“Great except for wifi”

The Oberoi, Bengaluru
Ranked #1 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything about the Oberoi was fine except for the almost $20 a day wifi charge. Worse, this is per device.

When a hotel charges more for wifi than international data roaming charges, it is clear they are overcharging. When they do not understand that customers have multiple devices, they are behind the times.

Everything else is true 5 star. Beds are comfortable, rooms are well furnished, bathrooms are luxury, pool and gardens are beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 10RatsRock
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

It was a pleasure having you stay with us in February 2012 and we thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We sincerely appreciate your taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note that you were happy with our product. Your recognition of our hotel as ‘true 5 star’ is indeed heart-warming. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

With regards to your comments on wifi charges, I am pleased to mention effective 1st August 2012, we have introduced a package, wherein for the cost of one package, you can use up to four devices simultaneously. May I also request you to please contact me whenever you plan your next visit to Bangalore. I would be happy to work out a special rate for you which will include internet.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services. I thank you once again for your time.

We value and support and patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for The Oberoi, Bengaluru

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first business trip to Bangalore and from beginning to end, an outstanding experience. Even though my flight was a little late arriving and it was past midnight by the time I had my luggage, the hotel driver was waiting patiently and was VERY pleasant and helpful. I was met by the staff in the lobby and check-in was quick and efficient. EVERYONE I came into contact with were pleasant and helpful, regardless of the request. I was really impressed that the second morning I went to breakfast, my waiter, who served me the first morning, greeted me by name and remembered exactly what I had the previous morning.

There are plenty of pictures of the rooms and grounds on TripAdvisor so I won't bore you by repeating those. All I can say is I was very comfortable during my stay and the Oberoi will definitely be my choice if I ever have the chance to return.

Room Tip: My 2nd floor room seemed quiet and I loved the view of the inner courtyard from there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us when you visited Bangalore in November 2012.

Thank you very much for sharing your compliments on our service and product on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you. Every guest is very special to us and it is our endeavour to make sure that they have a memorable experience. Your compliments will certainly act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

We are happy to note that The Oberoi will be your choice of hotel whenever you return back to Bangalore and we thank you for this support.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at the Oberoi in Bangalore for 3 nights and it was excellent as you would expect. The staff service, food etc were all first class.

The hotel is right in the centre of Bangalore and convenient for the business district, only 15 minutes by car.

Clearly a thriving city and the hotel provides an oasis in the middle of this with beautiful gardens and pools.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we appreciate you sparing time and positing your compliments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that our services, food and product were to your satisfaction.

The team at The Oberoi, Bangalore joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments. Your compliments will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback about your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

nice and courteous staff and executives, very caring, butler service was amazing, evening room service has been quite attractive. The location is in the middle of town. Ambience inside is catchy. check in has been so flawless. Airport pick up was on time

Room Tip: rooms on pool facing has been good expereince
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank building777
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore and also for taking time to share such motivating views on Trip Advisor.

The team was overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation and compliments.

It has always been our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation shall go a long way for the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

We hope that The Oberoi, remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Bangalore.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My stay at Oberoi, Bangalore was excellent I love the ambiance & extremely helpful staff. The business center at hotel has helped me time to time getting access to my mails, Prints & connecting to internet which made my business trip successful. It also helped as the hotel is located at the heart of the city.

Room Tip: * Excellent room service * Located at he heart of the city * Very good ambiance & peaceful gar...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us and also for taking time to share your compliments on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that you loved the ambiance and found the team helpful. It is feedback such as yours which is our greatest reward and will go a long way to help us continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests.

I thank you once again for your positive feedback about the locational advantage of our hotel and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

It's hard to believe that the location of this Hotel is on a super busy street; the balconies of the rooms all overlook the beautiful garden and the pool area and it's so quiet and peaceful. the only time I ventured out of the hotel was to attend a concert in the city. The breakfast buffet was lavish with a great variety of options for everyone. The room service was impeccable too. After flying out I realized that I had left a couple of my things back in my room. The housekeeping team was kind enough to retrieve my belongings and couriered the same to me and I received the package within a span of 2-3 days. Overall the staff was very courteous,friendly with great emphasis on details. I would definitely stay there without a second thought on my next trip to Bangalore.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the hotel, the view, the ambience, the cuisine and our staff !

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The Housekeeping team was also delighted to learn that their efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our constant endeavour to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

We thank you for your recommendation and are glad that we will have opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Oberoi Bangalore is a five star hotel set in a large, mature garden with pool in Bangalore and offers a true retreat from the chaos outside. All rooms are garden facing so one is not disturbed and the grounds are maintained immaculately. Yes, the property shows some age in terms of appliances, room size and pool arrangement. However, I truly enjoyed the Polo club serving snacks on the verandah in the garden and the Thai restaurant surrounded by water. Decoration is more traditional / colonial style with a nice ambiance.
Breakfast is very good but the Indian food (buffet) was simply the best, most innovative and tasty food we have ever tried, never seen before and since.
The jewel in the crown is the service, which is effortless and anticipating, rather than enquiring what you may need or want. No matter how unusual your requests are, they make it happen, my kudos to the chain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay at The Oberoi, Bangalore.

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of our hotel and for your gracious comments.

I have conveyed your compliments on our rooms, garden and also on your dining experience to the Housekeeping and Food and Beverage team. Our Chefs were also delighted to read your compliments on our food.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation and encouragement for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

We have noted your feedback on the appliances, room size and pool and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you and we all await your return to The Oberoi, soon.