“What a place to stay, WOW!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield

Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
Ranked #9 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
Melbourne, Australia
“What a place to stay, WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the hotel for business and I can honestly say that I have found a home away from home. Travelling for business is hard enough and ending up in hotels that are sterile and unfriendly seems to be the norm. This is not the case with the Marriot. The rooms are great, the staff is exceptional and the management go out of their way to make sure that we have everything you need and make you feel welcome. I’ve stayed at a number of Marriott hotels across the region but this one is my favorite. A big thank you to the hotel staff and the management. Great job. I need to mention one more important thing. Alto Vino is an Italian style restaurant in the hotel. Seriously do yourself a favor and have a meal in this restaurant. The food is exceptional. I’m from Melbourne and we have some fine restaurants but I would buy an airline ticket and fly to India just to eat the food at Alto Vino. In my mind the Marriott Bangalore is a gem in the companies crown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pradoboy67
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Pradaboy67,
Wow, it really is special to receive such brilliant feedback. I am delighted that we have become your home away from home in Bengaluru. Your right, Chef Alfonso and the Alto Vino team create some amazing dishes that we keep on hearing rave reviews about.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon
Nick Dumbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My first stay here at the recommendation of a local colleague. Normally I stay at Palm Meadows.

A nice surprise. Room was very pleasant. Quiet, clean, well appointed and styled room with a comfortable bed. Black out drapes bleed a bit too much light in early morning, but that is the only pick I can think of. Channel selection was just ok. Would like to have seen some more western channel choices aside from BBC, as the news channels are just too India centric. The English language channel "Russia Today" was an interesting but odd inclusion offering a daily dose of Putinesque doctrine. Maybe CNN or MSNBC would be more informative to the clientele?

Amenities were great. Business center, fitness center, and transfers to and from airport and work (extremely efficient and convenient). M bar, M cafe were all top notch. Sunday brunch at M Cafe was "just" good compared to what I recall at Leela Palace - far better and more extensive. Alto Vino, despite a warm, relaxed atmosphere, seemed a bit amateurish in execution as the mixed green salad was literally all green and when they finally brought me the bill, it was not in a leather folio but on a 250 page cookbook entitled "Easy Italian Recipes" - I am not kidding - I should have taken a picture. I was going to look for my salad in there but chose to just pay and leave. I did not come back during my week stay.

Overall, a welcome oasis in a country where it is not easy for visiting westerners to find familiarity in food, culture and comfort. I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to write this review and share your feedback.

It gives me immense pleasure to learn that your stay at the hotel was a pleasant one. I shall definitely look into your feedback regarding the television channels and we shall try optimizing the list further.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Warm Regards,
Billericay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having transferred from Mumbai to Bangalore, there was an efficient car waiting for me to take me to this hotel.
First impressions were of a good, clean hotel, not on the same scale as others, but this one is vertical rather than horizontal.
I was on the 17th floor, two floors above the exec lounge. Special praise to Kim who looked after us after long days working and then more working in the Lounge. He is an asset - look after him!

The pool was cold but welcoming - the only problem being that it is shaded from the sun in the afternoon by the hotel. I didn't really have any service requirement at the pool as work got in the way. Two hours in the morning was a good chill out on the day beds.

The main bar was a little sterile as you would expect in a business hotel with the World Cup on, but the staff were attentive and responsive.

The breakfast was fantastic, mango smoothies were fab, and the staff again pre-empted your requirements...!

Checkout was good and accurate, with the front desk polite and efficient. A slight issue was that I ordered a bottle of red from the exec lounge and there was some confusion when I returned it as I didn't have the time to sample it, even after repeated conversations I was questioned about it at 4am!

All in all it was a good, relaxing base, with all your requirements to hand, aswell as the InOrbit shopping mall that was accessible through the conference suite. (Converse shop has Hi and Lo for approx £15GBP).

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Pat M,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Marriott Bengaluru Whitefield. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have put in to share this great feedback of your experience at the hotel.

It gives me immense satisfaction to hear that your stay at the hotel was a pleasant one and we hope to continue serving in every possible occasion.

Look forward too seeing you soon.

Warm Regards,
Fostoria, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is the best Hotel in the area. I have stayed at the Grand Mecure, and while nice it is far from the quality that you receive at the Marriot.
I was fortunate enough to stay the first month they were open, which they only had part of the hotel open so the staff could be trained.
I'm finishing up my 4th stay there now (leave tomorrow) and I receive nothing but the best service. The staff remember me, brought a cake to me on my Birthday (previous visit) and the food is great. I consider it my bubble from the hectic life outside the compound.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear NJ Cost,

Thank you for your loyalty I am delighted to hear that you had another great stay with us and have recognized us as the best hotel in the area.

