“One of the best hotel experiences--ever”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 669 Hotels in Bengaluru
Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the best hotel experiences--ever”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world, from top to bottom, and I can tell you that India's Oberoi hotels set the standard for personalized attention (to every detail) and overall excellence. India is a long way from home, but I have to say that on my last visit (my second within the last 90 days), I really hated to leave. I'll leave some of the experiences for you to discover, but you'll be impressed, I assure you. Not too many organizations in the world have mastered the art of service to the extent that Oberoi Hotels have. Treat yourself to one of the world's elite customer service experiences. Stay at the Oberoi. And if you're lucky enough that your Oberoi experience is at the Bangalore Oberoi, even better.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a lot of reason to be picky about the room location. Overlooking the ga...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay with us during your visits to Bangalore and we sincerely appreciate you sparing time and posting your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for recognizing our team members for all their efforts. It is our continuous endeavour to make our guests feel special in every aspect and providing highest quality of service. It is appreciation and acknowledgement such as yours which keeps us motivated and helps us in delivering our best.

Thank you indeed for such a delightful review and for your wonderful words of appreciation.

We are grateful for your support and patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Camberley
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Simply some of the best service I have experienced during my global business travel. The staff really try to understand the specific needs of the client and then beat them. They are always thinking about how your experience can be the best for you, without over selling.

For example, the house keeper noticed some of my cosmetics has run out and they replaced them with the exact same brand, without being asked. Wow, this was a first for me :-) great service.

Beautiful surroundings and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms with balcony are best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Bangalore in February 2013.

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your fantastic review. Your compliments have been shared with the entire team and in particular with the Housekeeping team, who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well recognized. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of great inspiration and will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the city and to The Oberoi.

Yours sincerely

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Madrid
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed for 7 nights at the Oberoi. I travel a lot accross Emea and US but this is my first time in India and this hotel has one of the best levels of Service I have ever experienced. Food is very good. Rooms are a Little bit old fashioned but the bed is very good. Prices are very reasonable specifically for a 5 star hotel

Room Tip: All my collegues had the modern romos with Ipad which although smaller seem better value for money...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Our Chefs were also delighted to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We are happy to note that you found our service one of the best. Thank you indeed for such gracious compliments. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate us to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

Please do contact me when you plan your next visit to Bangalore. It will be my pleasure to accommodate you in our newly renovated room.

My team and I hope look forward to the pleasure of having you stay with us during all your future visits to Bangalore.

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Was recently in Bangalore for business and booked this hotel last minute.

I was received with a very warm welcome from the staff and check in procedures where completed in my hotel room.

Unfortunately the hotel room was not to my taste and downgraded the room for the refurbished wing which was much much better.

The dining was very good with a nice chinese restaurant, Thai and Indian. Breakfast was also pretty ok no complaints. The ipad to control the room (A/C, TV, Room service) was extremely very interesting you can even order food through it without calling!

The spa was nice and had time for a massage and the prices were also not bad

The only con to his hotel are the mosquitoes no matter how much insecticide is sprayed there was no way to rid of them because the hotel sits basically in a garden. I was not able to open my window due to this.

I was surprised that the non renovated rooms where open to the outside meaning the door was the only barrier between you and outside making it a risk for insects to access your room as soon as you opened your door.

Room Tip: Go for the new renovated wing which are advertised as the smaller rooms which are much cleaner and n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lost_dogg
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us in January 2013 and also for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that you were happy with our check in procedures, dining and spa experience. I have conveyed your gracious comments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We have noted your comments on the mosquitoes and would like to apologise sincerely for the inconveniences caused. I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping team and we shall take steps so that you are comfortable during your future stays with us.

With regards to your feedback on the rooms, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I am pleased to inform you that we will be undertaking renovation of the balance section of the hotel’s bedrooms, which we hope to commence in May 2013.

Please do contact me directly whenever you plan your visit to Bangalore next. I will be happy to block your accommodation in the renovated section of the hotel.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

huvida.marshall@oberoi.hotels.com
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything about the Oberoi was fine except for the almost $20 a day wifi charge. Worse, this is per device.

When a hotel charges more for wifi than international data roaming charges, it is clear they are overcharging. When they do not understand that customers have multiple devices, they are behind the times.

Everything else is true 5 star. Beds are comfortable, rooms are well furnished, bathrooms are luxury, pool and gardens are beautiful.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank 10RatsRock
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
It was a pleasure having you stay with us in February 2012 and we thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We sincerely appreciate your taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note that you were happy with our product. Your recognition of our hotel as ‘true 5 star’ is indeed heart-warming. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

With regards to your comments on wifi charges, I am pleased to mention effective 1st August 2012, we have introduced a package, wherein for the cost of one package, you can use up to four devices simultaneously. May I also request you to please contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Bangalore. I would be happy to work out a special rate for you which will include internet.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

We value and support and patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Seattle
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first business trip to Bangalore and from beginning to end, an outstanding experience. Even though my flight was a little late arriving and it was past midnight by the time I had my luggage, the hotel driver was waiting patiently and was VERY pleasant and helpful. I was met by the staff in the lobby and check-in was quick and efficient. EVERYONE I came into contact with were pleasant and helpful, regardless of the request. I was really impressed that the second morning I went to breakfast, my waiter, who served me the first morning, greeted me by name and remembered exactly what I had the previous morning.

There are plenty of pictures of the rooms and grounds on TripAdvisor so I won't bore you by repeating those. All I can say is I was very comfortable during my stay and the Oberoi will definitely be my choice if I ever have the chance to return.

Room Tip: My 2nd floor room seemed quiet and I loved the view of the inner courtyard from there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us when you visited Bangalore in November 2012.

Thank you very much for sharing your compliments on our service and product on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you. Every guest is very special to us and it is our endeavour to make sure that they have a memorable experience. Your compliments will certainly act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

We are happy to note that The Oberoi will be your choice of hotel whenever you return back to Bangalore and we thank you for this support.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at the Oberoi in Bangalore for 3 nights and it was excellent as you would expect. The staff service, food etc were all first class.

The hotel is right in the centre of Bangalore and convenient for the business district, only 15 minutes by car.

Clearly a thriving city and the hotel provides an oasis in the middle of this with beautiful gardens and pools.

I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we appreciate you sparing time and positing your compliments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that our services, food and product were to your satisfaction.

The team at The Oberoi, Bangalore joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments. Your compliments will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback about your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.