“Five Star Hotel (monkeys optional)”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel way back in 2005 and have NEVER stopped thinking about my experience there! Right in downtown Bangalore (now renamed Bengaluru as it was before the British came in and did, the British thing) close to everything including many cows...The room was spotless and beautiful, the food excellent and memorable. However, my favorite spot was my porch/balcony overlooking the inner courtyard. I had a table bigh enough for 4 people and two chairs all visible through french double doors from the room and the large, king sized bed.
However, the sign on th doors to the balcony read "DO NOT FEED THE MONKEYS" - This was outstanding! I really should have bought one of those signs to bring back to Maine (we do not have any monkeys). Naturally, I set out a plate of big, dark indigo grapes, closed and locked the doors, opened the curtains, got into bed and waited. Sort of like for Santa Claus but with monkeys for live presents. I waited and waited. I ordered room service and a gin and tonic. No monkeys yet. I watched indian TV...strange but interesting. I had another gin and tonic and moved into a chair to get closer to the action. Still, no monkeys! I fell asleep. When I woke up ---NO GRAPES! I had missed Santa Claus! I mean monkeys. I went out on the porch and stared into a huge tree. Ravens! many, many big black Ravens. Laughing at me and my grapes. Oh well. Time to go see some cows and try driving in India.. another story.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the inner courtyard. TRY not to feed the monkeys.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank F Thomas C
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that our food and product were to your satisfaction.

With regards to your comments on monkeys, we do not have them coming over anymore as in the past.

The team at The Oberoi, Bangalore joins me in wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Standards of service are unsurpassable.
The recent renovation is superb.
We had a room on the 5th floor. Beautiful. Outstanding value for money.
I could criticise the ergonomics of the bathroom but it was lovely.
It makes you proud to be an Indian!!!
Well done.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for sparing your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Your compliments on our service is inspirational for all of us. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discreet service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is our greatest reward.

We are also grateful for your feedback on our renovated product, which have been designed keeping in mind our valued guests such as you.

We thank you once again for your support and take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic

Did I say it enough number of times, this hotel is just amazing. Service, Cleanliness, Location to God knows what, everything is just perfect. I am a harsh critic and in my personal opinion when hotels faux pas and try to make it up by offering free stay or complimentary meals , free stay etc, it means nothing. Its hotel industry and things are supposed to work perfectly. That’s how it works at The Oberoi I feel. No matter which department, everyone is so buttoned up. It’s obvious that they have been trained really well probably by the best in class. But it’s not just their professionalism it’s also the customized care that they offer along with their sincerity and their warmth that impressed us. We were travelling with our daughter and God they made her feel like a princess. Taking care of her meals, gifting her candy and chocolates, roses for her in our room every day, cookies you name it and they did all. They went over and above the call of duty.

We stayed in the Luxury Room and it was great for a family of 3. Its called a room, but it’s a suite with 2 bathrooms and a separate sitting area. The restaurants were great, especially Le Jardin where we had most of our meals. Mr. Chef would stop by at every meal and make sure we were getting what we wanted. They were ever ready to customize things for us. It was just great. I am bad at remembering names but the staff and the manager of Le Jardin were great. Thanks for taking such good care of us, it was my daughters first India visit and I was skeptical about the food, but this was just like food made at home, made exactly as we wished for.

Again, it takes a lot to impress me and The Oberoi did. This was our 2nd visit there and I am sure there will be many many more to come….

Room Tip: All rooms are well located. No preference here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having your family and you stay with us during your visit to Bangalore in November 2013.

We cannot thank you enough for sharing such a delightful review with the Trip Advisor community.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service and ensure they have a memorable stay. It is recognition such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

I thank you once again for gracious comments and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Wishing your family and you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Oberoi Bangalore is one of the nicest hotels that I have statyed at in India. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, with good A/C. The iPad control for everything (TV, video view of who is at your door, etc.) is cool. The service is excellent, including the "buter button" that you can use to make any request. I had breakfast delivered at 4 AM due to an early flight.

The Oberoi is the only place to stay in central Bangalore.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you. We are grateful for this opportunity.

Thank you for sharing such a delightful review on Trip Advisor. Your time and review is precious to us.

Your appreciation of our service and product is indeed heart-warming. It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of comfort and hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We sincerely appreciate your rating of our hotel and its locational advantage and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

We, at The Oberoi, Bangalore wish you a Merry Christmas and our best wishes for the coming year.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is a oasis in Bangalore. It is one of the most beautiful properties i have been to in Bangalore. Situated on a 5 acres of land - there is a lot of greenery and natural features in the hotel. I was there for a week and enjoyed the Oberoi service and attention to detail. I would highly recommend this hotel to folks.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay at The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore this month.

We cannot thank you enough for sharing your compliments with the Trip Advisor community.

We are happy to note that you found our hotel as ‘one of the most beautiful properties’. Thank you for this fantastic review.

The team was also delighted to read your gracious comments on our service.

We are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to the city and to The Oberoi.

huvida.marshall@oberohotels.com

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed here overnight during a typical business trip. Didn't get much time to explore the hotel but overall a good experience. Excellent buffet at dinner and breakfast. The pool is quite small and not very large in a sense that the landscaped area is not as much as what you are accustomed to see in a typical 5 star property. Excellent rooms, very good connectivity for all gadgets. Very good location as it is in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: choose one on the opposite side of the main road, so you don't hear the sounds from the typicall...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank idsvishal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi, during your visit to Bangalore in October 2013.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you.

We sincerely appreciate your time taken to post your feedback on Trip Advisor and are happy to note that your overall experience at the hotel was good.

I have conveyed your compliments to our chefs, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We have also noted your feedback on our swimming pool.

The team and I thank you once again for your positive review of our hotel and its locational advantage and look forward to the delight of welcoming you back to our city and to our hotel.

Huvida.marshal@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I love this hotel in all ways, food in restaurants, service, and rooms - especially the new iPad controlled lighting, TV and heating/cooling... Also the gym is decent. Beautiful outdoor seating and a nice pool

Fantastic experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

We sincerely appreciate your positive observations regarding our product, food and service.

We are also grateful for your kind words of appreciation on our renovated rooms. It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services and products that our guests have come to expect from us.

We value your support and patronage over the years and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com