“Outstanding in all Areas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi, Bangalore

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Outstanding in all Areas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

From the moment i got out of the car from the airport and they check you in up in your room, to the moment i left and the lovely gift they left in my room, the staff and hotel were excellent.

The hotel staff give the impression that they really enjoy their jobs and always happy to go out of their way to help this gives the hotel a fantastic feeling of relaxation and comfort which was really welcomed when returning from work late in the evening.

I've stopped in other hotels in Bangalore but won't be going anywhere else from now on... Thank you and i'll see you all soon

1 Thank Rednu
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your time and review is precious to us.

Your appreciation of our service is indeed heart-warming. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of hospitality and motivation such as yours encourages us to give our best.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We are happy to note that The Oberoi, Bangalore will be your preferred hotel in Bangalore and are grateful for your patronage.

The team and I thank you once again for your rating and recommendation of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

All rules of dieting breaks , if you go to heavenly abode of culinary skills in Indian restaurant of The oberoi Bangalore. I stayed for 3 nights 4 days. The food tastes like home made prep of Grannyma's kitchen. Bagair Baingan (Brinjal Curry ) is awesome. Above all the nice entertaining talk with Waiting staff is great. You won't feel lonely. Every manager is very friendly and very compassionate speaking to you giving you a feel that you have come for a vacation to spend time with cousins in a ancestral home. Thanks to the high professional standards maintained by oberoi group. The smile and reception and caring nurturing company of staff is so natural and pleasing and does not have even a iota of plastic nature of corporate etiquette you see in many 5 star hotels. I feel , everyone here enjoys their work in spending happy time with guests . Wis to make The oberoi , my second home evrytime I visit Bangalore on visit

Room Tip: I stayed in Room Number 415. I really liked the View , espesially when in the night , when you put o...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi, Bangalore during your visit to Bangalore in August 2014 and also for taking time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation on our food and service.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It was also a pleasure for the our chefs to note that you enjoyed the food, particularly the Bagara Baingan.

At The Oberoi, it is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with the best comfort and hospitality to ensure that they have a memorable stay.

We are delighted to note that The Oberoi, will be your ‘second home’ in Bangalore and look forward to the delight of welcoming you back soon.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I stayed at the Oberoi for 5 nights on a business trip. The entire experience was superb. I arrived very early in the morning and my room was ready and the check in was courteous and gracious. The room was lovely as were all the amenities in it. The iPad control for the room was fun. I loved the grounds and having an oasis in the midst of Bangalore. The food was terrific. The breakfast buffet was something to look forward to. And last but not least the staff was excellent. Everyone was friendly and attentive, and provided whatever assistance I required. I'll definitely return.

Location
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. Your time and praise is precious for us.

We sincerely appreciate your positive review of our hotel and are delighted that your experience at the hotel was superb.

I have shared your gracious comments with the entire team including our chefs, who were happy to read your compliments.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Dix Hills, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I had a fantastic stay at the Oberoi. The staff went out of their way to be as helpful as possible. The food was fantastic. In Bangalore you have to be very careful about what you eat. But at the Oberoi I felt safe and ended up eating most of my meals there. Try Dim Sum if you have a chance. The buffet breakfast has lots of Indian and American choices. The room was one of the nicest I've stayed in. Everything from the lights, TV and room service is all controlled from a iPad. I didn't even need my power travel adapter. The desk had American style sockets and even a usb charging port. Wifi was included as well. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Location
Dear Guest,

It was a delight having you stay with us at The Oberoi on your recent visit to Bangalore.

We are grateful for your encouraging and kind words of praise on our rooms, food and facilities. It is also a pleasure to note your appreciation of the iPads which have been introduced in our entire accommodation.

Your compliments on our service is indeed a honour for us. Our greatest strength is our team and your recognition for them, is heartening which will encourage the team further to deliver their best.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and the wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back.

In Bangalore, if I could be of any assistance please do let me know.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I cannot find a single fault even a miniscule one about this hotel. Great rooms, food, ambience and staff! I wish I could remember the staff who I interacted with so that I could mention their names here! (my stay was a while ago, so please excuse me) If staying in Bangalore, this is THE place! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore in September 2013 and for sharing such a fantastic review with the TripAdvisor community.

The team was overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation. Our team members are our greatest strength and your appreciation will certainly motivate them to scale for new heights in excellence.

