“Such a quiet place and friendly people”
Review of Mass Residency

Mass Residency
Mass Residency
Ranked #2 of 605 Bengaluru B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is one of those places were you can recomend to a friend. The two brothers who run this BB are very friendly and willing to show you their culture. Please, listen what they offer you to eat, you will not regret (but remember to ask the prices before you order). Could be a bit hard to find, but if you call in advance Syed can go and pick you up.
Do not hesitate to stay here. John and Javiera

Room Tip: No tips. All rooms are nice. AC is not included in the price
1  Thank jbackhouse

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sid and Shakir are definitely the nicest hosts I have ever met during my travels - and they introduced me to delicious Indian breakfast. Since I stayed with them, Masala Dosa is my best start in the day - but for those who don't get addicted, Western breakfast is taken care of. The room was spatious and spotless, and the common facilities were a place to feel at home. Sid and Shakir showed us around in the city for a whole day, we went bowling together and finished the day in a rooftop restaurant - a blast! I would recommend staying at Mass Residency to anyone and hope to come back soon!

1  Thank Annika1848
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We Stayed with these guys about 4 years ago at the very start of our 2 month trip around India. They were the most amazing hosts i have ever had any where in the world. Warm, Kind and generous. The place itself is absolutely lovely. AMAZING

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jakethink
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in Bangalore for several weeks earlier this year. Initially I thought I'd stay a few days at Mass Residency to get my bearings; I ended up staying for my whole trip as I felt so welcomed and at home. The location is not exactly central to the center of the city, but it is directly next to nice green park full of middle-class neighbors exercising and socializing in the mornings and evenings. It is also close to the bus route that goes to MG Road, and is a five minute walk to a department store, movie theater, bookstore, western cafes, coffee, and great (affordable) South Indian food. Actually those are just a few of the nearby amenities.

Both the rooms and common spaces are clean, and the staff are super friendly and incredibly helpful. My only drawback is that Bangalore traffic meant that a lot of the meetings I had while there took at least an hour (and more often two) to get to. Still, I felt this was balanced by lower key feel of the surrounding neighborhood.

On the whole I'd definitely recommend Mass Residency! It isn't luxury accommodation, but it is comfortable and a reasonable value for what it is. Plus, it feels like staying in a home while still having your own space and privacy, a perfect combination.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter, but ground level wi-fi doesn't reach. It's a trade off.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Best people and best hostel i stayed at in my whole trip in India. Helpful, informative, friendly and clean. Great rooms and comfortable beds. Also took me on a great tour around bangalore on my first night there - samples the food and got a great idea of where everything was and how toget around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Bangalore was our first stop in India and we could not have had a better introduction to the country. The rooms are basic but clean but it is the atmosphere that really makes a difference. Sid and Shakir are extremely welcoming and make you feel like you are staying with friends in their house, rather than just a hotel room. They had great suggestions of things to do in the city, and really helped us make the most of the short time we had there. We moved on to some other parts of the country, but decided to stay with them again just before our flight home. I would highly recommend staying here. Making friends in the country makes travelling about seem so much easier and we felt that we could always talk to them if we ever needed help with anything.

1  Thank Silberston
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Mass Residency for a week and a half while traveling in India as an author, and I had a very warm and welcoming stay. The hospitality is really top notch. This became apparent to me when I arrived late at night and was immediately offered warm food and drink by one of the proprietors who had stayed up for this task. You will be hard pressed to find service like that at most places -- even fine hotels.

The rooms are cleaned every day by diligent and nice staff -- so 5 stars for cleanliness. The bed was pretty comfortable with two window access to the outdoors, which I appreciated.

The proprietors definitely stand out as some of the best I have ever had -- if not the best. They greeted me when I first arrived and made sure my breakfast -- which is served individually by staff the owners employ full-time -- was ready at my convenience at any time in the morning. They would come by at night to know what time I wanted breakfast in the morning -- very much appreciated that. One even went so far as to spend 2 hours walking me around the town and pointing out the best places to eat (and not to eat).

I highly recommend Mass Residency -- a home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo