“Superb ”

Ranked #10 of 658 Hotels in Bengaluru
UK
“Superb ”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are staying in Bangalore then this is the place for you, really superb in every way.

The only downside is if your work is out at Electronic City then it is a bit of a wrestle to get out and back in the Bangalore traffic. You need to get there early and get out before 4:30 on the way back to not spend hours in traffic.

Once at the hotel it is hard to believe that you are in the middle of such a populous city, the hotel is set in gardens with outside eating and drinking options.

Give it a try, you won't regret it

Stayed December 2013
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, December 12, 2013

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with an unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

The Leela Palace Bangalore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. Had no trouble. Rooms are very spacious, room service are excellent. Everything is well managed and have enough staff to reply promptly. Overall an excrellent experience. They also have bowling alley and other kids section to ensure kids are occupied. It is worth recommending for a stay at this hotel.
They have all security round the clock.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Boutique it ain't, but the Leela Palace in Bangalore still oozes character, sophistication, charm, elegance and in my experience, friendliness. OK I'm White but my partner is Indian and didn't experience the racism that an earlier reviewer reported. The Leela is a gorgeous hotel in a beautiful building - our room was all that one would expect from a five-star hotel and we booked it at an absolute bargain price. In Europe it would have cost three times the price. If you are in Bangalore for business or pleasure and in need of some five star comfort, I would highly recommend the Leela. And btw Bangalore is a much maligned city - OK it isn't bursting with historic monuments, but if is still a lovely city to spend a few days exploring.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Jamshedpur, India
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Truly a palace in the heart of bengaluru.The rooms, the gardens, swimming pools and the breakfast all were lavish.The breakfast in the gardens was beautiful.The food was good and the ambience was even better.The rooms are spacious enough and the view from the balcony of the gardens was beautiful.The bathroom was impeccable along with the amenities provided.Overall one of the best hotels in India.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Jamshedpur, India
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Leela Palace, Bengalaru. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were courteous. The breakfast spread early next morning was filling and had a lot of variety. The hotel grounds house a great garden and museums in one wing of the original palace. Anyone with an interest in a little bit of history can have a great time in this wing of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Candolim, India
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The pool staff services are extremely poor, i saw the pool staff extremely disrespectful treating guests as though they are a commodity, and gardeners and sweepers purposefully trying to disturb the guests while they are relaxing by the pool. Although the pool is well-maintained, I saw the cleaners and sweepers purposefully hanging around me and talking and laughing loudly while i was sunbathing by the pool.
Clear instructions have to be given to the attendants and cleaning staff to treat the guests more respectfully.Attendant is usually admiring the female swimmers behind the bamboo curtain by the pool, but not bothered of being of service to the guests.
This needs a lot of improvement.

Room Tip: Rooms on the sixth floor is a good option1
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Riya111
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time and efforts you have taken to bring your unpleasant experience to my notice. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you due to our staff being around while guests are relaxing. I have personally addressed this with our Spa manager and our Head of Gardening and have taken measures that this will not happen going forward. We have instructed the gardening team to clean only when there are no guests around or in the pool. I hope this unfortunate incident will not diminish your opinion of The Leela and hope to have an opportunity to regain your trust.

Warmest Regards,

new york
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My stay at the Leela in Bengaluru led me to the realization that colonialism is very much alive within the hotel walls! it started with check in when my American colleague and I walked up to the desk. My colleague was welcomed with a greeting and I was curtly instructed to go to the next counter. An assumption was made that I was possibly not staying at the hotel. I was traveling through India with my American colleagues and the level of service that my colleagues and I received at your hotel was remarkably different. Unless you are going to charge Indians and white foreigners a different rate, kindly note that ALL hotel guests are entitled to the same level of service.
My colleague and I wanted to book spa appointments. I called the spa and was told no appointments were available. She called right after me from her room and was given an appointment. Since she did not want the appointment, she transferred it in my name. When I showed up for my massage, I was told that there were no slots available and I did not have an appointment! Furthermore, I could go to the galleria and get a haircut at the salon there. I persisted and asked to see the head receptionist who finally after 5 minutes of deliberation decided that in fact there was a reservation made in my name! Upon checking into the spa, no one bothered to tell me about the amenities while other white gusts were being told about the facilities as they we're checked in.
if your staff has been trained to treat white and Indian guests differently then perhaps you need to have a whites only policy clearly stated outside the hotel so all Indians can stay clear of your establishment. I am a frequent guests at luxury hotels across India and have never felt the blatant discrimination that I felt at your hotel. Please note that the British rule ended in India over 50 years ago. With this type of discriminatory attitude, I wonder how long you will survive in the NEW India!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
21 Thank travel_ny2000
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Leela Palace Bangalore. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience we have caused you. since we have two check in desks our associate might have requested you to check in at the other desk, however I think this could be done professionally. I am sure our associate did not mean to offend you. We at the Leela very firmly believe in our Philosophy “ Atithi Devo Bhava” which means guest is God and treat all our guests equally irrespective of the origin. I am sorry to hear that you felt otherwise, I have discussed your feedback with our team and will ensure that this does not happen again. I have also discussed your feedback about your Spa experience with our team and senior managers and am sorry that you could not get an appointment. I want to assure you that I take guest feedback seriously as only through constructive feedback like your’s am I able to monitor and improve the services we offer at The Leela. I hope to have an opportunity to regain your trust in The Leela and demonstrate that we can deliver the same service to all our guests who visit us. thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back soon