Hotel Royal Orchid
$61
$69
$61
Hotels.com
Springs Hotel & Spa(Bengaluru)
$45
$74
Wonderla Resort(Bengaluru)
$90
$87
All reviewstiger trailold airport roadlimelight restaurantlime lightrooftop poolbusiness tripvalue for moneyindira nagarcoffee shoproom servicehome away from homefood qualitycourteous staffspecial mentioncomfortable stayrooms are spaciousfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed a week at the Hotel Royal Orchid. It adjoins a Golf Course. I will return

Pluses: clean comfortable bed with four pillows, 2 bottled waters per nite, same-day laundry service, made-to-order breakfast (pics uploaded) and Wi-Fi included in rate, and friendly staff.

Many events go on at this hotel…but never noisy.

Roof-top pool. But no towels provided. BYOT. Beers available at the pool...but glass bottles???

Gripe: Wi-Fi can be unreliable and at times impossible to stay connected despite good signal. Requires re-log-on each day…unnecessary pain with complex registration and sign-in. Internet connectivity protected like the Kremlin…why so complex?

Hotel staff provided an adapter for US A/C

Best Part: Geoffrey's Bar and Lounge. Good value Kingfisher draught beer. Food service also available in bar area. Open until 11:30 pm

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings of the Day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Hotel with Regards to the Internet Services, we take your feedback very seriously and have made adequate measures to rectify this inherent issue..Please accept our apology.

And request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards. We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Seriously folks, I really have lost count of the number of times that I have stayed at HRO. The fact that I have stayed so many times and continue to do so says a lot about the team at HRO as they are the heart and soul of the hotel.

The renovations done to the smaller short term stay rooms look great and make the rooms look smart and fresh...nice job. I am glad that all of the banging and drilling were nearly finished when I returned on this trip though.

HRO is really my other home away from Australia and has been so since 2009 when I first started travelling for work to Bangalore.

Hotel product is similar across the globe, the differentiation comes through the service delivery of the product.
I couldn't ask for better service from Payal and her team and also Hemanth, Babylone and the crew at Geoffrey's...thanks for being so accommodating it goes without saying that I really appreciate it.

See you all in 2013

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank whanauoz
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Booked a Club Room 5 months ago. Requested for a quiet, upper floor room 6 days before check in. On arrival, I was offered Room 144 as no higher floor room was available, inspire of me requesting Reservations to book the room on phone.
The room does not have enough space in the cupboard to keep clothes and to hang suites. It is very cramped. Suitcases have to be emptied and kept in the room.
Booked a room for a couple and found one pair of slippers and bath gown.
Asked Room service to clear tray in 20 minutes and after 3 hours the tray is still in the room.
Went to sleep in the afternoon and got woken up with banging and work going on above my room. I had to call the Front Office to have the work stopped.
Would never again stay in this Hotel in Bangalore !

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had with our rooms and services.
Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned team /department managers and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

i was visiting bangalore during the Indian Open Golf Championship, and wanted a efficient hotel next to the Golf Course. some of my friends were also staying there, and i booked myself also for 2 nights. the hotel was quite efficient, and the club floor room, which i had booked had a good ambience lighting and was well equipped for the business traveller.
overall a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jchitlangia
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Might be supervised i used the word Bad smell, Yes that the bottom line .. When you vist this Royal Orchid Old Airport road, Bangalore you will received with a grand reception . But you will smell bad due to the drainage passing near the hotel. Its so horrible if it rains. Food is good. Staffs are very generous and helpful.

Room Tip: Just ask a room opposite to the drainage, you will be away from the stinking smell.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business