“Good Hotel”

Ranked #33 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night. Very decent & welcoming staff. Food's good. But area is very congested , centre of city & live. Rooms were clean. over all a good business hotel to stay. Not to forget the "Sphere" - Disc of the Hotel. On Friday night crowd's great and very live.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Gunjan,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your recent visit to Bangalore and thank you for taking the time out to share about your experience at the Gateway Hotel.

I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and I appreciate your positive feedback on rooms and food and you were delighted about our Bar Sphyre. Our associates do try their best to ensure that our guests have a great experience at the hotel and thank you for acknowledging their efforts.

During your next visit to the hotel, may I request you to enjoy the flavours of south west coastal cuisine at the award wining Restaurant ‘KARAVALLI’

We thank you for your high recommendation of our Bar Sphyre and look forward to having you with us again and assure you of our best service and attention always

Warm regards,

Albert Rebello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
MUMBAI
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Gateway is a part of Taj group hotels. Its very conveniently located in the heart of the city on Residency road. There are lots of eating joints and shopping options around. The property is relatively old but has been recently refurbished and gives a very fresh and warm feel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Wi Fi is available. Sleep quality is excellent. Service level meets the standard Taj hospitality. Well equipped with Gym and restuarants.

Room Tip: Go for a room at higher floor facing the pool for a good view of the city and the swimming pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangalore and very thoughtful of you to review us on TripAdvisor and to post an excellent feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you had a very comfortable stay and I appreciate your positive feedback on rooms that are as spacious and comfortable and well equipped Gym and restaurants. Also glad to see that you were delighted about our great location which is just a few steps away from Shopping Malls and restaurants.

I am thankful to hear that our service level meets the standard Taj hospitality. Encouraging words like these go a long way to keep the team motivated at the hotel and we assure you that it will be our constant endeavour to provide warm and personalized hospitality to all our guests.

We look forward to the pleasure of being at your service again some time in the near future.

Warm regards,

chester
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This Hotel which is part of the Taj group of Hotels, is so comfortably located. Neat, and very pleasing helpful personnel. Just 2 minutes walk from Brigade Road and M G Road. A real boon especially with today's traffic. The Karavalli restaurant too is a must visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, July 21, 2013

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your recent visit to Bangalore and thank you for sparing time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and I appreciate your compliments to all our Associates at the hotel. Also I am pleased to see that you found our location is great just a walkable distance to reach shopping malls, restaurants and the metro nearby.

We thank you for your high recommendation of our Restaurant Karavalli and look forward to having you with us again and assure you of our best service and attention always.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed with my family (me, wife and two smalls kids) at the Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, Bangalore for two nights in May. It was a very comfortable stay... we had a nice room. I think it was a standard room category, but may have been refurbished as it appeared to be fresh and luxurious in it's feel...

Food - good breakfast served in true Taj style with all that a good buffet should have. Star hotels in India have possibly the best buffet spread as compared to any hotel anywhere in the world, and the Gateway hotel was no exception. Tried their room service, and the food was nice...

Nice poolside - nothing spectacular, but nice and probably what you'd expect from a small Business hotel that this is. Did not experience the pool though, as did not have the time to do so...

Staff was excellent, always greeting with a warm smile. There was a little Deli counter at the lobby, and the staff was busy pampering my little girls with delicious bits of chocolates, with their compliments. I thought that was a good gesture...

Very good location, with some good shopping closeby and also a huge bookstore just across the road..

Given an opportunity, I will be happy staying at the hotel again...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Nikhil,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Bangalore and very thoughtful of you to review us on TripAdvisor and to post an excellent feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you had a very comfortable stay and I appreciate your positive feedback on rooms that appeared to be fresh and luxurious in it’s feel, and also you were delighted about our great location which is just a few steps away from Shopping Malls and Sapna Book House which carries the tag of being the largest Book Mall in the country.

We are really excited to know that our breakfast buffet spread you experienced at our GAD Restaurant was outstanding, and during your next visit to the hotel, may I request you to enjoy the flavours of south west coastal cuisine at the award wining Restaurant ‘KARAVALLI’.

Your generous appreciations to all our Associates for their care and consideration have been passed on to them.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to having you with us again and assure you of our best service and attention always.

Thanking you,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here a for a conference and we had a very good experience about everything right from excellent rooms, exquisite service, well arranged conference, buffet lunch etc. The breakfast spread was probably one of the best and varied we had experienced. The best part here was health food option (with Ragi Dosa etc options). This hotel certainly meets all expectations of a Taj Gateway hotel. Worth staying again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your recent stay in Bangalore and for posting such a marvelous review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that your stay was excellent and you liked every aspect of the hotel that is, you found our rooms were excellent, superb service, well arranged conference and breakfast spread you experienced was superlative. It is guests like you who encourage us to strive for continued excellence and to raise the bar continuously.

We hope to remain your favourite hotel at Bangalore and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business, and despite a few minor hiccups to start, my stay was very nice. When my colleague and I checked in, both our rooms smelt very strongly of mould, so we asked to change rooms, and then my colleague was put in a room which was vibrating from the Wednesday night disco below so she had to change rooms again. Third time was a charm though, and the rooms were spacious, shower was great, bed was comfortable, there was a good selection of TV channels (both local and American), and the wifi was complimentary and decent enough speed. The buffet breakfast was really good, although the coffee wasn't the best.

The service from the staff was fantastic, particularly those at the front desk. They even offered us umbrellas when walking outside which I thought was very nice of them.

The only real downside was the price - it is definitely overpriced for what it is worth, particularly when I compare it to other 5 star hotels I have stayed in in India which have been cheaper than this hotel was.

But overall great service, close to lots of bars and restaurants and nice comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room higher up facing the pool - the other rooms you can hear the disco!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, July 12, 2013

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your visit to Bangalore and thank you for sparing time to post a review on Tripadvisor about our hotel.

With regard to your feedback on rooms that had smell of mould, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Your feedback has been addressed immediately. And I appreciate that you were happy on the change of rooms and had a comfortable stay.

Your generous appreciations to our Front Office Associates for their care and consideration have been passed on to them. Our Associates are our biggest asset and thank you for acknowledging their efforts.

I am thankful to hear that you were happy about the lavish spread of buffet breakfast and you were delighted about our great location which is just a few steps away from Shopping Malls and restaurants.

Your feedback regarding the room rate has been noted and we would request you to connect with us through email/phone or visit our website – www.tajhotels.com to avail of the best available rates.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of having you stay with us again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was my second trip to the hotel, and i am going to be a regular visitor. In my first visit i provided a feedback regarding some service gaps at the front desk and i was glad to see no hiccups on the current visit. While i would not rate it as a luxurious property but the service covers up for the infrastructural shortcomings. I would recommend it for business travelers like myself or solo backpackers. The breakfast spreads across a section of hotel which i felt is small and they should look at a larger dining hall maybe. The staff however is very polite and helps you with anything you need.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are equal
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this review, July 8, 2013

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for taking out time to review us on Trip Advisor about our hotel.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us for the second time and delighted to hear that you would be our regular guest. We will certainly ensure that you will have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

We understand from your feedback that the space of the breakfast spread section is small, and we shall look into this.

I appreciate your compliments to all our Associates at the hotel and I shall personally pass on your appreciation to them. Your feedback will certainly motivate us to achieve higher standards.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.