“Great hotel, friendly staff, nice fitness center”

JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
Ranked #17 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I gave the JW a try after staying previous times at the Leela and Oberoi. I really enjoyed the Fitness center as good equipment set in a bright and airy space that overlooks the Park. The food always tasted very fresh and room though small is laid out in a very good fashion. I had a balcony room overlooking the Park which I enjoyed; did not find street noise bad. Next trip to India will absolutely stay there. You will find the shopping and restaurants at UB City right next door an added plus!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
It feels absolutely wonderful to wake up to such a positive review on the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I am so pleased you had a delightful stay and found our central location useful. I do agree that the fabulous view of the lush Cubbon Park does indeed make working out at our Fitness Center enjoyable. I eagerly await your next visit to India and can assure you of another memorable stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru!
Parul Thakur

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night during recent business trip. Hotel is really nice, looks like everything is brand new. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast selection is not very extensive, but still excellent - with western and Indian stations available. Rooms are big and clean. I did not have to look around the area but it seems that it's located in the nice part of town. There is a nice pub within 5 minutes walking distance. Security was also pretty good with physical barriers and dogs checking the incoming cars for explosives. I really like it and will stay again when I'm next time in Bangalore.

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased by your positive comments on the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. We are in fact a brand new property and the first JW in South India! Located in the central business district and overlooking the beautiful Cubbon Park, we strive to cater to the needs of both business and leisure travelers. I am glad that you were able to make the JW Marriott, Bengaluru your home for a night and sincerely look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Located just 10 minutes walking distance from MG road and next to UB city. Very comfortable rooms and attention to details is visible all around. Great breakfast and excellent food. Spice Terrace open air restaurant has great ambience though it could get a bit chilly late evening. Excellent banquets hall / meeting organization.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Subramanian,
I am grateful to you for taking the time to post this review on your stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I’m happy to know that you found our location in the heart of the city convenient and savored the various dining options at the hotel. As far as our banqueting facilities are concerned, we take great pride in being able to organize meetings and conferences tailor made to the needs of our guests and it is wonderful that you have appreciated the same. I eagerly look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had been for lunch at JW Marriot Hotel UB City and the hotel ambience is one of the best in Bangalore. The spread was really very lavish and had lot of variety from continental to Indian. The most good was the variety of salad and fruits served it had exotic fruits and vegetables. Though the cost was on higher side the variety offered was good. But there were some of Indian dishes which needs better taste.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased by such a positive response to your dining experience at the JW Kitchen. The buffet does indeed offer an extensive spread of cuisine from across the world and it is wonderful to know you relished the food. I invite you to visit our poolside restaurant as well where celebrity Chef Jolly dishes out the most authentic Indian cuisine. You can also follow the latest on our dining outlets at our Food and Wellness Facebook Page!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was my first stay with JW Marriott in Bengaluru. I did a current reservation and late check in at the hotel. My overall check in experience was good. The room was spacious and offered a nice panoramic view to UB city as well. I had to leave the hotel early hours in the morning and they offered took a good care of my requirement, packed my breakfast as well so that I can have it on the way to airport. During my stay I had couple of problems with my stay, Internet connectivity was poor and not up to any standards not sure it was only with me. I switched to wired line still the same experience. Also I noticed that the room was not properly vacuumed I could figure out couple of paper bits near the bed which somebody stayed previously might of left there. I'm not sure I have got a JW Experience with this property.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room with balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your time and this review on the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. Good to know that the room appointments and service were to your satisfaction. I understand your stay did not match up to your expectation of a JW Experience. There was a minor incident with our network as a result of which the internet experience wasn’t satisfactory and my apologies for the same. I have made a note of your comments and will certainly ensure that our guest rooms live up to the standards espoused by the JW Marriott brand. Once again, I thank you for your feedback and will look forward to your next visit to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent room and appointments, food, spa, ..
The hotel needs to indianize a little more. It is the only 5 or 4 stars hotel in town that does not offer airport pick up service, and Lord Ganesha is not welcoming the travellers in the main hall.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a view of Cubbon park; Odd numbered rooms are above the Spice terrace which...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable insights. At the JW Marriott we endeavor to provide you with the level of service and facilities that is synonymous with the brand. We do in fact have an airport pick up and drop facility available to our guests. I will certainly look into the matter and rectify any miscommunication. I look forward to welcoming you back and can assure you of a unique experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed at the JW for two nights in Feb 2014 with friends. The service was fantastic, rooms are beautifully maintained and service is very, very prompt! Although we stayed on the first floor, the room was overlooking a huge park and being a west-facing room, we had a fantastic sunset view - no complaints there! Had a tiny problem with the aircon which was promptly fixed (the manager even sent over a platter of desserts for the "inconvenience" - thank you!). The poolside is wonderful. Located next door to UB city, it is an ideal choice for business and leisure travelers. Breakfast is quite good too. Classy & comfortable - it doesn't get better than this.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your time and this fabulous review on your stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I am pleased you enjoyed the facilities and service. Our guest rooms do offer panoramic views and it is wonderful to know you relished the experience. I am also glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the signature JW Service. The poolside ambience is quite delightful and I look forward to welcoming you back to another memorable experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru!