“Discover the real Bangalore”

Travspire Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Bangalore Culture and Heritage Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 54 Tours in Bengaluru
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Bangalore offers authentic and offbeat tours in Bangalore or Bengaluru city. These tours are experiential in nature and curated carefully by our team. We explore various themes such as Classical History, Architecture, Cuisine and Culture related to Bangalore City. In addition to Bangalore we also arrange day trips to Mysore, Belur & Halebid and other interesting destinations in the area.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Discover the real Bangalore”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had been living in Bangalore for about four years when I went on this tour with Travspire. I felt a bit guilty about how little I knew of its history and of the amazingness around me after going on this tour.

I was able to learn about the origins of the city, its rulers, and visit historical landmarks. We visited a bustling market and flower market, which were different than my prior experiences of visiting markets as the guide gave context and was even able to engage with and have conversations with local vendors. Lots of colors and photo ops!

The guide also took us to an amazing hole-in-the-wall dosa place which was simply delicious.

Easily some of the best time I've spent in Bangalore and so much value for just half of a day. Most of all, it opened my eyes to the deep history and bustling activity going on daily - it gave me new perspective to the place I called "home".

Would definitely recommend to visitors and long-time residents alike!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rajan P

• Czech first
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tour of Bangalore with knowledgable and passionate guide”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went with Transpire on a tour of Bangalore's flower market, main market area, fort and Sultan's Palace.

The tour goes through one of the oldest parts of Bangalore including the place the city was originally founded. The area is vibrant and bustling, a whole warren of little side streets filled with shops and markets.

We stopped for dosas and idlis at a fantastic little restaurant tucked away down an alleyway. Just the kind of local place you would never find on your own. The dosa I had was worth the airfare to India on its own - absolutely stunning.

Next stop on the tour was the flower market which is a unique place, colours everywhere, fragrant smells everywhere, I couldn't put my camera down. The tour concluded with a tour of the fort and Sultan's palace - two of the oldest and most important buildings in Bangalore

The Travspire guide was excellent. Effortlessly knowledgeable about Bangalore history and culture, his passion was obvious and infectious. Also very friendly and affable. I will forever be indebted to him for finding that dosa for me...

Couldn't recommend a better way to spend half a day in Bangalore.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Jerry R
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An enriching and rewarding travel experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A friend and I went on several Travspire adventures during my friend's first trip to India. The outdoor adventures were well beyond anything I could have planned on my own -- we biked through rural villages at sunset, kayaked through backwaters to the soundtrack of a vibrant community's early morning music, met aspiring fashion designers over cups of chai. Travspire's team comes with a vision for what rewarding and enriching travel should be like and executes the vision beautifully.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“See a new side of Bangalore”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I used Travspire to go on a walking tour of Bangalore's historic city market. After living in Bangalore for several months, I saw a completely new side of the city that I never would have known about. My guide took me and a friend through the famous morning flower market (Google pictures of it -- It's definitely worth checking out), Tipu Sultan's palace, and the ancient walls of Bangalore's fort. We also stopped for the most delicious dosa I have had anywhere in India.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“a great morning at the markets”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

"Doing a tour with Travspire gave us the most authentic experience we have had yet in India. Arjun took us to a locals only breakfast spot before exploring the awesome fruit, flower and spice markets of the city. It was so nice to see the city like a local and learn some of its history while walking with what felt like an old friend!"

Visited October 2012