“a great hotel in Bangalore”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
Ness Ziona, Israel
“a great hotel in Bangalore”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

amazing staff and hospitality, great rooms and facilities, much more than just value for your money. arriving to the hotel is really great, registration done already in your room to avoid waiting and the personal staff who helps you all along are truly unique and comforting.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time taken to review us on Trip Advisor.

We sincerely appreciate your compliments on our rooms and facilities.

I have also conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, who were happy to read such a delightful review from you.

We thank you once again for your generous comments and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
England
Reviewed February 14, 2014

It's not often I can write a review on a hotel that I have stayed and dined at many times...but living in Bangalore I can say with authority this hotel is consistently excellent. The restaurants are great, service is the best in the city. Sunday brunch is top notch. The Oberoi decorative style may be a little old fashioned for some but I came to love this place as an oasis in a busy city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bermondseytravels
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your compliments on our hotel and restaurants and are delighted to know that your find our service the best in the city. Thank you indeed for this fantastic compliment ! We are also happy to note you enjoy the Sunday brunch.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your continued support.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have nothing but praise for the whole team at the Oberoi, from the moment we arrived everyone was so polite and attentive. Being personally greeted and taken to my room where I checked in, in comfort and not at a desk! The team that looked after the rooms all had time to stop and ask of my well being and comment on the small things, making me feel at home. The rooms are immaculate and so beautiful with the wonderful big bathtub you can see from the bedroom. Being able to plug my UK power leads straight in without an adapter was great and the use of an iPad to guide me through not only my room audio and visuals but the hotel places to eat and Spa menu was just wonderful! There are so many great choices to eat here from the Thai to the Chinese to the amazing pulled pork sandwich at The Polo Lounge! The gentleman at the bar greeted us with smiles and could not do enough for us. The gym is such a nice place to work out and had plenty of state of the art equipment to help me with my routine. The 75min massage I took was just heavenly. I can't wait to come back, thank you so much for making my busy working week equally as relaxing!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read such a delightful recommendation.

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback on our product, facilities and food.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality. Our endeavour remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We are happy to receive your positive review on the iPads that have been introduced in all our rooms which have undergone a complete renovation.

We are also grateful for your appreciative feedback on our fitness centre, which is equipped with the state-of-the art equipment. It was a pleasure for the team at the Spa to note your compliments on the massage treatment.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and the wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back.

In Bangalore, if I could be of any assistance please do let me know.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I travel to bangalore often on work and have stayed at properties like Taj, Leela, Marriot, etc before and always preferred staying at leela for the service and proximity to my office. This was the first time I stayed at Oberoi as some of my other colleagues were staying there and it was an excellent experience. My new favorite in Bangalore is The Oberoi. Amazing Service, Amazing Rooms, Beautiful Property, Great Facilities and Good location. Detailed review below:

Check in & Checkout: Smooth check in and Checkout. I had an inroom check in. One of the welcome staff took me to my room to orient me with the room as well as do the check in. The room does require some orientation as I will explain in the rooms section. Zero wait time at reception during checkout.

Room: Beautiful room with a nice little balcony. Room is fairly automated with everything from room lights, TV, main door operated and controlled through the iPad they have in each room. Big Bathroom with a separate bath rub and shower section. The shower section also has the option of taking a steam bath. access to the private butler from the room to support in anything you need. Nice and comfortable Beds. Slightly softer pillows then my comfort but manageable. A LED TV in bedroom as well as bathroom for in room entertainment. In all a very nice well equipped room. The room that I got was a fair bit away from the lift and required a walk. I am okay with this but some guests might mind it. Nice view from the balcony, Don't open it after 5 or you will be attacked by the insects. This is a warning give by staff at the check in also. Being a very green facility I think this can be expected.

Gym: Gym at the hotel was nice. Not the best I have been to in hotels but good enough. There were only three treadmills and if there are more people in the gym you might have to wait for some time. Decent collection of weights unless you want to go heavy duty. So an average gym.

Food: Now this was an interesting experience. It went from being close to Bad, to good, to phenomenal. We started off our evening at the Polo Club with some beers and some starters. Ordered a Grilled Fish, Barbecued Chicken Skewers and a mezze Platter. The Pita with mezse was not good as suggested by the vegetarian friends with me. I didn't taste it so cant comment on the reason. Fish was nice but the chicken was cold. I mentioned that to the guy serving us. They took it back and I believe they heated it in an oven and brought back the dish. Heating in the oven took away all the moisture from the chicken and made it chewy. I did not like the dish and left it. This is where the good experience started. The staff noticed it and mentioned the reason to the chef. Executive Chef of the Oberoi's Mr Amit Wadhawan personally came and apologized for the glitch. He offered to make us something else that we would like which we refused as were planning to leave for Rim Naam for dinner at the oberoi only. He was present through out our stay there and apologised again for the experience while offering us a private dining room(which we didnt take as wanted to go to Rim Naam) and a round of drinks on the house. He escorted us to the Rim Naam for our dinner and introduced us to the Senior Kitchen Executive there Mr Arup Kakati. This was where our phenomenal experience started. Arup personally attended to us through out the meal from Selecting the dishes to take stock of our experience. Food was excellent and suitable to the reputation of the place. Vegetarians with us equally loved their food. Couple of the dishes in the meal were given on the house by the chef as he had suggested them. Place had good wine collection. After dinner some of us wanted to go to Corner house for an Ice cream which was probably heard by some of the staff. Once again Arup literally forced us to have the Coconut Sorbet which we did and were blown away. Once again this was on the house. After the desserts he very cunningly asked us if we still wanted to go to corner house. The answer to which he knew very well. This was world class service by the whole team at the Oberoi from serving staff to executive chef to the kitchen chef. Anyone can make mistakes but how you rectify it can differentiate an average property from a
phenomenal property. So 5 stars for this.

