“INTERVAL EXCHANGE”

Golden Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #126 of 695 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed July 23, 2013

we exchanged via interval international into this resort from 12-19july 2013 and i need to say that while the service is excellent and the complimentary fruit, biscuits and choclate are a nice touch, i would not stay at this hotel again and this is why:
it is overrun by corporate event, which are very noisy and have parties until very late. we recorded 80 decibel in the room on wednesday after a long day out. but more importantly, this resort is in the middle of absolutely nowhere and is at best a corporate retreat, rather than a gateway to experience india. while you can hire a driver for the day at 2500rupee (tourist rate) for 80km and 8 hours, you will really need to do your homework and plan ahead to get the best out of this service. but more importantly, is the fact that there is no atmosphere in the evening, no markets to expore, no options but to eat on site (the italian and chinese offer best value, cafe solitaire is overpriced), leaving you feel isolated. there is also no convenience store on site, despite the interval exchange cert advise. if you are staying for the day, breakfast will set you back 651 rupee pppd and lunch and dinner both at 1248 rupee pppd. this will quickly mount up and is best avoided. be purchased some cereal and milk, fruitjuice on a day out and stocked the fridge with soft drinks bought in town and just ate dinner at one of the franchises on site. however, on 3 days we were not able to access the italian restaurant because of corporate event and had no options at all. this was extremely disppointing. i would not recommend this hotel, as the location is simply too isolated.

Room Tip: all rooms are facing the pool, opt for a room as far away from the main building as possible to esca...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rika p
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa !

At Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence. I am happy to note that you liked our services & room amenities.

As a big hotel, like any commercial organization, we endeavor to provide all our services to many clients. Likewise we also customize our services, driving exclusivity, as & when services are accordingly valued & paid. It is unfortunate that we could not meet your expectation . Some people look for solitude while some like to let their hair down to have lots of fun. We try to cater to all segments of the market. I hope you will treat this incident in isolation & it will not affect your patronage towards The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa.

It is our constant endeavor to provide all kind of facility & hospitality to our guests. Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your trip personally.

Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to this place with 100 colleagues of my company for 2 days conference. I checked in there on 12th July and checked out on 14th July. My stay there was very very good. I stayed in room no 181 which is close to the swimming pool on the ground floor. The rooms there are spacious with LED TV and very well lighted. The toilets are well maintained and the toilet accessories were of good quality. The breakfast had very large spread and the sitting areas are very relaxing by the side of the pool or facing the garden. The lunch and dinner have again wide choice of menu and you would definitely like the taste. The hotel people are very helpful and quite fast in offering you the service. The conference facilites are good and each room is fitted with Wifi and good sound system. Their convention centre is really big and can accomodate 1500 guests.
Now,let me tell you about the pluses of this resort. The resort has a spanish touch with tall towers with the touch of wood .The sprawling lawns , lagoon and waterfalls . the vast and maintained swimming pool , the well pebbled meandering roads, the two story building blocks by the side of the roads , the coconut trees with falling coconuts, hundreds and thousands (they say 74000 ) exquisite plans in natural surroundings will provide you the right frame to relax. They have a 75000 sq ft Spa and a fantastic Gym. The sports area has badminton and tennis court.The steam and Sauna facility was complimentary for us. They have 150 rooms including Presidential suites , two bars and 4 restaurants.Studio lounge bar is really big and very nicely presented with wood logs and artificial tree branches at the corner with BOSE speaker systems for sheer audio pleasure. The Awadhi cuisine is excellent there . Cafe solitaire is the 24 hr restaurant by the side of the pool and is really nice place to chill out with your shorts and tees on. This place is ideal for large get togethers, seminars and conferences and marriage. Even for the Days out or week end stays , I find it to be a beautiful place. You can reach their Sales manager Vikas at (91-80) 23712222 ( 8 lines ) or e-mail : wrl@goldenpalmshotel.com.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to swimming pool are good. Choose between room 181- 190.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank saugata
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Greetings from The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Bangalore!

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback & explaining about the hotel so professionally. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, food and services & we are glad that you had a wonderful experience.

We, at The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, take pride in our service standards, and your feedback is indeed a reflection of my team's commitment towards Customer services.

The Team here strives to ensure that genuine care is taken of the guest at every step and I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us specially the food spread.

At The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa Bangalore, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward welcoming you once again to The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Bangalore.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is my second stay in Golden Palm. This property has more than 150+ rooms. Property is showing signs of aging though room interiors are painted. This is preferred location to host events for Corporate s as property has more number rooms compared to others resorts around Bangalore. This has it’s own disadvantages for the other guests who want spend quite week end.
Avoid this place on weekends as many IT companies do day outing. I had seen atleast 4-5 companies on hosting events (outdoor events & as well as seminars )They do outdoor activity with mike which disturbs other people. You feel as though you are in market. Last time, I was allotted room on corner of property where trucks came for loading /unloading, I could not sleep properly. I have yell to those truck people
This time I was allotted room, which has door to next room. (It was permanently locked, however I could noise from other room ). My next room was allotted to some DJ team who was hosting party there. I was able make out they are event organizers by looking at equipment they were carrying. After party was over (around midnight ), that they came back started talking loudly , smoking, drinking …etc. We didn’t get sleep for entire night. Smoke was entering our room. Hotel management was serving food at that odd time. It was very horrible.
Morning, I had to keep my balcony door completely open. Still smoke was there. My TV was not working. It was showing “no signal” I called them twice, waited for 30 minutes, nobody turned up.
There is no open (grass play area) for kids. Food was average. Lunch is server around 1 PM. The Yogurt/ sprout kept breakfast was old stuff. It was smelling like anything.

