“A top hotel”

Ranked #1 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
London, United Kingdom
“A top hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I just loved this hotel. After meeting upon meeting traffic upon traffic I eventually got to this oasis of calm. A lovely old world hotel with very modern rooms that look out onto a beautiful green garden. Go sit outside for an early evening beer and take in the gardens. They release smoke at around 5.30 to chase all the insects away, and this worked a dream as I sat outside most of the night and did not get bitten. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble, this hotel exceeded my expectations by miles. Highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for your time in sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Your positive observations regarding our rooms, gardens and service is inspirational for all of us. We are also happy to note that we exceeded your expectations.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgment is our greatest reward.

We thank you once again for your support and recommendation and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights from 22nd February. It is an oasis of tranquility in the chaos of the city. It has opulent and impressive public spaces, a beautiful garden, and wonderful rooms. Its chefs produce wonderful and varied food. But for my family and I, it is the staff here that really make the difference. It starts the second you step out from the BLR baggage hall and only stops after you have checked in your bags on departure and headed for the gates. To make a hotel beautiful just needs lots of money and a degree of taste, but to motivate and manage a team to provide such personal, excellent and seamless service requires a special skill. It is really special and I see from other reviews that I am not the only one to appreciate it. Yes it is expensive, but if you are lucky enough to to be able to afford it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay with us and we sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for such a delightful review and for your wonderful words of appreciation on our product and service.

We are also grateful for your compliments for the team. It is our continuous endeavour to make our guests feel special in every aspect and providing highest quality of service. It is appreciation and acknowledgement such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of many more opportunities of welcoming you to our hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed at the Oberoi Bangalore for 2 nights over the weekend. We had booked a suite, and we absolutely loved it! Starting from check-in, which happened right in our suite ( a blessing when you are travelling with kids), we were absolutely at ease for the next 2 days.

The room was fantastic and the staff even more so! Every member of the staff who we met, either at the lobby or anywhere on the grounds greeted us with a smile!

We had breakfast and lunch at Le Jardin which was fantastic, and they catered to our culinary whims (the kids did have a few) with a smile!

Bottom line, an absolutely amazing weekend, courtesy of the Oberoi and its staff! We know we will be staying no where else except the Oberoi, the next time we are in Bangalore.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank clark_kent2014
Dear Guest

It was an absolute pleasure having your family and you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore.

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

We are delighted to read your fantastic review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team, for whom it has been a great inspiration and will also encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

At The Oberoi, it is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We are delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

We thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and look forward to having more opportunities of welcoming your family and you back.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 5, 2014

the excellent service by a trainee at the front desk. The lack of response from house keeping for a iron.The staff try really hard and nothing is too much trouble. A very relaxing place to stay, especially over a weekend. The spa is also very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team at the spa were also delighted to note your gracious comments.

With regards to your comments on your request for an Iron, please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please may I assure you that your feedback has been shared with the entire Housekeeping team and necessary action has been taken to avoid such recurrence.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services.

My team and I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and we look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in Oberoi Banglore for 2 nights. I travelled for a business trip and as happens with all business trips, I only reach hotel in the night followed by quick breakfast next day. But the beautyof this hotel and friendly and ever smiling attitude of staff attracted me to spend more time in the hotel. At one point of time I felt as if I am in a resort. The hotel is so green and the tree in the central garden is the attaraction , must be several years old and well protected by the Hotel staff. I entertained my guest at Polo club and it was just so good. Polite F&B manager and person serving us made sure that we have the best of the time. Ofcourse live band at the Polo club added to our comfort. I recommend this hotel as must visit for holiday and for business. Nothing better than this. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms are amazing. you will feel like staying in a luxury forest house.
1 Thank Vivek2110
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of our hotel and also for your compliments on our gardens and your dining experience at the Polo Club.

The team was overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation and we cannot thank you enough for your gracious comments. Our Housekeeping and Food and Beverage team were also pleased to receive your compliments.

We thank you for your recommendation and for such a delightful review and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed only a night but had been visiting the hotel quite frequently throughout the week as some of my colleagues were staying there. The service and ease of finding whatever we needed was extraordinarily simple.
The room was awesome, the ambience wonderful and the people extraordinary. It was most certainly one of my best 5 star experiences so far.
The ipad in the room controlling everything and the personal butler service tipped the experience over from being excellent to awesome.
I would most certainly go back the next chance I have.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed equally well positioned, but request for a Pool/Garden facing room just to be s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore.

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words of praise for our hotel, facilities and services.

I have shared your compliments with the entire team, including our butlers for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Your gracious comments will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

We are also happy to receive your positive review on the iPads that have been introduced in all our rooms which have undergone a complete renovation.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the city and to The Oberoi.

Yours sincerely

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

On my last business trip for 5 weeks I stayed here. The hotel staff is amazing, it is the first hotel that I referred to as home. I felt like I was going home. When you walk in the front door and you are greeted with the warmest smile you can image you feel welcome and like you arrived home.

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator is the best, you have a great view of the grounds and the pool area.
Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore in February 2014 and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality. Our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and the wonderful review on our garden, pool and service and look forward to welcoming you back.

In Bangalore, if I could be of any assistance please do let me know.