Location: This is again a very big plus point for the hotel. Very nice location at the MG road.

Concierge: Took a Cab from hotel early in the morning without a notice. Made available right away.

Overall an excellent experience at The Oberoi Bangalore. I would definitely be staying here for my future stays and recommend this place to anyone travelling to Bangalore. Pricing of the hotel is slightly on the higher side as compared to other properties in Bangalore but the experience you get is worth every extra penny you pay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on Trip Advisor. Your time and feedback is precious to us.

We are grateful for your encouraging and kind words of praise on our rooms, facilities and location. The Oberoi, situated on M.G.Road, the heart of the city is close to business, financial and shopping arcades of Bangalore.

We are also happy to receive your positive review on the iPads that have been introduced in all our rooms which have undergone a complete renovation.

Whilst apologising sincerely for the inconvenience caused at the time of your meal, I am happy to note that you were satisfied with the manner in which your dining experience was handled by Chef. Amit Wadhawan and Chef. Arup. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

We have noted your feedback on the pillows and on our fitness centre and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Thank you once again for your recognition and recommendation and we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Huvida Marshall

San Francisco
Reviewed February 12, 2014

While this hotel is known for its great location and beautiful gardens, my experience was made perfect by the attentive employees who far exceeded any expectations when I lost my passport.
They took care of all details so that I was able to enjoy my time in Bangalore without worry.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Bangalore in January 2014.

Thank you for sparing time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.
We are happy to note that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. Your compliments on our hospitality has been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We also sincerely appreciate your positive observations regarding our location and gardens.

The hotel which is very well located in the heart of the city makes it the right choice to stay, be it on a business visit or a holiday get-away.

My team and I look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred destination whenever you travel to Bangalore.

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The best hotel and service that I have ever had - and we have stayed in many!
Fantastic room very modern - even 3 pin UK Plugs and USB Hub, really comfy beds, lovely view of the gardens and pool. Really lovely restaurant and pool area in the gardens - big pool , very comfy loungers and amazing service throughout the hotel. The pool attendants brought cold towels, cool water sprays, fruit and sun cream - all complimentary and even glasses spray to clean your sunglasses. The food was brilliant . Best of all was the check out when they even filled in the immigration form for us, and as we had to leave at 5am it was very helpful! Then to top it all we were met at the airport by Oberoi staff who helped us through check in and as far as they could go. . Loved it - a real haven in a big city! A bit more expensive than some others but really worth it and value for money! Across the road is also a really good saree /salwar shop and around the corner is MG1 Shopping centre - so really handy

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lynnandlaurie
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and for recognizing our team members.

We sincerely appreciate your positive comments on our product, facilities and food.

The Oberoi, with its convenient location in the centre of the city on M.G.Road, is close to the business, financial and shopping arcades of Bangalore, making it an ideal hotel both for a business traveller as well as for a family get-away.

It is our continuous endeavour to ensure our guests have a comfortable and memorable stay and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to strive even further to deliver our best.

Huvida Marshall

Tottenham Ontario Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is truly a memorable experience. The rooms are beautifully appointed: the decor is elegant and linens are first rate. The plush robes in the bathroom are a welcome touch. The balconies in the rooms overlook the gardens. The hotel is centrally located in a large city but the gardens are a tranquil oasis. The landscaping makes one want to spend the day there. We only had the Indian cuisine at breakfast and dinner. All dishes were excellent, prepared with a deft hand. The breakfast buffet is extensive: from fresh fruits and juices through hot dishes and items prepared to order. If you have never tried a Mysore Masala Dhosa for breakfast, you should.

In every area of the hotel, a common feature is the professionalism and warmth of the service. On arrival, one is immediately made to feel welcome. We were accompanied to the room so that the various features, including the tablet provided, could be explained. Shortly thereafter, the butler appeared with fresh juice. In the restaurant, the wait staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. Everyone assured us that, if there was anything they could do to improve our stay, just ask.

We have travelled, over the years, in over fifty countries and stayed at numerous hotels and resorts. There have been many memorable experiences during that time. But, the Oberoi Hotel in Bangalore has exceeded our expectations and is of the highest quality: it is in a class by itself. If you have the opportunity to stay there, do not pass it up. You will not regret this choice.

SATacib

Room Tip: I doubt there are any rooms other than "good". All are quiet, have balconies that overloo...