“Nowhere near airport”

Ranked #63 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nowhere near airport”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Don't be confused by some websites that say is on airport road, it is on old airport road which is 43km from airport and nearly £20 in a taxi taking an hour.
Hotel is ok, buffet restaurant was nothing special, we had to leave before breakfast. Our first room has faulty aircon and we couldn't get the tv to work, also the free wifi wouldn't connect. We complained and were immediately upgraded to a much nicer room where everything worked.
The bed was comfy and the room was very quiet which was important to us as we had to get up early to back the 43km to the airport!
Incidentally, we didn't notice any hotels near to the actual airport, maybe this is something Bangalore needs to build!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you don't want to be disturbed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, May 20, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.
We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

We also note with regret the negative experience you have had during your stay with the Maintenance. Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hari Sukumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently stayed and even organized 2 events at the royal orchid where We had the most shocking experience of the seminar room infested with mosquitoes. Day one the attendees spent only slapping the mosquitoes away rather than focusing on he technical seminar they were paying for. A huge embarrassment for us as organizers as the room was smelling of the bug spray and difficult to sit through for two days. Thanks to royal orchid we had only negative feedback for these seminars.I have been organizing events for long and never have come across such an issue in a four star hotel. I am amazed that the management had not done any pest control ahead of the event. Sending a staff with a mosquito swatter doesn't help.....even the bedrooms had mosquitoes.

1 Thank Anjusg

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel due to Mosquitoes. Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Noida, India
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Located at Manipal Centre, this is a great option for business travellers. But, they need to improve on their check-in, check-out services. Took close to 20 minutes to check-in at 11 in the night!!

Room service was decent and so was the food at their restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, April 21, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our front desk during check in.Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Royal Orchid Bangalore a few years ago. It was a nice and comfortable stay. The food was tasty and well prepared while the Bar had great ambience, especially during happy hours. Wonder if they still have happy hours?
Staff was okay. Place was clean and neat.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Bangkok
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The superior rooms numbered 436 and up are newer and better equipped. Decent shower, clean room. The TV cable reception goes on and off at different times of day and the in room wifi connection speed seems to vary from room to room. Food was quite acceptable by comparable standards in India. Pleasant garden but watch out for mosquitoes in the evening.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

At the price point the Royal Orchid is a good place to stay and I'd recommend it for business or leisure travel for those looking for an economically priced hotel.

Room Tip: Superior rooms numbered above 436 are best

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We also note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel due to Mosquitoes. Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Chennai
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice place to stay. Had a wonderful stay. The rooms are clean and spacious. I loved their restroom. Well maintained hotel. The food is excellent. Not very expensive for the kind of stay and food what you get there. Enjoy the stay and food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

littleton, co
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoyed breakfast. It has enough healthy food to make me full. But I did eat the same thing every day.
I could only use 1 device at a time on the internet.
The room was attractive. I felt as though I were in an older European hotel. The towels were mismatched in texture, but all were rough and old looking.
The chrome towel rack in the shower was spotty and aged. And the water pressure cycled a bit.
Room service was dedicated. They serviced the room one day while I was out in the morning. Then I took a nap before work. When I came back from work, my bed had been done again.
Pest control in the hotel was not up to the standards of my last hotel. I had mosquitoes buzzing around my head as I tried to sleep, and woke with bites. Prior to this trip, I had never been bitten on the palm of my hand, or bridge of my nose.
At times the Air Conditioner struggled to keep up. And it was always on (it did not turn off when it reached the desired temperature). I wish I could have opened the window at times, as the room smelled closed up. And I think someone on the floor was smoking as the bathroom for a few days smelled of stale smoke.
I worked North American hours, and tried to sleep during the day, but the curtains let in a good deal of light. It was bright enough to read by. Probably not according to my Mother. I was there during the festival of Holi. Which was cool, but I did not know the hotel would be throwing a party that destroyed any chance I had of getting sleep before work. Had I known, I would have structured my sleep schedule to account for it.
The bed was hard, and took a few days to get used to. The pillow selection was nice. It covered everything from flatter and softer to thick and firm. There was some background sound that appeared when the A/C unit was off. It cycled in almost the same way the water pressure did.
The staff was friendly. The Breakfast dining area was lovely, with a choice of sitting either indoors or out.
The roof top pool was lovely, and the fitness center was compact but with enough equipment to do a basic workout.
Overall, it was clean, full of character. But dated, and showing signs of slipping.
I was spoiled in my last hotel, in Hyderabad. It was 5 stars, and $30 cheaper than this one. So that biased my rating a bit. I expected more for what the company was paying.

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at the Hotel with regards to the quality of Housekeeping and overall feedback.Please accept our apology.

The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager's and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.