“A soothing getaway from work!”

Golden Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #127 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After a tiring week at office, you feel like relaxing...
Add to it some reason to celebrate, to get pampered...
Then "Golden Palms" offers you the best!

The pool is huge and lovely, its great to even lounge around at night!
It has neat and clean changing rooms if you give in to its invitations...

There are lots of choices for food. We only went to the multicuisine Cafe Solaire, so can't comment much!
We enjoyed the food at cafe Solaire!!

All in all a wonderful getaway from work :D

Room Tip: We choose a deluxe suite and felt really pampered - with our own living room and a huge bathroom wit...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
21  Thank Shefali S

Reviewed November 26, 2012

In fact, there were a few times where I would say the staff was paying a bit TOO much attention. We were there when there weren't many people around, so we were the only ones eating in the Chinese restaurant...every time we ate there, for example. The server was VERY attentive, and very polite. It just felt a little awkward eating with somebody standing there watching your every bite to make sure you had enough food on your plate. I take large bites and that meant he felt like he had to come over every 4 bites to put more food on my plate. Perhaps wealthy Indian people enjoy this, but for me it was a little bit over the top. The guy couldn't be any more nice and helpful, though...and the food at this place (the Hidden Dragon) was VERY good.

Other than that, for the most part, the property is beautiful. The rooms were very clean, and the service across the board was just phenomenal. We had the "all you can eat/drink (including beer)" Foster's Sunday BBQ buffet and it was awesome. A huge spread with quality ingredients, many of which were made to order for you on the spot! Definitely the most expensive meal we've had in India, but we got our money's worth! The other buffets we had were just OK.

The Internet here was the best on our whole trip to India. Very fast and reliable upload+download. We work as we travel, so this was VERY appreciated.

The place seems to cater mostly to IT / business retreats, so you can keep that in mind as well. We didn't mind this, as much of the time it seemed like we had an amazing resort all to our selves! We took advantage of the pool, gym, sauna, billiards, and my girlfriend enjoyed the spa, though that part may have been a bit overpriced.

As mentioned in a few other reviews, to call it a 5 star resort seems like a bit of a stretch. Maybe by Indian standards it is, but to us, the pool needed renovation/cleaning, and some of the dishes could have been better for the price (except the Chinese restaurant). The rough dirt road through was seems to be very poor area on the way into the place may turn some people off...though maybe it helps the resort look THAT much better once you get to it! We may be spoiled by San Francisco lodging/food standards.

I was surprised that some indoor windows did not have screens, so we got bit by mosquitoes while eating at some restaurants and even while using the gym. Some of the buildings seem to be showing their age and are weathering a bit. The steam room seemed pretty dingy. It also seemed pretty strange that they charge (even the guests) $15 USD to use their hot tub. This is something that even budget hotels have complimentary at home. Another complaint would be that the TV settings (in two separate rooms) had to be readjusted and customized EVERY time it was turned on. We had to physically get up, walk to the cable box, and use the switch on the back to turn it off and on again to get it to work. Every time. Surely they can fix this issue.

You really are secluded out there, and expect to pay a FORTUNE to have them get you into Bangalore to check the city out. You can't really find a taxi or rickshaw outside the place, but if you're adventurous you can take the local 255 bus RIGHT outside the gates. It will literally cost hundreds of times less than you'll pay for a taxi, and will take you directly into the heart of Bangalore. I believe it runs every 15 minutes, and until 11PM.

We don't have tons of money, and actually ended up staying here through our family's timeshare. I think the staff was aware of this, but to their credit, they didn't seem to treat us any different than if we were royalty. There were never any discrepancies with our bills, and they brought us many complimentary extras. To the best of my memory, they never denied a single request of ours, and while we're not very high maintenance people, I think that's impressive. It's probably quite expensive for most Indian people to come stay here, but we do recommend it to those who can afford it, as well as for any westerners who want a fairly luxurious break from their hectic Indian travels!

