“one of the best hotels”

Ranked #5 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
London, United Kingdom
“one of the best hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

we were touring south India and our final destination was Bangalore. we booked st marks after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor and I am pleased to say , this hotel lived up to its reputation. we stayed here for five nights. the rooms were a reasonable size, very modern and well maintained. the room was cleaned daily and standard of the cleaning was excellent .toiletries were replaced daily and we were given complementary bottled water and cookies. there are tea/ coffee making facilities and a safe in the room. our package included breakfast and this was excellent with a very wide variety of food, perhaps one of the best I have seen in south India. the biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. excellent team work was displayed by staff at all time. they were all very helpful, polite and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. both Akshay and Raghu were particularly helpful as they guided us about the local attractions and also car hire for the airport. on one of the days i was a unwell and missed breakfast, the staff brought some toast and eggs to my room. on our last day we were also given packed breakfast as we left early for the airport. the hotel is in a good location within easy reach of mg road and shopping malls. we also ate dinner on most days at the hotel. the food was fresh, cooked nicely and the room service was excellent..I would definitely stay in this hotel again when in Bangalore.

Room Tip: stayed on fifth floor, nice and quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
Aldeburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed again. Our third time in three years. Centrally located and quite. Excellent service is provided and any small issues are very quickly resolved. Breakfast is amazing Indian and Western dishes are available an enormous choice. However I wish they would get the tea and coffee service sorted! This time we stayed in a suite. To be honest I prefer the deluxe rooms. The roof terrace is great. Complimentary tea and coffee and a place to meet and have a relaxing cigarette. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor away from the lifts.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed in this hotel from 02/March/2014 to 07/March/2014 and i didn't have any simple bad experince to comment. Thier service was so excellence. I would like to recommend that hotel to every one who wish to stay in Banglaore.

thanks
Prasad

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
w mids
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

A hotel of extremes!

The rooms are a good size and spotless. Beds are very comfortable.

Staff in reception area are excellent and will support any request.

The food when it arrives is good.

Problems - only one restaurant which is quite small. So, they struggle to cope with breakfast service - people often left unattended for ages. Lunch and dinner are even worse, you can wait over 20 minutes just to be given the menu, never mind a drink or any food. We gave up eating here because of the poor service. This appeared to be down to the management of the restaurant rather than the individual serving staff, who just appeared to be poorly trained.Limited food selection.

The bar is the size of a small cupboard and resembles a manned mini bar! It does not open until 6.00pm (if you are lucky), some nights it seemed to invent its own opening times. Constantly do not have basic items such as tonic water. There is no draught beer!

The roof terrace is really nice (the ideal place for the bar). But, they don't serve drinks up there and kick you out at 11.00pm.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank richmondfan
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,Vice President & General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time off to review us on TripAdvisor.

Obviously this visit of yours have been a mixed bag.Though you were pleased with most aspects of the hotel, you found us wanting in the restaurant operations.Please be assured that we have taken a very serious note of your observations and corrective measures have been taken to prevent a recurrence of the same.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel to showcase a much improved performance.Do write to me when you plan your next visit to the Garden City.

Warm regards,

E mail: gm@stmarkshotel.com
Mobile: +91 9845582000
Orange, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed during a week end at St Mark's and we thoroughly enjoyed it. St Mark's has a good special week end rate. The service is great, starting with airport pick up, at a decent price and very reliable which we very much appreciated as our plane landed at 2 AM. The buffet breakfast offers a large choice of food and juices. The hotel has a reasonably priced car service to visit the main tourist attractions. The rooms are spacious enough and the bath rooms brand new. We also appreciated the complementary WI-FI. Staff is courteous and helpful: the safe box was not working, they changed our room immediately. Overall an excellent hotel in its category.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie-Helene C
Cranage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on my first trip to India. From booking the arrival airport pick-up to the airport departure everything went well. Well located hotel, with clean facilities and rooms - including excellent buffet breakfast and complimentary wireless internet. Staff are very helpful, especially in the restaurant, where they explained and recommended dishes. Recommend that visitors use the in-house travel desk for all cars - our driver Rama did a great job. UB city is close for shopping and an early morning run is possible at the nearby Cubbon Park. Definitely staying again on my next visit to Bangalore.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RunningMan3
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I spend too much time in hotels. It is rare I will write a review as I am very fussy. This hotel has manage to exceed my expectations. Why? The incredible service! You will see it in other reviews. I thought yes more people after tips, with the American "I will be you waiter tonight". I was wrong the service is very genuine and caring. I mentioned to a lady in the lift one morning that I had not slept much due to work commitments. That afternoon returning from my office the GM asked me if there was anything he could do for me to help me sleep better. Late that night I was having a beer in the bar and the F&B Manager approached to say he was sorry that I had not been sleeping well. He asked if there was anything he could do, I jokingly replied that a B52 Shooter would help me sleep. He explained the bar did not have all the ingredients but he said he would see what he could do. He went to the kitchen and got Baileys from the Chef who uses it in a desert and then he came back to the bar and made the drink for me personally. Wow. The communication care and teamwork in the hotel is amazing. I felt like I was actually seeing what the business books say should happen but never does. By way the hotel is very clean as are the rooms and it is very well located. I will stay again. Now I need to learn how to bring my team here?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business