“Very luxurious stay”

Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #66 of 730 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for almost 2 months as part of Business travel. It is fantastic place to stay with all your luxuries taken care of. All the staff is extremely courteous - including the housekeeping, dining services and the front desk.
I just would like to give couple of feedback comments:
1. Its always good to give unlimited supply of drinking water to your customers.
2. the rooms facing inside (not road facing) do have poor cell phone reception for some service providers. (For me: Airtel was good, but Vodafone was not) See if that can be improved.

Room Tip: Check your cell phone reception when given a inside facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gaurav B
nairprashant, Front Office Manager at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Once again stayed at this property and this time for an extended period of 5 days. And once again the stay was more than happy. The extent to which the staff and management goes to ensure the comfort of the travellers is really amazing. Special mention to Reuben and Karthik at front desk to manage everything effortlessly, even to the extent of filling up for housekeeping and other departments because of shortage of staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ArpanD

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had a chance to stay here for around a month on my business visit to Bangalore. It was an amazing experience for me. The rooms are quiet spacious, friendly hospitality team and a gud restaurant with delicious food. Recommended for long stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gautam S

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a boutique hotel on the 4th to 8th floors in a mall. It has an unassuming front with a small entrance leading to the lifts witha a small cocierge and seating area. The recption lounge is on the 4th floor.The check in was swift and pleasant. the room was a pleasant surprise. You enter and walk into a lounge with art decor with a sofa, a couple od seats, and a center table with a TV. To one side is the kitchen area with a sink, counters, cabinets and a medium sized fridge. On the other side is a dressing area leading off to a small bed area. Overall the impression is a suite with open achitecture. There is a king sized bead with just enough space to move around it. The bathrooms in neither small nor largeand is crystal clean. There is a shower stall - bo tub. It takes a while for the water in the bathromm to flow hot. The bed has a firm spring mattress. with a very soft ??down quilt and a choices of large but very soft pollows. I slept like a baby all th four nights. There are electrical outlets on all walls and the lighting is soft but bright enough. Though there is a kitchen there are no utensils stove. There is an electric kettle with tea and coffee. The room has two air-cinditioning vents one in the bed area, and the other in the entrance/lounge area, both of which have temperature controls and I contols allowing me to set the room temperature comfortably. The cleaning service is excellent and every evening I came back to an absolutely clean room with everthing neatly arranged. Room service is slow but the food is excellent. I asked for and got a cheese platter (with 8 different kins of cheese). When I ordered a red snapper and it was not available, the chef rustled up a delectabl grilled pomfret. The room package included a buffet breakfast and buffet dinner, both os which had a reasonable selection of mediterranean, continental, chinese, and Indian dishes. The restaurant on the 4th floor is tastefully done up with a mix of low lounge sofas and chairs. The buffet lunch was equally good, and all three meals had a wide spread of deserts. The hotel was launched 6 months ago and seems to have been outfitted in a hurry. The "gym" is a room with an exercycle, a treadmill and dumbells. A borrowed an exercise mat from it and worked out in my room. There was no concierge but the security officer and any staff available helped carryn my things up to the room every day. My room ahd a glassed off window that overlooked the mall which was interesting.

Room Tip: As for a room with a mall view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank docgautham

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a discovery by chance for me, as the regular hotel where I normally stay was fully booked. What a lucky change it was. From the check-in to the stay and the check-out the experience was truly awesome and all that at a very affordable price. It's a just opened property in Bangalore outskirts, near the Electronic City and they offer just suites for stay. The entire experience is very discreet, top class and professional. The rooms are spacious as you expect suites to be, with a decent kitchen space, refrigerator and a living room area separated from the bedroom, squeaky clean and the staff manning the hotel are very hospitable and friendly. Special mention for front office manager Reuben, who helped us with a late check-out when we were stuck in the city because of a strike in the city. He extended the courtesy of enabling a late check-out and took care that we had no problem whatsoever in holding on to the room for as long as we desired. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Don't take the mall-facing rooms, just yet, because they don't have curtains installed in th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ArpanD

Reviewed September 3, 2012

No amount of good words I can say will do justice to this hotel and its staff. It was my first time in India, and my visit was a mix of business and leisure travel, so I had numerous additional requests, from sightseeing recommendations to chauffeured car arrangements to wired (as opposed to the provided wireless) Internet access. The staff handled everything perfectly; there was not one single question / request they did not have an answer/solution to. In addition, service was always provided with a smile and a friendly attitude that made my stay much more pleasant. Staff consistently went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that my stay is nothing short of excellent.

The suites are spacious, tastefully furnished, and sparkling clean - they were above my expectations in all aspects. The restaurant on the premises offers delicious food, outstanding service, and pleasant ambiance - even my Indian co-workers said the food was excellent.

I stayed there for 8 nights and I credit this hotel and its staff for the wonderful time I had on my first trip to India - if I travel to Bangalore again, whether for business or leisure, I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lv6ph

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our Skal group meeting for this month was held at this hotel. The location is a bit of a put off, but is well compensated by the lovely interiors and spacious rooms. The base category room is also laid out as a suite , about 700+ sft !!! Very tastefully done interiors .
The food was the highlight of the get together.. The starters set the tone - the chef's special chicken kabab, the paneer with wasabi sauce , the crab cakes, each one better than the other. The main course and the salads were also unusual. The desserts took the cake !!! the sheer variety of dishes offered was amazing. They even managed to make our humble Gulab jamun look and taste exotic !!
They had organised a live music session which was very good too.
There is valet parking .

Room Tip: The hotel is laid out with rooms either facing an inner view of a shopping mall ( you actually see i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends