“Nice & decent hotel with great hospitality and good indian food”

Hotel Ramanashree Richmond Circle
Ranked #105 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The hotel is an above average hotel but with affordable cost, wonderful staff, centrally located, good travel desk and good indian food. Limitation is the amenities in the rooms - it could be much better and also choice of food....

But this hotel will be my choice again if i go on business and my budgets are tight......

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 19, 2009

I had stayed in this hotel for close to week. Rooms are good with nice interiors. Food quality & varity is also nice.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I had stayed for 2 days.

This was a business tour.

Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Its A great place, Value for money, clean, friendly staff, especially the front office and the house keeping staff are very friendly, good food,

hey! one should stay here and enjoy

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We stayed at this hotel just for one night at the end of a 2 week trip through South India. Our plane from Kochi was late and we were supposed to spend the following day in Mysore before catching our international flight from Bangalore at 2 AM. On arrival, I thought the hotel did look clean but not great (I am used to staying in 5 star hotels). We were given a suite which was way above our expectations! Very elegant decoration, everything working perfectly, good views, ... But what was amazing was that, upon coming back at 10PM from our day trip and while we had checked out and left our luggage in the cloak room, we were spontaneously offered a complimentary (very nice) room to freshen up and change before going to the airport! I spend around 120 days in hotels worldwide every year and this is the first time I see this happening (particularly considering it was our first time in this hotel and we only spent one night). This was the perfect conclusion to our trip and it did make a big difference. Their motto is "Rediscover hospitality" and I think they live up to it.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Well I guess I shouldn't expect too much from a 3 star. Here's what went wrong with my stay.

First of all, the hotel needs a major refurbishment. The inside of the hotel is very musty and smells a bit mildewy. The AC didn't work in our 1st room. They tried to fix it and after a few hours it still wasn't cooling the room. Then we asked them to fix it or move us to another room. The man at the front desk said no problem. We went to dinner and they said it would be done by the time we got back. It wasn't and the staff had changed to the night shift. None of them knew about the AC issue. So at 11:30 PM we were running around trying to shift rooms. Then the AC didn't work in the 2nd room either.

We had constant power surges where the power would go off and then come back on, but i guess things like this do happen in India. So maybe not the hotel's fault.

The lift was a bit dodgy too. My husband got trapped in the elevator for a few minutes. We had to call to the front desk to get someone to get him out.

The staff was always friendly and willing to help, but if one of them tells me "sure just give me 5 minutes" I'll scream, because they never came through on this. And we had to ask for the same thing over and over.

We booked a tour to Mysore through the hotel's travel desk and the car was 30 minutes late picking us up. Then the guy at the tour desk was arguing with us like it was our fault for expecting to leave on time.

When we went to pay the bill for the room, we noticed there was an extra room service charge on the bill. This took them 30 minutes to verify and then, they asked us if we had change so they could give us our refund in cash. We didn't have change, we went to lunch and told them they had 3 hours to get change. And when we got back they again asked us is we had change.

The only good thing going for this hotel is that the rooms were clean. And I guess this is the most important thing when traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank TripperMumbai
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We recently hosted a party at the hotel and I must say, at the end of it, that I will never advise anyone, friend or foe, to even go anywhere near the hotel. The banquet manager was rude from the begning, and one of the main course dishes was not prepared properly. On complaining the first response, without even tasting the food, was "this is how we make it". We then called their chef, and he tasted and confirmed that the dish was not prepared properly. On asking for a compensation, the banquet manager started abusing badly. These people take business for granted becuase of their location. Please avoid the hotel at all costs.

Stayed: August 2008