“Very Palatial!”

Ranked #11 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Derry, New Hampshire
“Very Palatial!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Leela is a modern hotel that recreates a palace of the past. The hotel was truly outstanding, and as I walked around and saw the architecture every corner amazed me, at just how beautiful and how much detail was put into the building and grounds.
My room was also very nice and very comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable, and everything was top quality.
The gym was very nice, although it was in the basement, the equipment was top notch, they provided water, towels, and headphones for the TVs.
The breakfast buffet in particular was very good - the selection was amazing, the quality was great, the service was attentive, and the open kitchen was spotless.
What a great experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
leelabangalore01, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 14, 2014

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, rooms and our services are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

The Leela Palace Bangalore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Visited the Leela on business for 2 nights, excellent service. Fabulous Indian restaurant in the grounds of the hotel, best curry I had on my trip. Room was very comfortable, quiet and peaceful stay, did not get disturbed at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding our Indian restaurant Jamavar and the rooms are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Arrived in the afternoon on a day with a very VIP staying at the hotel. 10 police cars was parked at the entrance and the security didn't seem phony (as in most other security checks).
Check in of 4 people in 4 rooms with reservations took over 30 minutes. We were asked to sit down and wait. Two managers came to chat, but it was not recognized that we were exhausted and not in the mood for a chat. When we got our keys, one room was upgraded and one passport had disappeared during check in. It took another 10 minutes for the staff to find the misplaced passport.
We all got complimentary wifi. And the staff kindly helped, when I couldn't get connected - I used the room number from our previous hotel as login.
My room was great and the bed was comfortable.
In the evening we went out for dinner. While waiting for our chauffeur we enjoyed the music in the lobby - a live trio playing classical music.
We had to check out early next morning, before breakfast. So I had a cup of coffee and a walk in the beauty full garden.
With such a short stay, I'm sure I didn't discover all the details of this hotel/palace. So I hope I'll be back another time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DenRigtigeFrank
Udaipur, India
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Leela Palace Bangalore, set among nine acres of ornate gardens and cascading waterfalls, offers the ultimate in five-star indulgence with palatial accommodations and world class dining.
The restaurants themselves are a feast for the eye before the serious business of selecting from a range of outstanding menus begins. Exotic, cosmopolitan or comforting.

If you're in Bangalore then don't make a mistake by staying at some other place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nimit1911
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with an unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Carmel, New York, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I just returned from my first trip to India. I spent 10 days at a corporate conference at the Leela Palace Bangalore. The facility itself is beautiful and a place I would gladly take my family on vacation. That being said, I think it was the Leela staff that deserves a special mention. The friendliest, most helpful people I have ever worked with at any conference anywhere. Hotel management, specifically Pratik Vashisht, went above and beyond everyday, and on more than one occasion, saved the day. He represents the Leela Palace at the highest standards and should be recognized for his professionalism. My only regret is that I was unable to recruit him to join our team back in New York. He is truly an asset to your team and one I hope that you recognize and appreciate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your wonderful review regarding the hotel and our staff are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

We will certainly recognize Pratik and our team for doing an outstanding job.

We look forward to more opportunities of welcoming you again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our stay at this otherwise excellent hotel was marred by the theft of my wife's cell phone, which was stolen from out locked room. The phone is insured and is easily replaced (the photos are not). The reason I have written this review is that all that was required was a simple apology that the theft occurred, but the staff that dealt with this issue where so pre-occupied with not accepting or acknowledging that this had occurred that they did not apologise at any point. The women in charge of housekeeping (perhaps whose staff have access to the rooms) was astonishingly rude an abrupt. All other staff were fantastic. The Captain would not be happy...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SaulBondi
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Its a great experience to stay in Leela Palace which gives a flavor of Royal Service through your stay. I have sincerely enjoyed this with pleasure, its one of the best laxury hotels I have stayed across world. Quality of food and service is the best, I strongly recommend (business or personal)if any one thing of Bangalore to stay do not miss it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.