“Perfect Location and a grand hospitality ”

JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
Ranked #11 of 652 Hotels in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, India
“Perfect Location and a grand hospitality ”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My room at JW marriott overlooked Cubbon park green stretch, Chinnaswami stadium and Vidhan Souda
There can't be any other location prime than this.

The rooms are superbly designed especially the bathroom.

JW kitchen is great, I enjoyed my conversations with chef Somu, Prashant and Krishna

Keep it up and I am coming back especially for the breakfast buffet :)

Stayed November 2013
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Ashish,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Your feedback certainly encourages me and my team to continue the hardwork that is definitely paying off. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the breakfast buffet.
I certainly look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon!

Parul Thakur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Over the years I have stayed at many Marriott hotels (and the competitors) and this is one of the best I have stayed in. The room was very nicely done and clean. The breakfast was exceptional. The selection of items was quite large and the staff was outstanding.

1 Thank MFAW_NDT
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am delighted that the amenities and services on offer fulfilled your expectations. Your appreciation certainly reinforces the teams' commitment to excellence and we are grateful to you for recognizing the same.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel very soon to experience authentic JW Marriott service.

Thank you!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very well constructed building, rooms, bathrooms, restaurants, spa etc.
What was shocking is that they have falsely advertised on the net and someone can sue them. This is a big negative to the Marriott brand.
Website says bar ( no bar exists ) even though they were secretly holding a party by pool side serving alcohol ( i was told they dont have licence to serve guests living there )
Website says, heated outdoor swimming pool, The pool attendant said . " what heating ?"
We had a conference in their conference room that was very well built but stinking of sewage ( God knows why ?)
The bathroom items like comb etc were worse than you would get on the roadside. So obviously not known to the Marriott family. we have someone here making a lot of money putting substandard consumables. The comb bends while using it with sharp plastic edges.
Please someone take note of my mail and do something if you are concerned about JW Marriott reputation.

4 Thank Arun P
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We are glad that you like the physical aspects of the hotel. I am sorry that the Bar UNO on Level 1, was not operational during your stay. The hotel does not possess a permanent liquor license but used a daily license for events and thus liquor was available at the poolside event.

We are happy to inform you that public areas of the hotel are now open including Bar UNO, Alba and Spice Terrace. The heating feature of the pool is also active. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel and providing you with a more satisfying and engaging experience!

Warm regards,

General Manager.
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The brand new JW Marriott in Bangalore is fantastic. Clearly the opportunity of a new build and to get it right was taken. Great location in UB City, lovely welcome from the excellent and very professional staff, a beautiful lobby, fantastic selection and quality of food, stunning rooms, beautiful pool and a Spa from heaven. Forget the other hotel and stay here...

2 Thank Jonathan D
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Jonathan,

Thank you so much for your great review. Your positive comments go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates that we are on the right track. I sincerely look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My colleagues and I were having business meetings in the area and decided to have coffee/tea in between meetings at this new but yet to be fully opened property. We finished our drinks and even agreed to pay/consume the wrongly taken drink order. When we tried to access the wifi, we were then told that we had to pay separately. This was disappointing but thankfully an astute service manager from JW kitchen came and offered to let us have free wifi.

If this continues, it would be a property that I would definitely consider to come back not only for coffee but to stay on my next trip.

1 Thank kmquek
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to give us your feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience caused with the drink order. Thank you for your positive comments, they go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates that we are on the right track. I sincerely hope to welcome you back and provide you with a more satisfying and engaging experience!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed in the second week of the hotel's opening. There's something quite special about being the guest of such a new property. Staff are newly minted from training and seem to be very keen to demonstrate their skills and expertise. The design of the hotel is international, sleek, sophisticated. Rooms are a good size, with a well-designed bathroom. I liked the balcony option too - nice to take advantage of Bangalore's pleasant climate with a small outdoor setting. The only issue I had with the room design, is that lighting in the bathroom is not adequate for a woman to do her make-up! It's really ambient lighting. So watch out for that - I ended up doing make-up at the business desk. The hairdryer is also one of those annoying ones that you have to depress with your thumb to keep the power on. Try doing that for the 30-odd minutes it takes to dry long, thick hair and you're looking at potential thumb sprain! Dear designers of hotel rooms, addressing these issues would make life so much easier for female travelers; please consider. Other than that, I liked the hotel very much. Staff were really great - from the greeter at the airport to the reception team, from waiters to drivers; and I wanted to particularly recognise Murali from the Customer Service line. I needed a calculator to do some work and asked if I could possibly borrow one from the business center. Turned out they didn't have one - so Murali went out and actually purchased one that I could use while I was there! How's that for above and beyond service?! Really appreciated it. Restaurants were not all open when we were there but when they are, you can tell the choices will be very nice indeed. Altogether this is going to be a very welcome addition to the range of hotels available in Bangalore.

2 Thank JCN_Travels
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear JCN Travels,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your positive comments and appreciation definitely reinforces the teams' hard work and we thank you for recognizing the same. We are looking forward to your next stay in our new hotel and are sure that you will be equally impressed.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Like everyone else has said, the hotel is still in the initial phases of it's opening. They are still working through the issues that will make it s 5-star soon enough.

*Hired the hotel car to take me from the airport to the hotel. Price is very reasonable and their on-airport staff met me at the baggage claim departure doors and navigated me through the chaos that is the BLR arrivals area. I also took the car back to the airport however the on-airport staff were nowhere to be found to assist in the departure...
*Check in was formal and efficient. No complaints there.
*The room, overall, is quite well done. You just have to get used to a few things that are not typical Marriott. First is the TV....you don't point the controller at the TV but at the satelite box under the counter. I have never had this in any other Marriott and I thought the controller was broken.
*The faucet in the bathroom is too close to the water bowl. It was extremely difficult to get our hands under the water without dragging them through the dirty water in the bowl. This is a design flaw that they said they are addressing...I hope so as it really is annoying.
*Bed is comfortable and I got a great night's sleep each night.
*The desk area needs some work...there is a filing drawer under it that houses some electronics, but it is in the way of being able to put your feet under the desk. I had to sit off to the side versus in the center of the desk.
*Careful with rooms that have a balcony. They have some work to do in order to seal the doors properly...the noise from the street sounded as if I was standing in the middle of the street. However, rooms without the balcony door were perfect as no noise from the street could be heard (I was moved out of the balcony room to a non-balcony room because of this).
*The restaurant for breakfast is quite exceptional. Tons of selections with a chef on hand to make whatever you want.
*Room service was also very good. It is rare to get "hot" food with room service but that is what I got each night. Tastes and setup were also very good.

All in all, a good stay for a hotel that is about 3 weeks old. I will be back in about 6 months for my next trip to India and I will probably check in with them again to see how things are going :)

Room Tip: Stay away from balcony rooms until they can prove they have fixed the doors and eliminated the outdo...