“Wonderful place to stay in Bangalore”
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Hotel Royal Orchid
Ranked #69 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Trivandrum
“Wonderful place to stay in Bangalore”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Royal Orchid at HAL Airport Road adjoining the KGA Golf Course is in a quiet location, yet is close to the important business centres in Bangalore. If you are going there for the first time and have hired a cab, definitely you may feel that the driver has lost his way, until you reach the gate of the property.
The rooms are spacious, very tidy and well furnished. The beds are large and the bathrooms are excellent. Buffet breakfast is complimentary and is good. The restaurant at groundfloor facing the lawn, serves excellent quality food. The staff are quite friendly and helpful and overall it's a wonderful place to stay in Bangalore.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, October 9, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use. I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement.

Hari Sukumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hi,

This is one of the hotel that I liked so much, the staff was perfect and helpfull,

the food was very good, even if I don't eat spicy food, I always asked the chief to prepare a special meal for me, with the ingredient that I eat, and he prepare it without any complain, I thank him so much for that.

the room is very clean, so after a long work day you just relax at your room, or you can go down to the cofee shop 24/7, so don't worry if you stayed out side till 1 am, the coffe shop is there you can order something to eat :)

Room Tip: Ask them for a room with a golf field view, it amazing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kaito F
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

Hope to welcome you back soon at Hotel Royal Orchid

Best Wishes,
Guwahati, India
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is excellent provided your company is paying! Situated off the once-calm Intermediate Ring Road, this Hotel is located very close to all the corporate houses of the Embassy Golf Links Business Park as well as the ones on Wind-Tunnel Road(provided you know the shortcuts well!).

Visit during the day and you won't miss the awesome buffet lunch, what with its piping hot starters - yummy soups, assorted kebabs, pasta as well as a vast assortment of salads both veg and non-veg. The main course lives up to expectations well and the dessert is plainly awesome!

Aside, I have heard that the cafeteria is great too, especially in the evenings, but I have never gotten a chance to visit the cafeteria. Plus I know this is a business hotel, and I have never stayed here, so I have no idea how the accommodation is here. The food though, is great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank TheEatingMachine
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Nora
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Much appreciated the garden and roof top pool. Nice to have breakfast outdoors if so you want. Helpful staff. Surprisingly quite for being so close to a main street. Will go back here next time - have stayed at fancier but less relaxing hotels in Bangalore.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank vechrolet
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 24, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's the first hotel I tried in India.
Compared witht the hotel in China, the price is higher than that of 5-star hotel in China, the facility in room is that of 3-star hotel in China. Typical India style breakfast, besides many sause, no much chooice. I also tried the Chinese restruant in floor C, but it is also in India style. No hot water for shower in room. All the staffs have very good attitude. Bu they forgot my taxi drop to airport, even I had double confirmed it in the morning of same day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 820lucyl
Dear Guest,

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Coffee Shop and our Asian Restaurant with regards to food.

Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here with family. The first thing that struck us, and stayed throughout, was the slack in service ... they just did not try enough. We requested for a room with a view of the golf course. We were given a room number, and then it they changed it. Once we got to the room, we realized that this was quite far from the golf course, the earlier room number would have been much closer. We asked the steward to check. So he calls the front desk asking if any closer room was available and then softly adds “its ok if it is not there” in the local language. The room was ok, did not feel 5-star. Bathroom fixtures were quite out-dated. The bed and pillows were awesome … the right stiffness. They had a ‘pillow menu’, which was a first for us … but it turned out that these were really small pillow with fragrance … still something different. They did not have everything available… eg: I had to call them up to get a toothpaste. But the high part of our stay was the food. Both the restaurants were awesome. Limelight had a very good spread. Several starters, entrees, desserts … everything tasty. Ginseng was quite authentic … we went for the Teppanyaki. Again the service at the table was a little delayed. The rooftop swimming pool is really nice, but not really ‘temperature controlled’ I thought. The overall experience was definitely good … just a little bit of that effort is required on their service. We did ‘expect more’ than this :-)

Room Tip: I think the lower odd numbers (1, 3, 5 ...) would be facing the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BhaskarNS
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us In spite of a few glitches.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just checked in today and I have never had such a disastrous start to my stay before.

I walk in the closet to hang in my suit and bunch of mosquitoes come out and start flying all over the room. Next I go for a shower and there is no hot water. After 4 complaints , 1 room change , finally I manage to get what I would called at best luke warm water . And the worst, the towels had yellow stains on them, just disgusting.

Terrible first day. I have yet to see anything close to 3 star service. I hope it gets better rest of the week and I can see some glimpse of 5 star hotel that it claims.

Will update the review at the end of the stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mumbai_times
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, August 27, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at the room during check in.