“After every stay there is something new to write”
Review of St Mark's Hotel

St Mark's Hotel
Ranked #9 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed August 22, 2012

As always I want to say "I love to come back to this place again and again"
The entire team from the door man to the Vice president (Mr.J.P.Menon) of this hotel are there to talk to you, listen to you and meet all your requirements. Small things of your preference like peeled boiled egg for breakfast vodka and orange juice or cock and rum for the evening comes to you without asking. Very nice to see the importance they give to individual guests.

Room Tip: One new thing added is the roof top cocktail and snacks counter where you can enjoy drinks and snack...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for St Mark's Hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I spent a week in this hotel and I felt very comfortable. The food was great with a very attentive team of waiters. The room was of very good size and almost everything can be controlled from the comfort of the bed (lights, A/C, blinds,...).

The whole team at this hotel is very hospitable.

The location is just unbeatable! You have the city and UB City just around the corner. The hard-rock cafe and the biere-club, for those that love clubbing, all just around the corner!

I would visit this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I were in Bangalore for a wedding, and St. Marks ended up being a good choice. After traveling around the north of India, St. Marks was a nice break from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is on a fairly busy street (be careful crossing the road!) but once in the hotel it's very quiet. The lobby is beautiful, and the rooms are lovely - there is a window from the bathroom to the bedroom! With blinds that close of course, but still pretty funny. They say it's so you can watch and listen to TV while showering (there are speakers from the TV in the shower). The breakfast was great - some local food paired with Western food (great omelettes!) and some of the best coffee around. My only complaint is difficulty to just walk out the door and walk around, due to the busy street - although this is probably the case in most of the city. Also, the staff seemed to toot their own horn about being a top-rated hotel. I'll be the judge of that. But we did have a nice stay, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The most important feature I like in this hotel is the three layers of glass (windows) between the inside of the rooms and the outside, this completely elliminates any street noise coming into the room (and if you know Bangalore, you know this is important).
The rooms are extremely clean, well designed, and comfortable.
The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to assist you.
The breakfast is a full buffet style breakfast with Indian style, Western hot style, fresh omlettes and eggs, continental fresh fruits and juices, and amazing south Indian Coffee (you have to try this with milk) Well worth to have it included in your rate.
The Towels are a three and a half star in fluffiness (I am a very picky towel person), but should be good enough for most people.
The only thing I urge this hotel to do is to enforce or organize the segregation of smokers and no smokers. other people in my group were put on a smoking floor, while on my non-smoking floor, there were people who smoked in their rooms and the smoke made it's way to my room.
The location is very good, close to UB City, which is the center of Bangalore.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Perfect Location, very clean and very friendly staff. The rooms are tastefully done and a excellent choice if you are travelling for work. The indian food is fantastic and the waiters always at your beck and call...Will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Stacey W
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is my second stay at St. Mark's Hotel--literally, right this second, I am at the desk in my hotel room--and I am just as thrilled as I was the first time.

The rooms are nicely-furnished. The bed, honestly, is more comfortable than my bed at home--and I'm very picky when it comes to my sleeping habits. I would venture to say that the bed is the most comfortable bed in the world. I've slept in enough places to say that confidently. And the shower--wow! I LOVE the showers here--they have a wand option and also a rainfall option, with perfect water pressure.

Not only are the facilities top-notch--the service is also top-notch. I was floored by the fact that although I was only here one other time, for a week last November (and I kept to myself for most of the time), the staff remembered me and made it a point to ask about how I have been, how my life has been since last time, etc. Francis was my main man for room service--he was very attentive and eager to know if my expectations were being met and exceeded. He always has a smile on his face and a little joke to make. I feel "at home" halfway around the world thanks to Francis and all his colleagues.

The food is also fantastic. Their Indian dishes are delicious, but their global fare is also fantastic. Everything is presented beautifully--truly gourmet preparations and high-quality ingredients.

If you are traveling to Bangalore for business (as is my case) OR for pleasure, I strongly recommend that you consider the St. Mark's Hotel as your place to stay.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed, regardless of the room you get. Though I do recommend the corner roo...
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at St Marks Hotel twice recently. I travel a lot through business and find that this hotel meets and exceeds expectations. From the always friendly and welcoming staff, to the small but perfectly formed bedrooms which are kept clean and tidy. The thoughtfulness and attention to detail is touching - such as when I had been given a bunch of flowers from a supplier I was visiting, I came back to my room to find that someone had procured a vase for them on seeing them when housekeeping in my room (vase-less). It's these little touches that make a business trip across continents that much more bearable. Food is good and service is attentive without being intrusive. Highly recommended to anybody.