“By far the most atmospheric coffee shop I've been to.”
Review of Matteo Coffea

Matteo Coffea
Ranked #2 of 237 Coffee & Tea in Bengaluru
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: MG Road
Reviewed November 2, 2014

Being from the Seattle area, I naturally have Starbucks in my blood. After flying into Bangalore, I was so culture shocked that I need to find coffee, ASAP. I found this place instead. And it's absolutely amazing. The prices are excellent and the location is within walking distance to great shops, the cinema, and the bus transit station. The WiFi is free and fast and the decor is, well, I don't even know how to describe it. It felt like a mix between royal and hip with the pop music playing lightly in the background. I frequent coffee shops quite a bit, but this has been my favorite so far. You feel 10 times cooler just by walking inside. Food was pretty good too, but the coffee and incredible atmosphere is where it shines. Great place to meet fellow travelers as well (when it's busy).

Date of visit: November 2014

Reviewed October 12, 2014

Visited Matteo Coffea on a recent trip to Bangalore. As a mumbaikar, we are not starved for cafe choices but its interesting to check new places out. We visited Matteo Caffea twice during our stay in Bangalore.

The cafe has a hip (almost lounge like / snooker parlor feel) to it and very comfortable seating. Sufficient differentiation so its not 'just another cafe'. They have a wide menu, although i must say that the coffee selection is not as wide. In Mumbai, you can get a columbian de-caf with soy milk or a french roast espresso. Such selections or options to choose are missing.

That being said, the Shekerato (could not understand the science behind the terminology other than as a differentiating mechanism) is quite good without being too sweet or desert like. The cappuccino on the other hand was mild and lacking the caffeine kick that i would have preferred.

Good place, but I have visited better cafe's in Mumbai. If you visit Mumbai, try Bru World Cafe instead (not sure if one exists in Bangalore).

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank Rishabh S
Reviewed September 25, 2014

After all the CCDs and Starbucks and Baristas etc. one can genuinely say that Matteo is head and shoulders above the rest. The ambiance is relaxing, the staff attentive and the coffee is awesome!

I loved the food as well, good quality and fresh. I will go again, and recommend this as a great casual hang out place.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed September 15, 2014

I am not a coffee drinker, and I am not at all a big fan of Starbucks or Cafe Coffee Day, but this place has the best drinks ever!!! 6 years back when I first came here, I had the caramel latte and it was the best ever, and yesterday I had the choco brownie shake and I melted. Damn!! They sure know how to make their drinks!!! Seriously its a worthy place to spend your money!!!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The ambience is pleasant, the menu has limited but good options, and it's not very noisy so it's a good place to catch up with friends. The coffee is good and their baked goods and pastas are yum.

Date of visit: August 2014