“2 weeks of stay with Royal Orchid Hotel without any inconvenience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Hotel Royal Orchid
Ranked #63 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
New Delhi, India
“2 weeks of stay with Royal Orchid Hotel without any inconvenience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have stayed for 2 weeks in the Royal Orchid Hotel. And, I must say I am very satisfied with all the services (including room, food, transport). The staff is very responsive and efficient in resolving your queries and serving the services.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, March 16, 2014

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. I shall have your feedback shared with the team.

Perkin Rocha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Dear Mr. Rajawat,

Thank you for your E-mail. I apologise for the delay in responding.

I originally checked into the Royal Orchid Hotel on the day of my first arrival in India on Saturday 6th April 2013 and finally checked out for the last time on Saturday 1st March. That is a stay of 47 weeks, excluding two periods when I returned home to the UK. I don’t know how many people have enjoyed such a long stay as a guest at the Royal Orchid; very few I would imagine. It was never intended that I would spend that long living in a hotel. I was only supposed to stay for a month or so until I was able to find an apartment. However it proved to be difficult for my company to find suitable accommodation and as I was under considerable pressure at work, I decided that it was more convenient to stay in the Royal Orchid. This proved to be the best choice that I could have made in the circumstances. A few weeks ago I was able to renew my Employment Visa and Residency Permit in India until March 2015, which once more made it feasible to move into an apartment on an 11 month lease. This is why I checked out on 1st March and I am now resident in my new apartment in Koramangala.

I would like to say that I had a very happy 47 week stay in the Royal Orchid and was treated with friendliness and courtesy throughout my residency there which did make it feel rather like a home away from home. From the time that I arrived on 6th April 2013, I was made to feel most welcome and I felt very much at home from Day 1, a feeling that persisted right up to the date of my departure. Of course a very important part of that feeling was the friendly relations that I developed with many of the hotel’s wonderful staff. The people with whom I formed a particular attachment were mostly in the lobby area, the front desk and the Limelight Restaurant. It is probably unfair to single out individuals for praise (as I have a poor memory for names – especially Indian ones) but those who come to mind as the staff who improved the happiness quotient of my stay included ShivaKumar, Rini, Subarna, Manisha, Basant, Gabriel, and Sankar. My thanks are due also to staff who left during my stay including Neha and Jaffer. I regret that I am unable to recall the names of many of the individuals who made my stay happier than it might otherwise have been, and I assure you that there are many more that I have not been able to recall.

I did not get the opportunity to avail myself of the use of many of your facilities as my stay in Bangalore has been very much dominated by my work. These included the restaurants for lunch and evening meals, the gym, the swimming pool, the business centre and even Geoffrey’s the English Pub (even though I am English). I was therefore not able to comment on many of these facilities during the review that I was invited to conduct immediately prior to my departure. However none of this really mattered as my focus was on my work and the hotel more than satisfied the needs that I had when I was not working which included a comfortable a well maintained room, internet access, laundry, a nutritious and varied breakfast and friendly welcoming staff early in the morning when I went to work and late in the evening when I returned.

Of course no organisation is without its faults and over a period of 11 months there were bound to be a few issues. I have been described by your staff as a simple undemanding guest who did not complain very much. This is true though in fact I had very little cause for complaint. The issues that I had with the hotel regarding the internet access, laundry, mini bar and room service were of a minor nature; they were quickly addressed by your staff and they did not detract from my overall satisfaction with the Royal Orchid experience. The minor shortcomings were considerably outweighed by the benefits.

The frantic pace of my working life has not yet settled and I will be working long hours for a little while yet. However as I promised the lobby team when I departed, once my work has subsided, I intend to be a regular visitor to the Royal Orchid for brunches and evening meals. I am particularly keen to try the Sunday Brunch with IMFL (having already tried the one at the Leela Palace) but probably not for at least another month yet.

I fully intend to keep in contact with many of the staff and hope that they may visit me at my new apartment. If they ever find themselves round that way they are most welcome to visit although I must warn you that at the moment and for the foreseeable future, I am only there from around 10.00 pm to 7.00 am.

In summary the Royal Orchid may not be the grandest hotel in Bangalore but I can’t imagine being more comfortable in any other establishment and it will always be my first choice if I need to move back into a hotel again.

With best wishes to all at the Royal Orchid,

John

Room Tip: The rooms facing the golf course have attractive views and you can also catch sight of interesting...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

w mids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Located in the middle of a housing estate with nothing nearby - except the old airport where they test the jet engines!

The hotel has not had a good clean in years and everywhere is sticky with residue of dirt that is clearly years old. many of the floor and room smell overpoweringly of damp! Windows in rooms wont shut - so full of mosquitoes! Dirty stained sheets on beds! Clearly not been decorated for years.

Food - colleague and I both ended up ill - so think that says it all!

Nice garden!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, March 9, 2014

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. Let me first apologize on not meeting your expectation and i assure you to work on the areas highlighted.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Beautiful grounds with resident eagle, a really busy place without that sterile hotel feel. My room overlooks the garden and golf course so a bit of a country feel in an otherwise busy neighbourhood.
Lots of shops close by and walking around is no problem.

Room Tip: I really like the rooms over-looking the back grounds as there are frequent weddings and functions f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Eddie,

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Its a nice hotel , with clean comfortable rooms and efficient staff. i have felt relaxed and enjoyed going back to ever day.The room was a good size and very well equipped.The staff were some of the most helpful and polite .. I got a ymmmi taste of food

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, March 2, 2014

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been staying in this Hotel for as long as I can remember , The first thing that strikes you is the warmth of the people , The extra care they take to ensure that your stay is as comfortable , Coupled with the fact that they property is neat , rooms comfortable and the Chef can also pull out a special one as per your ask makes staying here as homely and comfy as possible . No prizes for mentioning that the rates are extremely competitive . You get abslutely what you pay for .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, February 28, 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was suggested by a colleague as convenient for work meetings. It is adjacent to a golf course but I could not see much of it. There is no other place of interest that you can walk to. You come off a busy road on to a small stretch of dirt road and the hotel appears. The staff are very friendly and helpful as you arrive and enter a large, welcoming lobby. Quick check in and into a small musty elevator. It's as if I was entering a different hotel. The room is a nice size with nice wooden floor. Bathroom with shower in the bath - not my favorite. Comfy couch and desk and the bed was good. The passage can get very noisy - sound seems to travel here.
Breakfast was ok and Geoffrey's pub was very dimly lit but quite nice with tasty pub meal. There is a nice pool on the roof. If you like the country feel, this could be a reasonable place for you stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Guest,