“Reasonably priced and centrally located”
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Hotel Royal Orchid
Ranked #79 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The superior rooms numbered 436 and up are newer and better equipped. Decent shower, clean room. The TV cable reception goes on and off at different times of day and the in room wifi connection speed seems to vary from room to room. Food was quite acceptable by comparable standards in India. Pleasant garden but watch out for mosquitoes in the evening.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

At the price point the Royal Orchid is a good place to stay and I'd recommend it for business or leisure travel for those looking for an economically priced hotel.

Room Tip: Superior rooms numbered above 436 are best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.
We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

We also note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel due to Mosquitoes. Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice place to stay. Had a wonderful stay. The rooms are clean and spacious. I loved their restroom. Well maintained hotel. The food is excellent. Not very expensive for the kind of stay and food what you get there. Enjoy the stay and food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Hotel Royal Orchid.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoyed breakfast. It has enough healthy food to make me full. But I did eat the same thing every day.
I could only use 1 device at a time on the internet.
The room was attractive. I felt as though I were in an older European hotel. The towels were mismatched in texture, but all were rough and old looking.
The chrome towel rack in the shower was spotty and aged. And the water pressure cycled a bit.
Room service was dedicated. They serviced the room one day while I was out in the morning. Then I took a nap before work. When I came back from work, my bed had been done again.
Pest control in the hotel was not up to the standards of my last hotel. I had mosquitoes buzzing around my head as I tried to sleep, and woke with bites. Prior to this trip, I had never been bitten on the palm of my hand, or bridge of my nose.
At times the Air Conditioner struggled to keep up. And it was always on (it did not turn off when it reached the desired temperature). I wish I could have opened the window at times, as the room smelled closed up. And I think someone on the floor was smoking as the bathroom for a few days smelled of stale smoke.
I worked North American hours, and tried to sleep during the day, but the curtains let in a good deal of light. It was bright enough to read by. Probably not according to my Mother. I was there during the festival of Holi. Which was cool, but I did not know the hotel would be throwing a party that destroyed any chance I had of getting sleep before work. Had I known, I would have structured my sleep schedule to account for it.
The bed was hard, and took a few days to get used to. The pillow selection was nice. It covered everything from flatter and softer to thick and firm. There was some background sound that appeared when the A/C unit was off. It cycled in almost the same way the water pressure did.
The staff was friendly. The Breakfast dining area was lovely, with a choice of sitting either indoors or out.
The roof top pool was lovely, and the fitness center was compact but with enough equipment to do a basic workout.
Overall, it was clean, full of character. But dated, and showing signs of slipping.
I was spoiled in my last hotel, in Hyderabad. It was 5 stars, and $30 cheaper than this one. So that biased my rating a bit. I expected more for what the company was paying.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at the Hotel with regards to the quality of Housekeeping and overall feedback.Please accept our apology.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A lot emphasis needs to be done on maintaince of Hotel. Dressing light was not working. Shower was leaking. Bathroom standards were not upto standards. AC cooling was below expectations.
Still would recommend to people because of good ambience, good location & helpful staff.!!
Still would expect better Maintaince standards from Royal Orchid Chain ..!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel with regards to the maintenance issues in your room.Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager's and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

TripAdvisor Support Team

The Royal Orchid Bangalore in Golf Road opposite the KGA golf course has gone downhill over the past few years. The rooms are shabby, breakfast allegedly starts at 7am however the staff are slow to present food selection. The food is only just lukewarm at this time as the heaters are turned on shortly before 7am! Maintenance consists of hammering at any time of day or night. Geoffrey's bar (the only bar available to patrons for a quiet drink) is turned into a nightclub several nights a week so no quiet bar facility just a DJ hammering out loud music. Weekends the place becomes a night spot for Bangalores young crowd and as such the hotel bar,restaurant and lobby is packed again with no thoughts for the residents! The executive lounge is closed, Ginseng is now the home of the happy hour which effectively forces you into the restaurant sat at a table in a sterile atmosphere rather than relaxed in a comfy chair and presented with a menu whilst being offered limited selection of "free" drinks..... The restaurant will be full at weekends with non residential patrons making it difficult to find a table, however if there is also a flea market in the garden Geoffreys bar will also be closed.....as discovered after arriving on a Sunday recently. Fighting in the foyer has also been reported after the disco nights at the weekend......This hotel is NOT a five star hotel and places non residential visitors before paying guests. It's trying to become a night spot and has been listed as such as one of Bangalores top nightspots........and a disco instead of concentrating on being a hotel. I have stayed here many times but it's gone too far downhill now!
Managers promise action daily but one day sorted the next day back to rubbish. The only consistent thing about this hotel is the inconsistency! Better hotels at better rates within the same area......for the management,promises mean nothing if you can't be consistent!

Go to TripAdvisor   |   Unsubscribe   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact Us
Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Questions? Get help here.
TripAdvisor LLC 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA 02464, USA.
© 2013 TripAdvisor LLC. All rights reserved. TripAdvisor, the TripAdvisor logo, the Owl logo and Get The Truth. Then Go. are either registered trademarks or trademarks of TripAdvisor LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel facing the golf club will be subject to the noise from Geoffrey'...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel.Please accept our apology. And request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came here with a group of 12 people from Russia and Ukraine. We expected at least good or excelent service. There are a lot of proplems at the hotel:
1. poor wi-fi.. sometimes "too many users" when you want to login. Quality of wi-fi sometimes good sometimes like dial-up
2. fitness center - good for "average" visitors but it's not enough for regualar visitor for visitor like me. I didn't find many very basis equipment for advanced visitors of fitness/
3. Today we came to oriental reastarant on the ground floor (C)...we waited 1.50!!! hour for our suchi and sashimi.
4. not enough shampoo and other things in the room

The rest are good:
1. food in basic reastarant is good.
2. service at the loby good is good

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel. Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department managers and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed for two nights in February 2013. This was my second stay, once again for a business trip. Despite the company-wide strike, their driver was waiting for me at the airport when I arrived at 5AM (poor guy had been up 24 hours, but still managed to drive safely). My room was ready when we got there, front desk and lobby staff were all very attentive and friendly, and didn't fight me when I wanted to take the bag myself. Stayed in room 208, and it seems as the wing had recently been repainted (a very faint odor of paint remained, not enough to bother at all). I had breakfast there twice and dinner once at Geoffry's. Good food, OK prices, good service were the norm. It was a little loud on Wednesday night (there must have been some sort of function on one of the lower floors, the bass managed to percolate up) but it stopped before 1AM. Folks chatting somewhat loudly in the hall were more of a barrier to falling off to sleep, but I've found that in hotels around the world, not really the hotel's fault. I never heard anything from the rooms next to me, so either they were unoccupied or the walls are pretty good in terms of being soundproof. The 3 bottles of water per day were very much appreciated, and my car back to the airport was ready on time, so my trip into and out of Bangalore for business had no unexpected hiccups. This hotel is within walking distance to the Embassy Golf Course business park (home of a number of high-tech firms) if you can handle a few unpaved streets and the odd cow wandering around. Actually an interesting way to begin the day! I'll likely stay again on my next business trip there.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Hope to welcome you back soon at Hotel Royal Orchid.