“Best Hotel in whole of India”
Review of St Mark's Hotel

St Mark's Hotel
Ranked #6 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel in whole of India”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels throughout India and can truly stay that this is the best one I have stayed in. Yes the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai is more luxurious however the service and treatment I received at St Mark’s hotel is much better in every way. I felt like a king. The staff here have a special emphasis on giving excellent customer service at all times! Staff are always smiling and friendly and are asking if there is something else to help with.

This hotel has won many awards such as Expedia Insiders Select 2011 and Tripadvisor Best Bargain, Best Service India Hotel by the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choiceawards in 2009 and 2010. Once you stay here you can understand very easily why it wins many awards in the Travel Industry.

I have been to Bangalore before and stayed at another local hotel but I decided to use Tripadvisor to choose another hotel in this same locality. I booked this hotel based on the absolutely excellent reviews here on tripadvisor and I thank the tripadvisor community for pointing me to this hotel.

The hotel has been recently modernised. The lobby is large and bright. The rooms are lovely, modern, and very clean.

Internet is free throughout the hotel.

The hotel has their own car available as a taxi service to the airport. The hotel price quoted was approx. 1,500 INR. It is much cheaper to use the Meru cars which is just as good and the hotel front desk will be happy to organise. The Meru AC taxi costed me 780 INR at 4am to the airport.

The hotel General Manager is J.P. Menon who is on hand to ensure the staff and the hotel lives up to its excellent reputation.

All staff were very helpful but I would like to specifically mention that Mr. Madhu the Front Office Assistant was very helpful to me.

The Buffet breakfast is included in the package and the selection was absolutely fantastic. The presentation was excellent and staff ready to help people with special diets such as myself. Food was very fresh and clean.

A Breakfast box was available on checkout at 4am for me to take with me to the airport. The breakfast menu was exactly as I had requested. What more can I ask?

I would give this hotel a 7 star rating if this was possible.

I look forward to my next visit to St Mark’s Hotel.

6 Thank rm1003
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing St.Mark's Hotel for your recent stay in Bangalore.We are thrilled to read such a fabulous review of our hotel from you on TripAdvisor,rating us as the best hotel in India. The entire team at the hotel thank you immensely for your encouraging words!

Utmost care is taken by each of our associates at the hotel to provide warm and caring hospitality as truly it is the people who make "the" difference in a hotel.It gives us immense pleasure and satisfaction when the efforts are recognised in such a glowing manner.Your appreciation of our modern,lovely and clean rooms,the quality and variety of breakfast and the friendly and thoughtful staff is well received and we assure you that it will be our constant endeavour to maintain and improve upon the same.

It was indeed very kind of you to have given us such a wonderful feedback and all of us look forward to treating you to yet another wonderful stay at our hotel.

E mail: gm@stmarkshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
Orange County, CA
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The St. Mark's is the hotel-of-choice for folks from my company that visit Bangalore. While being very close to our facility there, it also offers wonderful accommodations that were a treat to come back to after a long day - a very comfortable room with many amenities including free bottled water, universal power plugs, free internet, etc. I can say that I was completely satisfied with the room. The facility offers many amenities as well - excellent dining including an complimentary breakfast that was really a great way to start each day, a small but very nice bar, meeting rooms, cars & drivers for transportation, and a new roof-top garden area for drinks, meetings, yoga, etc. But the service and hospitality were above everything else. The staff really went out of their way to ensure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Being a mid-sized hotel (about 100 rooms) means they have the facilities you expect at a large hotel, but they are able to recognize you and address you by name as you come and go. I very much enjoyed this aspect of the St. Mark's and hats off to Amudha P. and all the staff for making my stay a pleasant one,

1 Thank TouristThruLife
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently and thank you for sparing time to post a very positive review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you found our rooms,food and all amenities and facilities at the hotel very conducive for a business traveller.Your compliments to our staff and Amudha have been conveyed to them and they are inspired to excel in all their guest interactions.It is our constant endeavour to provide superlative hospitality to delight every guest at our hotel and it is very heartening to note that such efforts are so well appreciated.We are also happy that the latest addition at the hotel-the Terrace Garden has become so popular with our guests,providing a soothing ambiance and a fine view of the topography of Bangalore.

