“An urban elegant retreat”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 28, 2013

For the first time I had a memorable stay in Bangalore. The Oberoi Bangalore is an urban retreat in a rather chaotic and congested city. Despite its central location The Oberoi Bangalore offers a peaceful and rejuvenating stay either to business travellers or to tourists. In fact all the rooms have a nice balcony which overlooks a lovely garden. The ambience and decor of the hotel are indeed luxurious. The maintenance is excellent. All the services provided by its attentive, kind and competent staff are excellent and exceeded my expectations. The food served in the restaurants is delicious, fresh and tasty and also the presentation and the plating are superb and appealing. The competence, courtesy and skill of the concierges are superb. The limousine drivers are helpful and cautious. I had also a lovely experience at the elegant spa opened 24 hours.The various contemporary treatments which are offered eliminate the tension and strain of a busy day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the hotel, the gardens, the cuisine and our staff !

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you.

I am delighted to note that you found the team excellent and our service exceeded your expectations. The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you, which I am certain will act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Email : huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Impeccable service (by hotel staff) and great location as you expect from an Oberoi hotel. Well laid out, landscaped large grounds can make you forget you are in the middle of a crowded city, except until the sound of bangalore vehicles honking wakes you up in the morning. Couple of improvement opportunities:

1. Reservation process and service was poor.
2. The fact that they charge a steep fee for internet access separately is disappointing. Most good hotels have done away with this practice.

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangalore and we thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We sincerely appreciate your taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note that you found our service impeccable. Thank you indeed for this compliment!. I have also conveyed your gracious comments to the team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration. Our horticulture team was also happy to learn that their efforts were so well recognized.

We have noted that you were disappointed with our reservation process and service. Please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I have shared your feedback with the team and we sincerely hope that we surpass your expectations during your future stays with us.

With regard to your comments on internet charges, please do contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Bangalore. I would be happy to work out a special rate for you which will include internet.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

We value your support and patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel lobby, grounds and restaurants are well appointed, maintained and beautiful. My room had both a separate bath and steam shower with soap, shampoo, conditioner as well as a light weight dryer. The furniture in the room is quite nice as well and has a balcony. The linens were phenomenal. If you need an iron, they will actually just press your clothing for you. I was able to have a latte pre-ordered the night before and delivered for wake up. Check in and check out is formal and a bit time consuming, not like American hotels where checkout isn't even necessary.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor

Your recognition of our product is appreciated by all of us. It is our endeavour to provide our guest with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable. Your review has been shared with the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We have noted your feedback on our check-in and check-out formalities. Whilst apologising sincerely for any inconvenience caused, we would also like to thank you for sharing your views.

We value your support and patronage and do hope to have many more opportunities of welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been staying at the Oberoi, Bangalore on business trips since 2006. I always stay there as opposed to any other Bangalore hotel because of every member of staff's warm personable service and customer oriented attitude. The hotel feels like a personal club as they have continued to retain key staff such as Shashank in the Polo Club, and Marty in the Le Jardin. All these guys always go the extra mile to ensure that every thing is exactly how you want it, and will ensure that any issues (very rare !) are addressed immediately.

Of course it also has great rooms, and the management has continued to invest in upgrading the bedrooms. The newly refurbished rooms facing MG road are great; they are in a glazed corridor which has substantially lessened the noise from the bustling MG Road just outside. They are all fitted with IPAD controls, Audio-Visual hook-up, and a great Nespresso coffee machine.

I highly recommend Oberoi, Bangalore to any business traveller who values great rooms, good location and above all a very welcoming attitude where you can count on great customer service from everyone on the hotel team.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure having you stay at The Oberoi, Bangalore and we thank you for your continued support and patronage since 2006.

We also thank you for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team who were honoured to read your compliments. Shashank and Marty were also delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Your positive observations regarding our product and service is truly inspirational for all of us. It is our endeavour to provide our guest with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay memorable and your appreciation is indeed rewarding.

I thank you once again for this wonderful review of our hotel and its locational advantage and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My dad was visiting Bangalore to attend and alumni meet at the Oberoi Hotel.

Luckily enough, I study here so we decided I should join him there!

Even though I stayed only for one night, I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it! It's luxury to its ultimate level and also the hotel and its staff define hospitality! And the fact that its in the city, yet has such a lush green property makes the experience all the more worthwhile!

Thanks for a wonderful time, it was an absolute delight!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having your father and you stay with us.

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your time.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you both and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you.

We thank you for appreciating our product. Your compliments on our hospitality has also been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

I thank you once again for your gracious feedback of our hotel and its locational advantage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent there a couple of nights in Jan 2013 end on business trip. They upgraded me which is nowadays a norm anywhere when you stay first time in a new group hotel. The property is a bit jaded and has been around for quite a many years. The bathroom had a sauna which was good but it would not switch off after I switched it on. Had to call maintenance who took all of an hour to rectify the problem and all during that harrowing experience, my room door was open with multitude of folks who kept coming in and going out. Though must say that HK tried to soothe my nerves by sending an apology note a small token of a gift which was nice of them. I ordered an Indian thali (pre-plated meal) for dinner one day and portion size were huge. 3 folks could eat in that much. Felt bad leaving so much food in the plate.

Overall, did not feel that I got value for money as I have got better experience and attention at The Leela for 60% of Oberoi's cost.

Room Tip: I guess almost all rooms would have nice view into their lush green courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Samit_Singh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to post your reviews of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your last stay with us. I have no excuses to offer but certainly believe that we have failed to provide you the service expected of us and not been able to fulfill the promised experience on this occasion.

May I please assure you that I have shared your feedback not only at the Head of Department level, but also with the team members so that we can all collectively learn from this.

With regards to your feedback on our product, I am pleased to inform you that we have renovated a section of the hotel’s bedrooms which are better suited for discerning travellers like you. Please do contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Bangalore I will be happy to block your accommodation in the renovated section of the hotel. Furthermore, we will be undertaking renovation of the balance section of the hotel’s bedrooms, which we hope to commence in May 2013.

We have also noted your comments on our Indian Thali and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.

I apologise once again and would request you to please treat this incident in isolation and non-representative of the Oberoi experience and give us another opportunity to make amends. The team and I shall ensure that you have a memorable stay with us.

I look forward to the pleasure of meeting you during your next stay with us in order to personally apologise.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you ever needed to explain the concept of customer service, this is where I'd start. From the security guys on the gate all the way up to Amit, the Front office manager , every member of staff seemed to be unified in their warmth of welcome. From checkin, thru every interaction, the staff of the hotel were excellent. Take a seat while they check you in, the introduction to your room, with iPad controls and a comlimentary juice from your floor butler (Muhan), was top class.

Check in, business centre, check out, restaurant, breakfast, housekeeping. Everything was top class. Above and beyond expectations. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Muhan Irons a mean shirt.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are delighted to read such a wonderful review from you. We are happy to learn from your feedback that you found our team excellent. Thank you indeed for this compliment !

I have conveyed your gracious comments to Amit, Mohan and also to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration. At The Oberoi, it is our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality and it is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

Our greatest strength is our team and your appreciation will encourage us further to deliver our best.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we are delighted to note that we will be having more opportunities to be of service to you.