“Great hotel for Business Travel”

JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
Ranked #11 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel for Business Travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott for two weeks in early April '14. It was my first trip to India, so I was a little apprehensive, but after looking at other business class hotels such as the Oberoi and Leela Palace, I settled on the brand familiarity (and points) of a Marriott. I was not let down. It was truly world class. The staff is extremely courteous and went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. It was clean and quiet (despite all the horns outside, i could barely hear them). When the airline broke my suitcase, they replaced the wheel quickly (< 24 hours) and charged only 375 RS. Rajesh and Mandeep from Bar Uno were great and they sent me off with a free cocktail, desert, and a hand-written card on my last night there. I will definitely stay here again if/when i visit Banaglore again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris F
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Chris,
It feels wonderful to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I am glad that the facilities and services on offer met your expectations of the JW Brand. Your comments certainly reinforce our belief that our wonderful team of associates are the true differentiator for our hotel and brand. I look forward to serving you once again at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru!
Parul Thakur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Excellent service, the staff is extremely helpful. Great property & location. Would definitely come back to stay. The restaurant menu is superb, wide variety and prompt service. would definitely recommend for a weekend stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nitesh,
I thank you for your time and this review on the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found the central Bengaluru location convenient. At the JW Marriott, we take great pride in providing the kind of personalized and intuitive service that we believe our guests really care about. Also great to know you enjoyed the varied food and beverage options on offer. I eagerly await your next visit to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru!
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

i recently stayed at the JW Marriot hotel Bengaluru on a recent trip. The hotel is truly world class with all amenities. the staff were very friendly & the rooms were very spacious and clean and with fast wifi. They offer really good breakfast and good service overall. it has several reasons to be back again.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Victor,
Thank you for your time and this review on your stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. It feels wonderful to receive such positive feedback from our treasured guests and I am grateful to you for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the amenities and services were to your satisfaction. I eagerly await your next visit to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru and look forward to providing you with true JW Hospitality!
Parul Thakur,
General Manager.
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel once last year. While the overall experience was ok, there was a considerable delay in getting the right fare (corporate fare that my company gets). I had to wait at the reception for over 30 minutes.
Rooms and food was in line with JW standards but found it a bit expensive.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RS3
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to post this review on the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I appreciate the fact that you faced a considerable delay during check-in and I apologize for the inconvenience. We will certainly look at addressing this issue and I request you to mail me at parul.thakur@marriott.com to enable us to get a better understanding of your grievance. I am glad you enjoyed the room and dining facilities and can assure you of a more memorable experience on your next visit to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru.
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The ambience is modern and the rooms are spacious. Service is excellent. However, there is not much of variation in the breakfast. Food is quite good - mainly tried the Indian, either at the buffet or at Spice Garden, manned by Chef Jolly. However, was disappointed by the Saag Ghost - it was not cooked well, seemed like boiled mutton dished up in common Palak Paneer gravy; was expecting slow cooked mutton in tender spinach leaves, as indicated in their menu. But the staff was kind enough to waive the charges, when I mentioned that I did not like the dish.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the room and the service at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. Your comments certainly motivate us to keep up the hard work and continue to provide service synonymous with the JW Marriott brand. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your dinner at Spice Terrace. At our poolside Indian restaurant, we take great pride in crafting a menu tailor made to suit the preferences of our patrons and I apologize if the cuisine on offer failed to meet your expectations. I do look forward to welcoming you back and can assure you of a unique experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru.
Darien, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the J W Marriott, Bengaluru (Feb 2014) and what a pleasant surprise it was to see that this hotel finally opening as a fine world class business hotel with all the amenities and facilities that a business person would want in a convenient location. The staff is highly trained to cater to the sophisticated and demanding guests mostly from high tech industry…though I must say that this staff was equally receptive to the demands of casual guests that we happened to be. Since the hotel was not fully opened, we could not fully experience the services at the Concierge Lounge as Platinum members. Having breakfast at the restaurant is a must because of the immaculate service and willingness to serve any dish one craves for.

The hotel makes guests feel welcome as soon as one puts first step into the hotel with big smiles from hostess like Nazia…….the smile that blossomed until the day of our departure. The patience of Front Office Executive Ms. Jhanavi Dave was remarkable in that she tried to make us feel at home and mobilized all the services and resources that would make our stay pleasant and memorable…..including spoiling us with frequent treats of fine chocolates and flowers in our room. And finally Mr. Shrawan in the restaurant was delightfully ever ready to cater to our every fancy in the morning at the breakfast. It is difficult to express our gratitude to these and other fine members of the staff at this hotel for the wonderful service and memorable experience except conveying to the General Manager that these people are reasons for making J W marriott our destination hotel in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Amir,
It feels wonderful to receive such positive feedback from esteemed guests such as yourself and I want to thank you for taking the time to post this review on your experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the amenities and JW Signature Service on offer. We truly believe that the people are the backbone of our organization and your words only reinforce this belief. I will certainly be sure to pass on the compliments to Nazia, Jhanavi, Shrawan and our fabulous team of associates! You will also be happy to know that our Executive Lounge that offers an exclusive space to our guests to unwind with panoramic views is now open and I look forward to us getting the opportunity to serve you very soon in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This new luxury hotel has all to offer...from cuisine to luxurious rooms. The hotel keeps up the standards of a JW brand. Just next to the the UB city which has all the entertainment available for a traveler. Nice hotel to stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Cubbon Park have a good view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Harsh,
We appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable feedback on your experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. It is wonderful to learn you enjoyed your stay and the amenities and facilities matched your expectations of the JW Brand. Indeed with our central location in the heart of the business district and overlooking the beautiful Cubbon Park, we strive to cater to the needs of both business and leisure travellers. I eagerly look forward to your next visit to our hotel and can assure you of another delightful stay!