“World Class Service”

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #6 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I just finished a great stay at the Bengaluru Marriott in Whitefield. This hotel is truly world-class. I can't say enough about the service. Every single employee was very courteous and very attentive to all of my needs. The room was very comfortable and the food was outstanding.

Stayed: July 2014
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time you have put in to share your feedback with us.

It gives me immense pleasure to learn that your experience at the hotel was a pleasant one and I hope to see you again on your next visit to Bengaluru.

There are newer reviews for Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Tried this hotel for a change from my regular digs. Pleasantly surprised. Clean, large rooms, staff very friendly and helpful. Good value for money. Handy mall next door, if you need to spend some rupees. Better value than other hotels in same vicinity. Will come back again on next visit.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Davrel,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield on your last visit to Bengaluru. I am extremely satisfied to hear that your stay at the hotel was a pleasant one.

I sincerely hope that you would continue to choose our hotel in your future visits to Benglauru.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Siddharth Verma

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Staying in India for the first time I was very wary because of the reputation of health fears. Travelling I was want clean rooms and bathrooms as well as the hotel public areas - however straight away you can see the hotel in every details meets this exceptional level.
OK the experience wasn't perfect - although I paid for an upgrade to use the Executive Lounge I didn't receive an upgraded room because there was none free. I also asked for an extended check-out time but reception never came back to me... so in any other hotel I would have been dissatisfied but the overall the hotel and comfort make it difficult not to give full stars.
The breakfast was beautiful - staff very pleasant. I ordered room service and the food was good.
The lounge was great - very useful for working and have some business meetings in... the food there was very good... the beers were great as well in the evening.
The deluxe room was very nice and comfortable. The shower is amazing!! So goodness knows how good the upgraded executive rooms are.
Security is the norm with cars being inspected as the enter the complex, as well as bags being inspected as you enter in airport style detectors (although a bomb could be left in the car next to the driver and this wouldn't be picked up?? As the engine and boot is inspected...???). The security team and dog are very polite and do put mind at ease.
I was happy to come home at the end of my business trip but I still did enjoy my stay at the hotel.. if I have to come back again then I would look to use the same hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid the sound of the usual car horns!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Basisboy,
Fantastic to hear that you felt the hotel was exceptional in many ways. I am sorry we didn’t get back to you regarding the late check-out and that all our suites were occupied, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. The safety and security of our guests and associates is of paramount importance to us and we take this area very seriously, in one of the regular tests that we recently completed our specially trained dogs identified a suspicious item in the front passenger seat.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here as we were transitioning out of India. Room was good size, bed was very comfortable. Executive lounge had amazing offerings. Staff is very attentive. From the GM to waiter taking orders, all are there to make your stay comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are traveling for business, stay in the executive floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Travelforfun86,
I hope the move back to Boston has been a success! Thank you for your lovely comments and I do hope you will be back soon to see all your many friends.
The Bengaluru community misses you.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the hotel for business and I can honestly say that I have found a home away from home. Travelling for business is hard enough and ending up in hotels that are sterile and unfriendly seems to be the norm. This is not the case with the Marriot. The rooms are great, the staff is exceptional and the management go out of their way to make sure that we have everything you need and make you feel welcome. I’ve stayed at a number of Marriott hotels across the region but this one is my favorite. A big thank you to the hotel staff and the management. Great job. I need to mention one more important thing. Alto Vino is an Italian style restaurant in the hotel. Seriously do yourself a favor and have a meal in this restaurant. The food is exceptional. I’m from Melbourne and we have some fine restaurants but I would buy an airline ticket and fly to India just to eat the food at Alto Vino. In my mind the Marriott Bangalore is a gem in the companies crown.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pradoboy67

Dear Pradaboy67,
Wow, it really is special to receive such brilliant feedback. I am delighted that we have become your home away from home in Bengaluru. Your right, Chef Alfonso and the Alto Vino team create some amazing dishes that we keep on hearing rave reviews about.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My first stay here at the recommendation of a local colleague. Normally I stay at Palm Meadows.

A nice surprise. Room was very pleasant. Quiet, clean, well appointed and styled room with a comfortable bed. Black out drapes bleed a bit too much light in early morning, but that is the only pick I can think of. Channel selection was just ok. Would like to have seen some more western channel choices aside from BBC, as the news channels are just too India centric. The English language channel "Russia Today" was an interesting but odd inclusion offering a daily dose of Putinesque doctrine. Maybe CNN or MSNBC would be more informative to the clientele?

Amenities were great. Business center, fitness center, and transfers to and from airport and work (extremely efficient and convenient). M bar, M cafe were all top notch. Sunday brunch at M Cafe was "just" good compared to what I recall at Leela Palace - far better and more extensive. Alto Vino, despite a warm, relaxed atmosphere, seemed a bit amateurish in execution as the mixed green salad was literally all green and when they finally brought me the bill, it was not in a leather folio but on a 250 page cookbook entitled "Easy Italian Recipes" - I am not kidding - I should have taken a picture. I was going to look for my salad in there but chose to just pay and leave. I did not come back during my week stay.

Overall, a welcome oasis in a country where it is not easy for visiting westerners to find familiarity in food, culture and comfort. I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to write this review and share your feedback.

It gives me immense pleasure to learn that your stay at the hotel was a pleasant one. I shall definitely look into your feedback regarding the television channels and we shall try optimizing the list further.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having transferred from Mumbai to Bangalore, there was an efficient car waiting for me to take me to this hotel.
First impressions were of a good, clean hotel, not on the same scale as others, but this one is vertical rather than horizontal.
I was on the 17th floor, two floors above the exec lounge. Special praise to Kim who looked after us after long days working and then more working in the Lounge. He is an asset - look after him!

The pool was cold but welcoming - the only problem being that it is shaded from the sun in the afternoon by the hotel. I didn't really have any service requirement at the pool as work got in the way. Two hours in the morning was a good chill out on the day beds.

The main bar was a little sterile as you would expect in a business hotel with the World Cup on, but the staff were attentive and responsive.

The breakfast was fantastic, mango smoothies were fab, and the staff again pre-empted your requirements...!

Checkout was good and accurate, with the front desk polite and efficient. A slight issue was that I ordered a bottle of red from the exec lounge and there was some confusion when I returned it as I didn't have the time to sample it, even after repeated conversations I was questioned about it at 4am!

All in all it was a good, relaxing base, with all your requirements to hand, aswell as the InOrbit shopping mall that was accessible through the conference suite. (Converse shop has Hi and Lo for approx £15GBP).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Pat M,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Marriott Bengaluru Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this great feedback of your experience at the hotel.

It gives me immense satisfaction to hear that your stay at the hotel was a pleasant one and we hope to continue serving in every possible occasion.

Look forward too seeing you soon.