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar, unless you opt for the presidential suite! You can have a back patio lo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank IDreamedOfThis
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was a quick plan for me to replace the shivasamudram falls plan due to heavy rain. But my selection was not bad.

When me and Ani started off the journey, she was in an impression that we are heading towards the falls. It was a surprise for her when the car entered the gates of the resort.

Got a warm welcome on arrival and then took us for a ride around the resort in a club car. Drizzling made the climate romantic.

We started off with squash, followed by table tennis and billiards. Then went for the dinner.

Must say the dinner was awesome and good. And loved the hospitality.

Loved the time spent in the swimming pool.

And a walk through the sprawling landscape made the perfect day out for us.

Only one thing that caused a bit of disappointment was that the plan for the cycle ride around the resort did not happen as one got faulty.

Overall I would recommend the resort for a day out and stay.

If you are going with a team of people; it will be good to play water volleyball. Saw a team playing over there and it was a wonderful sight to see the whole game.

Fantastic place!!! Loved Loved Loved!!!

Two links from my blog related to the trip:

Anoop...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Anoop_Savio
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have just returned from a 7 night stay at this lovely hotel. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The huge bed was beautifully made up using high quality linen and pillows. The staff were very attentive and always had a genuine smile to welcome you. The hotel is situated away from the city and yes, it's a bit of a treck to get in to the centre of Bangalore. However, because its away from all the noise and dust it's a welcome relief to return to the calm of the hotel and it's beautiful gardens. The food was excellent and the extensive breakfast buffet had everything you could imagine including European and Asian cusine. Sadly, I didn't get chance to try the spa or the huge pool but I will do next time I stay, because I would be more than happy to return to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is down a long dusty road full of huge potholes and is close to industrial units, but you...
8  Thank Buckshawhomes
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I did not stay here. But, I would love to someday.

I went here for an office conference. So, my review will be more from that perspective.

- I saw a number of big organizations holding conferences and day outs. So, I guess, this place is a favourite for those kinds of things.

- The place is very big and very beautiful. In fact, from the reception, you need a 5-6 minutes of walk to reach the food area.

- You will be surrounded by hundreds of coconut trees. Makes for a pretty sight.

- The swimming pool is a major plus point. It's a huge pool, one of Asia's biggest. You must carry your costume.

- One of the plus points is the recreation building. There, you have: Snooker/Pool, Carrom, and Table Tennis.

- They even have a tennis court.

- They even provide cycles.. good pass time!

- The buffet breakfast was amazing. It was a HUGE spread. Moreover, the food tasted pretty good.

- Location wise, you will face huge traffic jams on the way and going back. But, that is the case in entire Bangalore I think. Just plan you trip keeping the traffic in mind.

- The conference rooms were decent. The tea, coffee, and cookies were good.

- Plenty of space to walk around. Plenty of grass.

- The place was quite peaceful.

Overall, I feel this is a good place and does deserve a visit. Specially worth considering for corporate events.

Room Tip: If you are planning a corporate event, do keep spare time for recreational activities.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Kshitij K
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just last week i landed up at the Golden Palms Hotel & Spa (came to know from colleagues that this property belongs to Sanjay Khan - Bollywood actor of yesteryears) for a corporate event. It is a expansive property, tucked away from the busy highway that has warehouses on one side, and industrial units on the other.

The hotel staff and procedures were pretty streamlined, and it seemed they were at ease to handle the check in of such a large group. The "Seronto" lounge is spaaciouss!! fit for holding social events.

Food was good. The best part was the stay, room was spacious with a balcony / sit-out space overlooking the inside view of the property - pool, garden, etc.

Would i like to go and spend some time with my family there? Definitely Yes!!

7  Thank isoumen
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Been there for an offsite. Everything inside the resort is done nicely. The water body, landscaping, statues and others are beautifully done. I liked the room. Quite spacious.
Did not like the dinner menu much but lunch was quite good.
Good place to have an offsite.

5  Thank kmalay