“Okay”
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Hotel Royal Orchid
Ranked #72 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Well the name sounds very appealing as I was there for 3 days to attend some business meeting. Well the place itself is quite spacious and clean.The staff in the front desk was quite helpful, but when you go to the the restaurant the staff allocated was very rude or does-not know how to speak to the guest, they should be immediately dealt with.The rooms are fine not enough spacious but was clean and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pranab01
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the entire experience and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

I shall take this feedback and ensure that the courtesy at front desk is immediate looked into.
please do accept my sincere apologies.

I shall have your feedback shared with the team.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal Orchid

Reviewed September 27, 2013

There are few things in this hotel which will pleasently suprise you. View from the room, overlooking the golf course is a site. Cleanliness of room, linen and the room service will give you a feeling of comfort. You will have to make your way thorugh some crazy traffic to reach this place. As there are plethora of options in Bangalore, recommend to stay here only if you have work around the old airport road area. The traffic in Bangalore needs serious consideration while chosing a place to stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

I shall have your feedback shared with the teams here and i am sure they would be delighted.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed there for a day. Had an amazing view of the golf course. Rooms are nice and comfortable, they could do better with the bathrooms, staff is friendly house keeping was a tad bit slow, perhaps they had full occupancy so that could be the reason. Food is all right. Hassle free stay. No complaints. I did recommend staying there.

• Stayed: September 2013
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

I do agree full occupancy could not be the reason for slow service, i shall look into this personally myself.

Perkin Roc

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed in hotel on 21st and 22nd of September. With a group of people. There was a lot of mismanagement at the time of checkin. The reception had no clear view as to what rooms were empty and which were full , though agreed it was not fully their mistake but when you are expecting the crowd atleast some homework and coordination should have been there. Any ways that was still bearable and after an hour of moving around from rooms to rooms I was finally given a suite. I was given the room no. 540. By the look of it I was really impressed and had to say it was an awesome suite. I rested for sometime and after dinner went to sleep. I guess that was the terrible mistake which I did. In the mid of the night (at around 1: 30 am) I had to wake up and my whole body was itching. I turn on the lights and that was a nightmare . There were bed-bugs on my bed. I tried ignoring them but to my surprise there were many and I could not just sleep there. I called the reception, they changed my room within less then half an hour but this room was not as good as previous one. I was told that the availability was not there and any ways it was in the middle of night and so had to settle with whatever I got. As I was with the group, didn’t want to spoil their vacations but I left early from the hotel unhappy.

Room Tip: rooms in the line of 40s are better
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nishant_Maloo

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. And that you did not enjoyed the entire experience and we have not met your expectation, We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies on this inconvenience, we did check on the insect you found in the room, however after checking please let me confirm that it was not the bed bug.

However we have fumigated the room and have kept the room under observation for few days to ensure that it does not happen to any guest going forward.

I also hope that you understand that when these large scale group check's in we do prepare a night before to ensure the smooth check in.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks, on a business trip. Very conveniently located near the main road, yet removed from the noise and rush of Bangalore, this hotel is a green oasis beside the golf course.

Since I travelled over the weekends, I stayed in 4-5 different rooms over my stay. The first floor rooms are newly renovated, but every room has different furnishings - some have radios, some don't, some have white light, some yellow. Even the washroom layout varies to some extent.. I'd expect more consistency from a hotel chain.

Service is really good, and the staff is courteous. Airport transfers are very comfortable. Also, they have a rewards program, though the web services are regarding using/accrual of points are very obscure and difficult to use.

Overall, a good choice if you stay around the Domlur/Koramangla area.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are renovated and way better than the higher floor ones.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debdutta
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

With regards to the rewards program may i request you to write to me on gm.royal@royalorchidhotels.com for further inputs and i shall revert to you with details.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Been to a seminar over there...Nice place with a good view of golf course
The staffs are friendly & the banquet halls are well maintained which can accommodate any sorts of events..The food was amazing..when compare to other hotels nearby the price are quite comparable

Room Tip: Rooms on the front face towards golf view are ggod to stay
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vijayshasel
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Bangalore is a city that has always been well known for expensive hotels. Recession has subdued the prices somewhat, but its still expensive by the standards of any other Indian city I have travelled to.

Royal orchid is probably in the top quartile in terms of costs, though nowhere near the most expensive. However, its very well located- right next to the Golf Course and close to Accenture, Dell and a number of other IT companies.

The hotel is the same that I remember from my last visit 4-5 years back, including a similar level of service. It remains the same clean, tidy, place with good food. My main complaint is probably about the internet. My room rate included "complimentary internet", but in reality the bandwidth of the free service is so slow, its almost a mis-statement to claim that free internet is on offer. I was forced to pay for the higher quality service, and horror of horrors, it was not exceptional either. Sure, you can download mails and browse static sites. But if you want to do anything substantive, like a telecom/ video-con/ or any emergency tech work like production support or triage, just forget about it.

The staff is courteous, the food is nice and overall a nice place. I am rather inclined to give it a "2" rating, weighing quality vis-à-vis cost, but I finally settled for a "3" to give some benefit of doubt to the establishment (and to the food, which is good).

Room Tip: Any room that faces the golf course.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tarvel2learn

Greetings from The Royal Orchid Hotel, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

However we have two speed to be offered to the guest while in house one which is complimentary good enough to download your and other a charged internet for a heavy download.

As per your past experience we are always committed to give our guest the best services at all times.