Bottom-line: Don’t spend so much to spoil your sleep. They can give any kind of room just to accommodate people. Since most of guests are from coporates, you will see all quality of people.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms employee quarters/restaurants, avoid rooms with door locked (you will get noise/smoke f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rrblrtraveler
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa !

At Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence. We have viewed your comments with concern and while we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards. We would like to assure you that your feedback is being addressed to immediately with our Chef & Maintenance department. May we also request you to kindly share your contact details so we can get in touch with you. We would like to assure you that at our hotel, all stringent food safety measures are taken and the food goes through various quality control checks regularly to ensure highest level of standards are met at all times.

As a big hotel, like any commercial organization, we endeavor to provide all our services to many clients. Likewise we also customize our services, driving exclusivity, as & when services are accordingly valued & paid. It is however unfortunate that your experience fell way short of your expectations. I hope you will treat this incident in isolation & it will not affect your patronage towards The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been to his place for multiple office outing. For complete day activity we pay lots of money to these guys and what we get in turn is horrible experience of standing in queue for each and every activity.
They never say for booking for a particular day even if it is 13-15th group for same day. they have very limited facility and hardly care about experience of customer. For a team outing, if i need to wait for 1 hr to play badminton or fuzzball, nothing can be irritated than this.
They should have common sense of inviting limited groups with their limited facilities.
Although food is good here, I will hardly suggest this place to anyone for outing. because food is not what makes my day.
We were not able to find any place to sit and relax even. it was so crowded like a unorganized mela.:(

Room Tip: Do't think of going for team outing here as you might see 15-20 other teams from different compa...
2  Thank gupta_keshav
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa for your outing.

At Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence. I am personally addressing all the points with concerned department to ensure each of our visiting clients will have a memorable experience..

As a big hotel, like any commercial organization , we endeavor to provide all our services to many clients . Like wise we also customize our services , driving exclusivity , as & when services are accordingly valued & paid. It is however unfortunate that your experience fell way short of your expectations .Through this mail I wish to state that let this one off incident not be a yard stick of measure on the capability of operations of Golden Palms .

It is our constant endeavor to provide all kind of facility & hospitality to our guests. I am happy to note that you liked our food.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I spent a whole week at this place for a residential program.
this was my second visit to this place, the earlier one being almost 8 years ago.
the place has been maintained very well. it is clean and the staff are very courteous.
the restaurant had a good spread for breakfast as well as dinner.
the pool was hardly used.
over the weekend, saw families also visiting and spending the day here.
overall, i would recommend this place for a peaceful getaway, that is close to the city.

Room Tip: first floor rooms have a balcony. on the ground floor, the balcony opens out into the lawn
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Greetings from The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Bangalore!

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, food and services & we are glad that you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We happened to visit Golden Palms in short notice, it was just a casual team get together while I was at Intel. We all just took a long drive to and had a pleasant day. It was written on boards as this resort has Asia's Biggest Swimming Pool not sure about the fact but this pool is huge and big. I am a average swimmer but couldn't complete one full stretch in single go. Food is average but Spa is awesome. After 4-5 hours of swim I got nice SPA (complete body) and nice dinner. When returned to bed it was too relaxing. Far away from the city limits but worth a drive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NasirBNG

Greetings from The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, Bangalore!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding our Spa & Pool. At The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence.

We have noted your views regarding food, which will be shared with appropriate authorities.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

At first glance this is a great place, but once you stay there the problems show up. For a start, it rained and getting from the room to the reception meant a hell-for-leather run. The umbrellas were conspicuous by their absence. Of course, you could call the reception and ask for one of those buggies, but it takes time

The room is large, but not cosy, and somewhat unfriendly. The bathroom shower will test your engineering skills to get the right temperature

the cupboards are musty, and the television temperamental

Above all the breakfast buffet was quite ordinary, after my morning jog, I was ravenous. Of course I learnt the conventional Bangalore sambar was different from the Madras sambar, although none of the waiters present could tell me the exact difference between the two!
room service is very slow and housekeeping took ages to fix my televisionn

Lastly, there is no shopping arcade for utlities - chargers, batteries and the like and since the place is miles away from anywhere, you feel a little lost

the roads leading to the resort are so potholed that your teeth may fall out!

1  Thank rameshhariharan
Swaroop M, General Manager at Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa !

Thank you for sparing time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am distressed to note that we were unable to provide you with a memorable experience and offer my sincere apologies for the lapse. Very soon the approach road will become 80 feet road & the work for the same has already started, so all our guest will not have inconvenience while driving through approach road.

At The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence. I am personally addressing all the points with concerned staff that are mentioned by you.

Please do give us another opportunity as I am confident you will have a brilliant stay with us.

Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Warm regards,