would probably choose another hotel due to combination of location / value for money

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Quiet_Traveller1
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Quiet_Traveller1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to know that we did not quite meet your expectations. I have made a note of your comments on the in-room amenities and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please know that I truly appreciate your comments as they will help us to create better guest experience in the future.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in your future travel to Bangalore.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Absolutely great location on residency road, however the hotel is uniquely designed internally, long walks and a not so certain plan about it..ideal location for hosting events and combining stay - otherwise makes sense only for the brand and the luxury that comes with it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Khosla,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the Trip Advisor community. I am happy to know that you liked our location which is indeed very central and has access to shopping and entertainment for our resident guests and visitors.

The hotel is in L share and has long corridors; the interiors are inspired Mughal architecture and you must have noticed the Jaali design in most parts of the hotel. I do sincerely hope you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward welcoming you back very soon!

Thanking you once again!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Absolutely fantastic.
One is treated like Royalty. Out of a three night stay, on only one occasion did I feel I not feel that.
Perhaps the top City hotel in India.
Has two of India's top chefs.
We attended a Grand function & it was outstanding-food, service, organization.
Fitness centre is also superb-Tammy is so professional.
My only gripes were the Freezing cold AC & the pocket scorching taxi service.

Room Tip: Club floor if it's on offer
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Hooray H,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with the Trip Advisor community. I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality and personalized service. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our ladies and gentlemen. I will recognize Tammy for providing excellent guest service. I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ritz Carlton is the place to organise your events when you want to make your event class apart. It is an excellent place to stay and be when you are in a complete mood to experience true luxury. Very helpful and courteous staff. Before you even realise that you need help they are there. Right from booking the place to checking out every step is so smooth. Rohit Khanna from the sales was a great help in everything from booking the events to organizing them completely. He just makes it like a cake walk. Highly recomended!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear events_travel,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on our event facilities with the Trip Advisor community. I am delighted to learn that your event was seamless and you enjoyed your stay with us. Feedback like your is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen, I will recognize Rohit for providing excellent guest service.

Once again, I thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind regards,