At The Oberoi, it is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We are happy to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.

Bhilai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I am finding quite difficult & no words to describe my stay at Oberoi Bangalore for two days. Every thing was excellent from the welcome to the hotel to till departure. The quality of service was very high throughtout my stay. The food served in the Le Jardin was wonderful. It was prepared as per my requirement & taste was excellent. Special thanks to chef Gautam, Chef Santosh & to Chef Nimisha for making mouth watering dishes. Special thanks to Chef Nimisha during breakfast who tried to accomaodate the dishes not even in the Menu during Breakfast. Even Chef Gautam during dinner was superb. The housekeeping was also excellent but the staff was little overbearing sometimes & tried to over impress. Did not go to spa for spa treatment because of attitude of spa reception over phone. Have mentioned the same during check out. Spa must really try to accomodate guest prefrences if they claim to be of international standards. Rest all from Polo bar to Chinese restaurant were wonderful.

Thank you for making my stay memorable.

• 5 of 5 stars
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. It will give me great pleasure to share your compliments with Nimisha, Gautam and Santosh – I know how much they will appreciate what you have said.

Please do accept my apologies on behalf of the Spa team for the inconvenience caused.

We have also noted your feedback on the Housekeeping team and would like to thank you for sharing your comments.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed for about 5 nights at the Oberoi in Bangalore. The hotel is located in the city center and is walking distance from one of the newest malls; 1 MG Road. The lobby is welcoming and charming. The rooms are as charming with a balcony that has a view of the lovely landscaped gardens and the pool at the back of the hotel. The room was comfortable and the TV can be operated with an iPad that has all the options. The only drawback is that the room that we stayed in was a tad small for two people. Also, keeping luggage becomes a bit of a problem. Having said that, the housekeeping team put a separate luggage stand for my suitcase. The toilet, basin and bathing area are very spacious and there is also a tub which provides a view of the TV if used as there is a glass wall between the room and the toilet, with a pull down screen for privacy. I spent half a day walking around the gardens reading and taking pictures of the mighty 118 year old Rain tree around which the hotel building was constructed. We ate at all of the restaurants and enjoyed them thoroughly. The Thai restaurant is romantic as the restaurant is in the middle of quite a large lotus pond.
We have never stayed at an Oberoi property and it was clear that we had missed out on their exceptional service. The teams are friendly yet very professional. There is nothing that they did not do for us, starting from the housekeeping team to the front desk to the restaurant teams. One of my husband's toiletries were running low and they replaced it along with a personal note from the housekeeping team. We found it very thoughtful of them to do so. We were travelling to Coorg (a 5-6 hour drive from Bangalore) after our stay in Bangalore and at breakfast that morning, one of the chefs offered to make us a takeaway box from the drive. She thought of everything; sumptuous sandwiches, a muffin, a drink and a pack of crips. There are several other thoughtful gestures that I have not mentioned here for which we applaud and appreciate the teams. The breakfast spread was great and we enjoyed all varieties of Indian breakfasts some of which were prepared especially for us. The hotel does not bill a service charge and encourages guests to leave tips in an envelope at the front desk. I learnt that the hotel is known for its beautiful landscaping and the photographs show just that.
In summary, we have never experienced service like this before despite having stayed at several international hotel groups across the world and we will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi as a preferred hotel during your visit to Bangalore in July 2014. It was an absolute pleasure to have your husband and you stay with us .

We are also grateful for the time taken to share such a detailed and fantastic review on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

We sincerely appreciate your generous compliments on our hotel, product and facilities.

In our endeavour to provide our discerning guests with highest levels of comfort and hospitality, we had introduced iPads in all our rooms. We are happy to receive your positive review on this state-of-the-art technology.

As your rightly mentioned, The Oberoi, with its convenient location in the centre of the city on M.G.Road, is close to the business, financial and shopping arcades of Bangalore, making it an ideal hotel both for a business traveller as well as for a family get-away.

It gives us great pleasure to note that we were able to provide you with a service that exceeded your expectations. We, at The Oberoi Group believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

We have noted your comments on the rooms and are grateful for this feedback.

We are grateful for your support and do hope that The Oberoi Group will be your preferred choice of hotels.

Should you need assistance with regards to your reservations in other Oberoi properties, please do let me know. It will be my pleasure.