Thank you once again and we hope to remain the prefered hotel for all your colleagues who visit Bangalore.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I read rave reviews about this hotel and it actually ranked #2 of 500+ hotels on tripadvisor. It was also city centre location so decided to try it out. In terms of facilities and quality of room, i would rate it as average 4 star. It is well kept but dated and needs major overhaul. TV did not work properly, internet was slow and bed was not really comfortable. Service is excellent and that is why probably the hotel ranks high up in the list.

Breakfast was average, nothing home to write about.

Next time will try something else.

3 Thank VFMtraveller
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are very concerned to note that we did not live up to your expectations during this particular stay of yours.We are sorry that the TV in your room did not function well and that the internet connectivity was slow and you found the bed not very comfortable. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that we will make every effort to correct the situation.The team at the kitchen is determined to make amends on your observation of our breakfast and is looking forward to showcase a much improved performance on your next stay with us.

While we are happy to note that you were very pleased with the quality of our services at the hotel,it is only when you stay with us next will we achieve true redemption.All of us at St.Mark's are looking forward to that opportunity.Request you to let us know of your travel plans,wherein I will be happy to personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

St. Mark's gets top marks for listening to me as a guest. They were proactive in doing all they could to make my stay a pleasant a refreshing experience. The food was heavenly and the rooms were extremely comfortable and well-stocked with everything needed to feel like one is at home. I would deffinatley stay here again if I ever visit Bangalore again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MandM12345
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the lovely comments you have posted on TripAdvisor.It is indeed very heartening and encouraging to receive such positive feedback!My team at the hotel join me in conveying their sincere appreciation on your valuable comments.

We are truly delighted to note that you felt very much at home with the facilities and the service you received at the hotel. Your compliments on the "heavenly" food has been passed on to our kitchen team and they are inspired to continue their great job!

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in St. Mark's hotel after a week long trip around Kerala and right before leaving India. And it was the cherry on top of our wonderful experience. The rooms are luxurious, clean and extremely comfortable, with an amazing shower. The staff is polite, friendly, kind and very helpful. Even though we cancelled an extra bed at the very last minute, Mr. Sanjay Singh, the Front Office Manager, was kind enough not to charge for it (even though we weren't expecting that at all). Breakfast and room service are great (some of the best food in our trip, actually).
There is complimentary wireless and wired internet connection in all the rooms and they have a terrace at the penthouse, with complimentary tea for the guests (and the wifi reaches well up there as well).
PS: Sorry for the blurry pics.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ines F
StMarksHotel, General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and it was indeed our pleasure to have been of service to you.We sincerely appreciate your taking time to post a very positive review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel and that you found our room,services,food and all the facilities excellent.Yes, our team at the hotel do make every effort to ensure that our guests are treated in the most hospitable manner. Your words of appreciation and encouragement are certain to spur them on to continue their excellent work.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of your next stay with us.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you don't know what the fuss about this hotel on Trip Advisor is, the slightly outdated interiors won't help the first impression. But go along.

I would have to give them the best marks for hospitality. The best in Bangalore. My check out was 4 AM. I would have missed complimentary Buffet Breakfast. So, they arranged for that to be delivered in my room. No other hotel has done that ever. And, this was not just 1-2 items, full breakfast choices with fruits, toasts, pastries, tea, juices and all. I loved them for it. They also completed all formalities a day ahead so that my check out is a breeze.

The room itself was quite ok - completely functional. Two bottles of water is rather generous these days. But the bed was slightly small and I am not even tall at 5 feet 7 inches. The bathroom was great.

What they can improve? On-site dining options. No ambiance, no character what so ever. If they did that, I would give it a 5 on 5.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank vikramadhiman
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed August 22, 2012

As always I want to say "I love to come back to this place again and again"
The entire team from the door man to the Vice president (Mr.J.P.Menon) of this hotel are there to talk to you, listen to you and meet all your requirements. Small things of your preference like peeled boiled egg for breakfast vodka and orange juice or cock and rum for the evening comes to you without asking. Very nice to see the importance they give to individual guests.

Room Tip: One new thing added is the roof top cocktail and snacks counter where you can enjoy drinks and snack...