“Great hotel with superb service! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oberoi, Bengaluru

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 649 Hotels in Bengaluru
“Great hotel with superb service! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from Bangalore and this is definitely one of the best hotel I have stayed so far. The service is top notch, impeccable surrounding and the staff just made me feel most pampered!
I arrived in Bangalore late at night and by the time I reached hotel it was already midnight. I was impressed when I 1st stepped in, knowing I was very tired, instead of checking at the lobby, I was escorted to my room and had a breeze check in inside the room itself! Room size is not huge but it was definitely comfortable enough for business stay!
They served very good breakfast, with both international and local choices! The staff recommended local delights and was prepared based on order (included as part of buffet price)! Dosa, stuffed prata, Poori Bhaji... The North and the South Indian food, you name it! It was great! The only downside is the Thai restaurant where the food may not be up to what I expected. I am coming from the country just next to Thailand and I could taste that the food may not be that authentic enough (well at least to my taste bud). However, the superb service is undeniable. I could see that the hotel is trying to make the best for improvement and finding out what and why I didn't quite Luke about their Thai food. Having said that, it doesn't degrade my good impression on this hotel as it is truly more than a 5 Star service I have received. Oh, I have tried the in room dining service. I oedered Indian food and it was awesome!
I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I'm visiting Bangalore!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to note that you found our service top notch and the staff made you feel most pampered.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation on our food. The chefs were happy that you enjoyed our North Indian and South Indian cuisine.

We are grateful to you for highlighting your expectation on our Thai food and sincerely do hope to live up to your expectations during your future stays with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return and assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Oberoi turned to be a great experience for me while visiting Bangalore in a business trip. This hotel has excellent accomodation, all recently renewed, three great restaurants and the area is surrounded by Nature. Great place to enjoy relaxing time after a full day of work. Nevertheless the personal service is outstanding,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Bangalore last month and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to receive your positive review on our ambiance, renovated rooms, and restaurants.

Your recognition of our personalised service has been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We thank you once again for your time and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the city of Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

It was great experience of staying in this property. Amazing level of hospitality which is incomparable. Great food! Great rooms and great facility. It was amazing to see tech savy rooms. Love to go there again.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and also for appreciating our rooms, food, services and facilities.

The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you. It is our utmost focus at The Oberoi to provide our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality.

My team and I are delighted to note that The Oberoi will remain your preferred hotel in Bangalore and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a night on a business trip to Bangalore. The most striking thing during the entire stay was the Oberoi Hospitality. It is amazing the way it is engrained into every staff member at every Oberoi hotel - right from the junior-most to the senior-most. The check-in was smooth and quick and the best part was that it was done in the room itself. The room itself was well appointed and the best part of the room for me was the shower cubicle which also doubled as a steam chamber. The hotel campus isn't very large but the lawns have the signature Bangalore greens with tall trees obscuring the view from neighboring developments.The free wifi was a great add on too. The breakfast spread was decent - though predominantly South Indian. I tried their award winning Thai restaurant for dinner and must say that I really enjoyed the food. All in all a great experience.

Room Tip: You could ask for rooms facing the inner lawns and the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi as a preferred hotel during your visit to Bangalore and for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community.

The team was overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation. Our team members are our greatest strength and your appreciation will certainly motivate them to scale for new heights in excellence.

We sincerely appreciative your compliments on our product and facilities.

We have also noted your feedback on our breakfast and would like to thank you for this feedback.

The team and I are grateful for your support and recommendation and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went to oberoi bangalore for a weekend . we had stayed earlier at oberoi and had a gr8 time and wanted to relive same experience for our anniversary.
Right from check in , oberoi bent over backwards to take care off us and showered us such as lovely cake or popcorn while watching movie.
One thing which sets them apart is clever use of iPad for all controls in room incl opening room.
This time my wife used spa and she could not keep raving about it , one thing was they gave an amazing massage unlike any of usual oily massages .
My wife felt gr8 esp since she had back and knee pain and felt much better.

Thanks oberoi , we hope to be back soon.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure having your wife and you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore.

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your time and compliments.

We are happy to note that your wife and you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I have shared your compliments with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team at the spa was also delighted to note that your wife enjoyed the experience at Spa.

We thank you once again for this wonderful review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming your wife and you back.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Old style wooden panelled bedrooms in keeping with colonial image fostered in 135 year old Hotel. Grounds and pool immaculate. Reception escort to room . Every one courteous. Room lacked iron and board and hotel charges steep for more than 30 minutes wifi per 24hrs. Breakfast choice limited compared to other quality hotels. Food in thai restaurant rather bland.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your positive feedback on our garden and pool. The team was also happy to read your kind words of appreciation.

Please may I request you to contact me directly whenever you travel to Bangalore next. It would be my pleasure to extend you a rate that includes internet and also be able to provide an iron and iron board in the room for you.

I have shared your comments on the breakfast and on the Thai food with our kitchen team and would like to thank you for this feedback.

The team and I are happy to note that The Oberoi, Bangalore would be your preferred hotel during your visits to Bangalore and look forward to the delight of welcoming you back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

From start to finish this was without doubt the best hotel experience. Check-in in the room was a wonderful touch and even after checking out the level of service was far more than one would expect. The staff were excellent at every level with a special little extra from the front office. Clearly this level of attention to detail cannot be accomplished without excellent management. Congratulations all around.

Room Tip: You could choose a room with the morning sun on the balcony or if you prefer in the shadow
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you.

Your compliments on our hospitality has also been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

I thank you once again for your gracious feedback and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.