I stayed at the Taj for 8 nights in January and I am a regular visitor there on business. Overall the hotel is very good and offers a good standard of accomodation and service for a business hotel.
While I was there the Cafe Mosiac was under reconstruction and had limited space available. What was surprising was that the work kept going, even during dinner one night the banging and hammering behind the partition wall didn't stop. The food was however excellent apart from breakfast. I used the "hot" buffet on a couple of mornings but had to leave my food, hash browns, beans and sausage because it was stone cold.
The food in the Chinese restaurant in the hotel was downright poor.
The one significant downside of the hotel is the "Ice Bar". It is dark, the music too loud and the ambiance poor. It is simply not possible to have a relaxing drink there. The Ista across the road, depsite being difficult to access with the metro works, has a much more friendly and relaxing bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak in the space that's bang in the centre of Bangalore's business and entertainment areas. Drive in from the airport delighting in backseat surprises (we're not revealing here). You'll see how we mean business in a quiet efficient way from the moment you step in. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. This arrival zone sets the tone for guestrooms and banquet facilities that deliver the ultimate in urban relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - m g Road, Bangalore Hotel Bangalore
- Taj Residency Bangalore
- Taj Residency Hotel Bangalore