“Best hotel in Bangalore”

Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #83 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Best hotel in Bangalore”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a discovery by chance for me, as the regular hotel where I normally stay was fully booked. What a lucky change it was. From the check-in to the stay and the check-out the experience was truly awesome and all that at a very affordable price. It's a just opened property in Bangalore outskirts, near the Electronic City and they offer just suites for stay. The entire experience is very discreet, top class and professional. The rooms are spacious as you expect suites to be, with a decent kitchen space, refrigerator and a living room area separated from the bedroom, squeaky clean and the staff manning the hotel are very hospitable and friendly. Special mention for front office manager Reuben, who helped us with a late check-out when we were stuck in the city because of a strike in the city. He extended the courtesy of enabling a late check-out and took care that we had no problem whatsoever in holding on to the room for as long as we desired. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Don't take the mall-facing rooms, just yet, because they don't have curtains installed in th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ArpanD
nairprashant, Front Office Manager at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2016

fom@davanamsarovarportico.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed September 3, 2012

No amount of good words I can say will do justice to this hotel and its staff. It was my first time in India, and my visit was a mix of business and leisure travel, so I had numerous additional requests, from sightseeing recommendations to chauffeured car arrangements to wired (as opposed to the provided wireless) Internet access. The staff handled everything perfectly; there was not one single question / request they did not have an answer/solution to. In addition, service was always provided with a smile and a friendly attitude that made my stay much more pleasant. Staff consistently went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that my stay is nothing short of excellent.

The suites are spacious, tastefully furnished, and sparkling clean - they were above my expectations in all aspects. The restaurant on the premises offers delicious food, outstanding service, and pleasant ambiance - even my Indian co-workers said the food was excellent.

I stayed there for 8 nights and I credit this hotel and its staff for the wonderful time I had on my first trip to India - if I travel to Bangalore again, whether for business or leisure, I would not stay anywhere else.

2 Thank lv6ph

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our Skal group meeting for this month was held at this hotel. The location is a bit of a put off, but is well compensated by the lovely interiors and spacious rooms. The base category room is also laid out as a suite , about 700+ sft !!! Very tastefully done interiors .
The food was the highlight of the get together.. The starters set the tone - the chef's special chicken kabab, the paneer with wasabi sauce , the crab cakes, each one better than the other. The main course and the salads were also unusual. The desserts took the cake !!! the sheer variety of dishes offered was amazing. They even managed to make our humble Gulab jamun look and taste exotic !!
They had organised a live music session which was very good too.
There is valet parking .

Room Tip: The hotel is laid out with rooms either facing an inner view of a shopping mall ( you actually see i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Girija C

Chennai
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been staying in a lot of hotels off late because of my business travelling. As past of this I just thought of trying this new property by Sarovar at Madiwala, Bangalore. I should admit this is the best property I have ever stayed in India till now (out of some 10-15 hotels).

They only have suites and I opted for the basic one which in itself would beat any premium rooms of any other hotel. And with what I was charged for this suite, I truly believe its the best.

I only have good words for this hotel, the room would have been approx 700 sqft in size with a small kitchen area, a small hall with an LCD TV and then a big bed room with again a personal LCD.

However I did not get a chance to taste the food other than the breakfast.

One single word for this property - SUPERB !!

3 Thank AjithNambiar

Cochin, Kerala, India
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A good property with excellent interiors and features situated in the centre of Madivala in Hosur main road.This new hotel is an All suit hotel with spacious rooms with separate kitchen area,sitting area, business area,spacious bed area, dressing area and a big bathroom area. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days during my business travel to Bangalore.
Their staff in the reception and in the restaurant area are well mannered and their service quality is above the normal of any average 4-5 star hotels in the city. Especially the personal interaction and supervision of their Restaurant Manager with a friendly tone will make every guest feel at home.
So I strongly recommend this hotel for any traveller to Bangalore with a budget more than INR 6K per night as it is worth of the penny you pays.

2 Thank SameerNaduviladuth

mUMABI
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was my first stay at Davanam Sarovar Hotel Bangalore--, when I entered the room I was thrilled by the room size.
This hotel is well-kept, well-appointed staff. From start to end I had an excellent stay. There were little small things the hotel staff did here and there to make you feel warm welcome; I can't say enough about the entire staff and the quality of service at Davanam Sarovar.
Specially the reception staff are excellent.

The rooms are nicely-furnished. The bed, honestly, is more comfortable than my bed at home--and I'm very picky when it comes to my sleeping habits. I would venture to say that the bed is the most comfortable bed in the world. I've slept in enough places to say that confidently. And the shower--wow! I LOVE the showers here--they have a wand option and also a rainfall option, with perfect water pressure.

The food is also fantastic. Their Indian dishes are delicious, but their global fare is also fantastic. Everything is presented beautifully--truly gourmet preparations and high-quality ingredients.

If you are traveling to Bangalore for business (as is my case) OR for pleasure, I strongly recommend that you consider Davanam Sarovar as your place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Bangalore for business (as is my case) OR for pleasure, I strongly recommend...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank vinod S

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Its a very excellent property with a big rooms,it is mend for a long stayer with a living area, dressing area as well as Kitchen. I stayed for two weeks and it was business trip.

When i was travelling to Bangalore from Hyderabad i was in a thought how this property must be as my facility manager told me its a new build property and as this was my business trip i didn't wanted to take much risk of interruption while working.

The staff were so great that all my worries turned into a comfortable stay, they provided me a wi fi complimentary which made my stay at ease part.
They have got the huge variety in their buffet and it is affordable instead of in room dining.

Thanks i love to come back and stay.

Room Tip: Big suite rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business