“Excellent.Keep it up!”
Review of Ocean Hotel

Ocean Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru
Ocean Hotel
Ranked #539 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Kolar, India
“Excellent.Keep it up!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

They really provide a good service at affordable rate. being located in center of Koramangala ,it was very convenient for us to move to the office as well as for shopping.but we were not able to get few more rooms for our people, as the rooms were full.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Ocean Inn is one of the beautiful hotel I have visisted in and around Koramangala, HSR Layout, Electronic city. Location is well connected to all the locations which I had business trips to. Had a confortable rest in the a/c room without any disturbanace. Staff were really helpful and arranged the complementary breakfast in time before my office trip. I also could work in the night because of free Wifi provided.
I had booked the room through MakeMytrip and I was treated by the staff as their own booking. Also had dinner in the night in the attached Euro continental restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms get sunlight and all rooms are air conditioned.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed January 16, 2014

No hot water, AC didnt work, TV didnt work, and when I asked, I was told that the reception always keeps it switched off (they have the central control there), for cost cutting!!! And that they dont switch it on unless the guest specifically requests for it.

They say, '24 hours' reception, I had informed them the previous night that I am arriving at 5 AM. When I got there, I had difficulty finding the place because there was no light, or visible board. Finally we found the tiny board and then took another 10 minutes to find the buzzer in the dark there. When I mean no light, there is absolutely no light there! Then, when we had buzzed and yelled through the door gaps for about 45 minutes, a sleepy old watchman came and opened. Then we went up to the "reception" to wake up the half-dressed reception guy to check us into the hotel.

The hotel is on the first floor, and only the entrance is on the ground floor, so anyone arriving at night will have a problem waking them up!

None of the people working there speak English, and the manager (there was one Punniyakodi, and there was another guy on the phone also, both of them are the same kind of people) is an absolute dog. That nasty fellow not only overcharges behind your back, but also has the guts to talk rudely to you and even abuse you, not withstanding the fact that you are a woman.

He threatened us by saying he will call the police when we fought with him over overcharging, and when we said, 'Ok, you call the police, we will call all our 200 office staff', he backed down to abusing us and talking rudely. Finally, I threw the money on his face saying I am just going to consider it money thrown to a beggar on the street and came out.

This is one place that really needs to be pulled down!

Room Tip: Seriously be careful. There are a lot of other good hotels there at this tariff. New hotels of this...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ReviewerMe

Travelers are raving about these Bengaluru hotels

Chennai
Reviewed June 3, 2013

1. Room was not allocated for 1:30 hours even though I booked online and paid 100% advance payment online.
2. We were made to wait 1:30 hours without any chairs to sit.
3. Behaviour of Hotel people is very rude and impolite.
4. They overcharged INR 200 unnecessarily and had to call Cleartrip to intervene.
5. Pathetic Room Service, No food available whatsover after 10am, even if we are ready to pay for the food.
Final Verdict - Extremely Poor Service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Balaji P