Hotel Royal Orchid
$81
$137
$103
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
$266
Agoda.com
$180
$119
1,015 results
All reviewstiger trailold airport roadlimelight restaurantlime lightrooftop poolbusiness tripvalue for moneyindira nagarcoffee shoproom servicehome away from homefood qualitycourteous staffspecial mentioncomfortable stayrooms are spaciousfront office
Reviewed March 16, 2013

TripAdvisor Support Team

The Royal Orchid Bangalore in Golf Road opposite the KGA golf course has gone downhill over the past few years. The rooms are shabby, breakfast allegedly starts at 7am however the staff are slow to present food selection. The food is only just lukewarm at this time as the heaters are turned on shortly before 7am! Maintenance consists of hammering at any time of day or night. Geoffrey's bar (the only bar available to patrons for a quiet drink) is turned into a nightclub several nights a week so no quiet bar facility just a DJ hammering out loud music. Weekends the place becomes a night spot for Bangalores young crowd and as such the hotel bar,restaurant and lobby is packed again with no thoughts for the residents! The executive lounge is closed, Ginseng is now the home of the happy hour which effectively forces you into the restaurant sat at a table in a sterile atmosphere rather than relaxed in a comfy chair and presented with a menu whilst being offered limited selection of "free" drinks..... The restaurant will be full at weekends with non residential patrons making it difficult to find a table, however if there is also a flea market in the garden Geoffreys bar will also be closed.....as discovered after arriving on a Sunday recently. Fighting in the foyer has also been reported after the disco nights at the weekend......This hotel is NOT a five star hotel and places non residential visitors before paying guests. It's trying to become a night spot and has been listed as such as one of Bangalores top nightspots........and a disco instead of concentrating on being a hotel. I have stayed here many times but it's gone too far downhill now!
Managers promise action daily but one day sorted the next day back to rubbish. The only consistent thing about this hotel is the inconsistency! Better hotels at better rates within the same area......for the management,promises mean nothing if you can't be consistent!

Go to TripAdvisor   |   Unsubscribe   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact Us
Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Questions? Get help here.
TripAdvisor LLC 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA 02464, USA.
© 2013 TripAdvisor LLC. All rights reserved. TripAdvisor, the TripAdvisor logo, the Owl logo and Get The Truth. Then Go. are either registered trademarks or trademarks of TripAdvisor LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel facing the golf club will be subject to the noise from Geoffrey's bar disco several nights a week......rooms at the back of the hotel will be subject to loud music from the halls hired for weddings etc.........Smell from the river is powerful........
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel.Please accept our apology. And request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came here with a group of 12 people from Russia and Ukraine. We expected at least good or excelent service. There are a lot of proplems at the hotel:
1. poor wi-fi.. sometimes "too many users" when you want to login. Quality of wi-fi sometimes good sometimes like dial-up
2. fitness center - good for "average" visitors but it's not enough for regualar visitor for visitor like me. I didn't find many very basis equipment for advanced visitors of fitness/
3. Today we came to oriental reastarant on the ground floor (C)...we waited 1.50!!! hour for our suchi and sashimi.
4. not enough shampoo and other things in the room

The rest are good:
1. food in basic reastarant is good.
2. service at the loby good is good

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel. Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department managers and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed for two nights in February 2013. This was my second stay, once again for a business trip. Despite the company-wide strike, their driver was waiting for me at the airport when I arrived at 5AM (poor guy had been up 24 hours, but still managed to drive safely). My room was ready when we got there, front desk and lobby staff were all very attentive and friendly, and didn't fight me when I wanted to take the bag myself. Stayed in room 208, and it seems as the wing had recently been repainted (a very faint odor of paint remained, not enough to bother at all). I had breakfast there twice and dinner once at Geoffry's. Good food, OK prices, good service were the norm. It was a little loud on Wednesday night (there must have been some sort of function on one of the lower floors, the bass managed to percolate up) but it stopped before 1AM. Folks chatting somewhat loudly in the hall were more of a barrier to falling off to sleep, but I've found that in hotels around the world, not really the hotel's fault. I never heard anything from the rooms next to me, so either they were unoccupied or the walls are pretty good in terms of being soundproof. The 3 bottles of water per day were very much appreciated, and my car back to the airport was ready on time, so my trip into and out of Bangalore for business had no unexpected hiccups. This hotel is within walking distance to the Embassy Golf Course business park (home of a number of high-tech firms) if you can handle a few unpaved streets and the odd cow wandering around. Actually an interesting way to begin the day! I'll likely stay again on my next business trip there.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Hotel Royal Orchid.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I travel to India from the US for business every other month or so. I usually stay at the Grand Mercure in Koramangala, but I have stayed at other Royal Orchids and thought I would try this one. The location is a little tricky for some drivers, so you should know how to direct them ("right next to Diamond District on Airport Road" is a good phrase). The breakfast service is ok but a bit chaotic. Sunday brunch is good - not on par with the Leela, of course. Wireless worked great for me during my stay.
Two of the treadmills are not really usable (the tension on one is no good and another just doesn't work). The pool is on the roof with a beautiful view, especially during the morning when you can see the mist across the city.
The rooms and towels are quite dated. The bathroom and bedrooms are otherwise quite nice. The hallway felt very dated. Dirty carpet and walls that attention.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Situated at Old Airport road, this hotel is in the middle of the city. I liked here Jeoffry Pub very much. Food as very good. Nice garden! Swimming pool is at the top floor of this hotel You can have very good Chinese food in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Hope to welcome you back soon at Hotel Royal Orchid.