The room is quite nice. The hotel is small but central. They have a breakfast buffet spread that's good! So you start your day well. The Chinese dim sum stuff though was not so great but I'm spoilt on that front so I won't hold them to my standard. The staff are helpful including changes to say your transport. And they estimate times quite well and you know with India traffic, that can be an asset. I took the airport transfer from the hotel even though you can imagine that's going to be 2 times more expensive than hiring a airport cab or something along those lines (my local office admin could have at half the price). But they do greet you at the airport, escort and ensure you get to your car (which is normal) but also when you leave, someone is at the airport to help you through it all the way to immigration including filling out your exit form for you (that I have never had). The ONE thing that really was poor was the bed. So if you are more used to a fluffy bed, soft mattress, you should be aware that the bed I got was really hard and firm. I was told later they have softer versions but I don't know how soft those were but just beware of this and maybe you can get a softer bed from them. And a high floor facing the pool is best. Traffic on MG road, the honking still filters into the room if you are even on the 7-8 floor as I was. I didn't mind cause I had to get up early anyway to get to meetings but if you intend to sleep in then you should be aware of that.
Also while breakfast starts officially at 6.30 am. They usually are ready about 6.15 for most things and allow you to take a slightly earlier seating to eat if like me you need to get to early meetings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak in the space that's bang in the centre of Bangalore's business and entertainment areas. Drive in from the airport delighting in backseat surprises (we're not revealing here). You'll see how we mean business in a quiet efficient way from the moment you step in. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. This arrival zone sets the tone for guestrooms and banquet facilities that deliver the ultimate in urban relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - m g Road, Bangalore Hotel Bangalore
- Taj Residency Bangalore
- Taj Residency Hotel Bangalore