“Welcomed back with open arms”

Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore
Ranked #37 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This is my 3rd stay at the Taj and each time gets better and better. I arrived at 4am and was taken straight away to my room where I was checked in. From door to bed...15mins... brilliant

I have been greeted by name and stopped in the lobby to be welcomed back.

Last night I had dinner in the Chinese Restureant for the first time. It was quite and the food was good. Peking duck is the best I have had anywhere and I appreiciated the chef coming to ask me how my meal was.

I went the gym at 5am because I could not sleep and they opened it up for me. Felt very special having my own security detail watching out for my while I went for a run on the treadmill watching TV at the same time.

I recommend this hotel to everyone... not overly busy but certainly they have made me feel very much at home. Did I mention they gave me the same room as my last visit!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore

Reviewed April 19, 2010

This hotel has a very good location so is always a prefrence for a business traveller.
I have stayed at this hotel earlier also.The rooms are very modern, well maintained and spacious.Perfect for a small face to face meeting.The hotel overall is not a big hotel.

I ate at their coffee shop and the european resteaurent Graze. The food is average at best .But the biggest issue is their service. I have stayed at taj properties throughout india and their service standards are the least among them. For a single traveller to eat at their restaurents is quite a bit of wait if the resteaurent is full.
The staff is cordial but the service standard needs to be improved.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2010

This is an excellent hotel to stay in Banglore.
The rooms are really comfortable, spacious and well maintained
the room service is excellent and the food is also very good
the staff are well groomed, courteous and responsive
Overall a satisfying place to stay in a mad city

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Taj is the best known hotel in bangalore situated in posh locality.
The service provided for the money taken is good but the food is not so good as they are not as delicious as I have expected.
Even the ambience is not good or not as I expected. The staff behaved very professionaly.
At last I can say that I has very ordinary experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Five star Taj Residency Bangalore is an eclectic blend of material pleasures and aesthetic beauty. Overlooking Lake Ulsoor, the Taj Residency offers picturesque views of the city of gardens.

Strategically located, Taj Residency Bangalore is equipped to handle the needs of business travelers and the whims of holidaymakers.

All 163 rooms at the Taj Residency Bangalore are cocoons of plush comfort and endearing warmth. Replete with modern room amenities, the rooms at the Taj Residency Bangalore are perfect for business and holiday travelers. Taj Residency accommodation reflects a collage of artistic furniture, colorful tapestries, room facilities, ethnic décor and state-of-the-art gadgets

Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I think Parking Facility need to be improved Lot,
We had a business Seminar In the month of December 2009

The Place Was good,The seminar Hall was Excellent.The People were so friendly.
The dining Was also good.
Regards
Aravinda Reddy

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank aravin
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Taj residency is know for its charisma and good service. Taj truly stands by its name being grand in every department. the food is very nice but the service is a little slow. nice ambience and good people around.check out the pool side tables for small rounds of liquor shots.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business