I hope you have a great trip home and hope to welcome you back very soon

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

To: Mr. Nicholas Dumbell, General Manager, Marriott Bangalore, Whitefield
From Mike M. Houston, TX

Dear Nick,

I wanted to thank you for the outstanding experience I had over my last 3 week visit. I've had the opportunity to stay with you approximately 40 days over the last year so I can honestly say with some authority that I always think to myself "It just can't get any better than this" but each time it does do that. Each new visit seems like coming home. Your staff is incredible. The sales staff, lead by Nandini, is so helpful. Your front desk is well staffed with people who will go out of their way to assist you in any way possible. Your restaurants are well staffed and the food is delightful. Your Alto Vino Italian Restaurant's food is delicious. Alfonso is an incredible chef that will cook for you to your satisfaction. The staff of Sous Chefs, Aakash and Rohen to name a couple, will always go out of their way to ensure your food is to your liking and have excellent suggestions when trying new dishes or treats. Ritushree, at the Alto Vino, has always been such a pleasant friend after a hard day of work. She is such an excellent waitress. Always attending to your needs. Varun, the Restaurant Manager and his assistant Manager, Shalini, seem to orchestrate it all seamlessly. There are so many staff members I appreciate at your hotel. Some of the things I've grown to love after a long day at the office is visiting the coffee shop/bakery and sitting at the counter and have a nice relaxing cup of coffee and sharing laughs with your staff there. Sushmita and Yuvi are so incredibly joyous in their work. Sushmita never fails to make you feel welcomed and is quick with a wonderful smile. There is always a laugh or two, or even three that always allows me to feel relaxed. Yuvi makes a great cup of coffee for sure. I have also enjoy many an evening heading to the Executive Lounge to relax and wind down from the day. Mr. Kim and the staff up there always make me feel very welcomed. I've also made many a friend at the lounge. Other business travelers working in the area and staying with you have been an added bonus to my stays. There have been many a hilarious night to be had by all up there. I could easily go on and on and on about your staff and hotel. All I can say is congratulations on a very fine hotel and a wonderful compliment of staff.

The only negative thing I feel I need to say about this last visit is a couple of times when visiting the Executive Lounge there were kids up there. The executive lounge should be an age appropriate setting. That's a place where business people should be able to go and get away from the grind of the day and relax. It should be restricted to adults (17 and above).There were a couple nights where it seemed like a children's day care center. There were kids running around tables and yelling and others playing board games almost yelling across the table to each other and their parents didn't even attempt to quiet them. Once a parent even left their child there for your staff to attend. I found it troubling both times and had to leave to seek a quieter environment to complete some work from the day. I say no kids in the exec lounge.

Other than those two days my stays have always be wonderful.

Again Nick, thank you. You have a wonderful hotel.

Regards,
Mike

Oh, I almost forgot, the golf course you had us playing on was breath taking. Thank you for that wonderful treat. I would highly suggest that course to any of your visitors. The rentals were good and the caddies very helpful. Cheers.

Room Tip: Leave the children at home.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mike,

I hope you had a goof flight home! Thank you for making our day at the hotel and sharing such lovely feedback about your stay. It is always wonderful when we can make personal connections with our guests and develop relationships that enable us to create a home-away from home. Thank you for highlighting some of our real stars who passionately try to make every guests experience brilliant.

We can’t wait to see you back again soon, hopefully with your wife next time.

All the best,

Bilaspur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had been here on 28 & 29 June to attend GreenTech Foundation HR award and Conference on Corporate governance.It's I suppose is the best place.Top grade security.Ambience World class,staffs cultured with values.Strongly recommend for Hi-Fi events.Reasonably priced.
S.Anand..Mahanadi Coalfiels-Most Cultured PSU

Dear Mr. Anand,

I am delighted to hear that you had a successful conference at our hotel last week. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed the service, facilities and security. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel at another conference or when visiting the Whitefield area.

Pune, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Had 2 days of great breakfast at the M Cafe. But at dinner, the service is all over the place. Extremely slow and inefficient. In case you have ordered anything specific from the many live counters, they test your patience. I finally got my hot roti when I was helping myself to desserts. Also, the refrigerator in which they had kept some of the desserts was not working! And nobody noticed. I noticed they had continued using the non working refrigerator the next day art breakfast too. Someone really was not concerned.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank AdvaitKurlekar
Nick D, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Kurlekar,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us last week. I am very sorry that you had a disappointing experience at dinner in the Mcafe on Thursday evening with delays to your special requests from the buffet.
As we pride ourselves on having an extremely high standard of hygiene and food preparation practices I was particularly concerned to read of your comments around the buffet display fridge. As soon as I saw your comments I personally went to check all the fridges in the Mcafe and found all to be in full working order with temperature check records not showing any discrepancies. Obviously as it is a display fridge it is possible that the door was left open by previous guests which may have slightly increased the temperature in the short-term. As I am sure you noticed as the fridges are display buffet fridges they do not hold any items for an extended period and are constantly being replenished with new desserts, juices etc throughout the service period.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future where I would be delighted to have dinner together and show you around our kitchens.