Vivanta by Taj - M G Road, Bangalore
$121
$161
$118
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace Bengaluru(Bengaluru)
$266
$73
$180
$119
1,817 results
All reviewscafe mozaicjiva spachinese restaurantthe heart of the citybusiness hotelcoffee shoppool sideexcellent servicecentral locationbusiness tripin room diningduty managerbreakfast buffethome away from homefront officeexcellent stayrooms are spacious
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Third hotel stayed at on trip, after Taj Lands End in Mumbai, and Vivanta by Taj in Goa.
The building is a slightly older one located in the downtown of Bangalore, opposite the modern western shopping mall. Usual very high security upon entry.
An older team than Vivanta in Goa, which makes for a different feel. As Bangalore is a rapidly expanding city with many foreign multinationals, many guests are business people, and so the feel of the hotel is one of constant transition rather than one of staying to savour the surroundings.
Room was clean with a good view across the city.
As with other Taj hotels, food is excellent with three different restaurants, including an excellent Chinese one!
Knowledgeable chefs helped us through "Sri Lankan evening" and also gave good advice on their weekly Indian Street food evening.
The pool is alongside the dining area, which doesn't really make for a comfortable atmosphere for bathing.
This was my least favourite hotel of my three in India, but only because it is really a business hotel (which to be honest is why we were there), but is extremely comfortable with very attentive staff and delicious food.
Good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Vivanta by Taj Hotel is an older property owned by the Taj Group, located on Mahatma Gandhi Road in downtown Bangalore. I have been staying there usually twice a year for many years and the hotel has been upgraded more than once during this time.

Probably the most outstanding feature of the hotel is the exceptional service offered by the very well trained staff. No matter what your needs, the staff, especially through the concierge desk, are happy to make necessary arrangements to help. They can purchase items for you, bring you medicine, arrange transportation, etc., all with a friendly smile and willingness that is visible.

At the hotel, security is excellent with careful checking of both cars and luggage brought into the hotel property. Once inside, you will find a pleasant (although sometimes loud) drinking bar, a 24 hour cafe which serves excellent buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as offers an attractive a la carte menu. Seating for a meal can be inside the air conditioned cafe or outside at pool side. There is a fitness room, moderately equipped and a pleasant seating area in the lobby. And for those who are fond of sweets or afternoon tea, there is a special area set aside for afternoon tea with bakery snacks on the lobby floor.

Rooms are well kept and for my last stay, I was assigned a room which had a bathroom with built-in steam shower. This was a boon for me as I arrived with a horrible case of bronchitis and sitting in the steam provided much relief. Other bathrooms feature multi-head showers. And one of the most noticeable features in the room were the several bottles of water lined up alongside the coffee preparation area. In all other hotels I have stayed at in India, there were only two bottles (small) of complimentary water provided. Vivanta knows we need lots of water and they provide it with a smile.

Adjacent to the hotel is "G1" which is a four-story, newly built complex featuring casual shopping at affordable prices for clothing, shoes, toys, and food. The spectacular supermarket at the top of the complex offers everything one could want in the way of fresh market, processed or prepared food, ready for take out. I've never seen so many versions of indian spices as I saw here. The entire store was exceptionally well kept and clean.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Vivanta by Taj for its excellent service, pleasant rooms and location where one can easily walk to shopping.

Room Tip: For a pleasant view, ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. There is a lovely nearby lake which is surrounded by trees and low-level buildings.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

spent 2 nights in Feb 2013 on the executive floor. I was overwhelmed with the hospitality of the staff. Great services, lovely food and cozy ambience. Providing wi-fi at the lobby area free of charge would have been great as it was expensive. Connectivity wasn't that great.

Room Tip: Executive floor. Room facing lake is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lets start from beginning.

Check-in - 'Sir, Our policy is to check identity of every person in your room, so please show me your wife's ID'. And they did NOT asked me my ID anytime before or after, under whose name the room was booked.

Room : Cramped, worst house keeping, worst room amenities i ever saw even in budget hotels, bathroom so small that a small towel didnt leave any space for toiletries on shelf.

Services: Asked three times during one day, whether i need laundry service. cant see why they were so interested in doing that , without me even asking once. Arent we supposed to dial a number as ask for such services.

Breakfast: Service was terrible. More time was spent on looking for smone to ask for basics like napkin and side plate than time spent on eating. Food was OK, not that bad.

In room dining: OK, not too bad.

Check Out: found bill slipped into my room in the morning i was supposed to check out. Smthing new, but still can see what is the logic behind. Few things added twice and one bill item missing.

Cab pick up: they dint allow my driver to even wait for 30 second as guards pushed him out. No one to load the baggage. Reason the property is so cramped that two cars will jam the whole entrance.

Comfort: Too crowded and noisy at restaurant level as they have pub n disc there, which invites lot of crowd and hence discomfort for residents.

I thought Taj Agra was worst, but this one is rank inferior to that too.

Do we have even worse rating than 'terrible' for this hotel please.

Room Tip: Opposite a small shopping mall, just in case that is most important criteria.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sukhjinder B
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here for a conference this month. It's RIGHT across the street from MG Road mall- and another strip of shops across the street. (Although the street is scary to cross at times, the guys out front will help you safely get to the other side...) We were greeted right away and given welcome drinks. The hotel was really accommodating, in that, they had all of our keys (there were 16+ of us) ready for us and didn't make us all check in one by one... The rooms are nice. Older looking, but clean and very comfy. I guess I should specify- when I say "older-looking" I mean it in a charming sense... not an out-dated, in need or repair way. One of the things I love most about the Vivantas is that their in room dining offers half-portions. This is brilliant and I honestly don't know why more hotels don't offer it. I can never come close to finishing a full meal-

Another thing to note- I got a pretty rotten head cold while I was there. The hotel called a doctor who came within the hour. He prescribed me 4 meds and sent the concierge to the chemist to get them- (again, done within an hour)- The entire ordeal cost me a whole $24USD- including the tip I gave them... I don't mess with colds in India- it is a miserable place to be ill, and the care is quite good and unbelievably cheap- so I'd highly recommend calling a doctor from your hotel (if you're at a nicer hotel...) if you are feeling under the weather- from colds to what we endearingly call the Delhi-belly.

The staff in the breakfast area was pretty good. Loved that they had a juicer with any number of fruits and veggies to juice for you. They also have a baked yogurt that I am QUITE fond of.

In all, between the service, location and the amenities- this place is a win. I know there are nicer, higher end places... but I find sometimes that the service there can be a bit much- to the point where it's excessive and obnoxious- and this place is just comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business