The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road
Holiday Village(Bengaluru)
$40
$30
1,114 results
All reviewskaravalli restaurantbrigade roadcoastal cuisinetaj groupthe heart of the cityvalue for moneysous chefbusiness hotelexcellent locationcentral locationgaruda mallbreakfast spreadexcellent servicecourteous staffclose to mg roadbusiness tripfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As the Brigade Road and adjacent area gets crowded by the day, this hotel has maintained its simple and elegant disposition.
Serving the same revered Taj Hospitality, the hotel opened its Swimming Pool and Gym for 24 hrs use, anytime.
The food menu is thoughtfully chosen and served at greatly done restaurants. And then, it is right there on the famed Brigade Road that make your evenings un-boring. You can just shop for anything, do pub hopping, watch movies and get back to Gateway, all by walk.
Value for money, indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing rooms and definitely take a swim in the lit pool at 12 O'Clock at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and appreciate your positive feedback on food and service; also you were delighted about our great location which is just a few steps away from Brigade Road, Shopping Malls and Restaurants.

Thank you for your whole hearted compliments, your feedback will certainly motivate us to achieve higher standards.

We hope to remain your favorite hotel at Bangalore and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this property on 19th may 2013 and I must acknowledge the staff for their excellent service and Attitude. In spite of staying at various hotels I have found the service at gateway bang lore top notch. Their concept of teaching the guest to cook w a s also unique. The food at the coffee shop was excellent and also the Bar tender had some unique concoctions which was top class. I would also like to thank Sr captain Mr sandip ,duty manager chandrashekhar and the sous chef Santhosh and chef de partis Dipayan for making me feel on top of the world.I would rate my stay at gate w ay as on e of the best. I had a feeling Gateway would be a business hotel but my stay here has completely changed that/ Please keep up the good work.
Regards
Arun Mohanan

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool side view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Mohanan,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your visit to Bangalore on 19th May 2013 and thank you for sparing time to post a superb review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you found our service was immaculate and the food a gourmet’s delight!! Thank you for your compliments to our Associates and I shall personally pass on your appreciation to them and acknowledge their act of delighting you in an appropriate forum. Our associates are our biggest asset and observations like these that motivate the entire team to put in their best to delight every guest at the hotel!

On a regular basis we conduct a ‘Chef’s Hat’ a cookery session at our Restaurant - GAD, wherein we invite the in-house guests to co create with our chefs and I thank you for your feedback on this.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great defence offers....Great hospitality !!
Checked in with Army rates....
had to play little extra only for wife..
Great hospitality to family especially from the catering side for the family.
Could maybe include all three meals package instead of two.
Great location !! Walking distance to malls and brigade/M.G road.
Small but effective gym and pool.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Wg. Cdr. Banerjee,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Bangalore!

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor.
I am glad to hear that you and your family had a comfortable and great stay, and delighted about our location just a walk able distance to reach shopping malls and restaurants.

Great speaking to you during the stay and I appreciate your compliments to all our associates and thank you so much.

With regard to your feedback on meal package, I would like to bring to your notice that as per the contract only two meals included in the package.

We immensely value your patronage and look forward to having you with us again and assure you of our best service and attention always.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel for five days I can thoroughly recommend it for a number of reasons.
First, the staff are extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I needed help in organisation of daily outings to some fairly difficult venues but a schedule was given me which matched exactly my requirements.
The food and the service in the main restaurant were both excellent. The quality of the food was superb. Staff listened to my requirements and were perfectly prepared to vary the menu to suit my tastes.
The lobby is very pleasant and the small business centre is basic (2 computers, a scanner and printer) but this was perfectly adequate for my needs. Again, staff could not do enough to be helpful.
I thought that the carpeting outside the bedrooms was rather tired and needed an upgrade. The rooms are very good but a little bit small.
this was my second stay at this hotel and I would very happily return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Bangalore.

It is very thoughtful of you to review us on Trip Advisor and to post an excellent feedback on food and service. The entire team at Gateway joins me in conveying their thanks for all the appreciation you had for us!

We have made a note of your feedback to upgrade a carpet outside the bedroom, and we shall definitely look into this.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Everything about this hotel is excellent; the location is just great near the crossing of Brigade Road and Residency Road with all the shopping and eating walking distance - families would just love the location; the service was very friendly and excellent, the rooms are good and the in house dining was also great -both the GAD and Karavalli are very good; the restaurant staff went out of their way to discuss recipes (south indian specialities) and arrange cookery sessions with the chef for my wife ; she only missed an in house salon which the hotel does not have; I would highly recommend the place

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms face Residency Road
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
AlbertRebello, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel on Residency Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Bangalore.

It is very thoughtful of you to review us on Trip Advisor and to post an excellent feedback. The entire team at Gateway joins me in conveying their thanks for all the appreciation you had for us!

I am glad to hear that you were delighted about our great location just a walk able distance to reach shopping malls and restaurants.

On a regular basis we conduct a ‘Chef’s Hat’ a cookery session at our Restaurant, GAD wherein we invite the in-house guests to co create with our chefs. We are happy to hear that your wife enjoyed participating in this.