“Leela exceeded expectations again!”

The Leela Palace Bengaluru
Ranked #11 of 665 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was my second stay at the Leela Bangalore. I enjoyed myself very much and plan to return as soon as possible. The spa was lovely. The food divine and the above all, the service superb.

I should mention a few names in my review, specifically: Ms.Sumanthi Shiva Kumar who helped me schedule some critical appointments which made my stay so much more efficient. I truly appreciated her help. I found the staff highly professional, kind, friendly and even sympathetic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with an unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

There are newer reviews for The Leela Palace Bengaluru

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Arriving after a days flight and travel the hotel was a welcome haven. Well appointed room super comfey bed. Restaurants are great the india traditional food is lovely and well presented. The gardens are a nice place to have a wander. There is an adjacent shopping mall that I would give a miss but handy if looking for a gift. I will return next time on business.

Room Tip: The hotel is large ask for a room near the lift if you dont want the walk!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Definitely one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in all my life... and much cheaper than a 3 stars hotel in Rio de Janeiro. Two great restaurants, big bedroom, Library bar is a must. The staff is also very good. If you come to Bang consider to stay here, even if you work far...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RafaToledo
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel 4 times over the past two years for business and have always have enjoyed the hotel. The location is great for where I needed to be but it is removed from the city center, so if you are looking for a more central location this hotel may not work. The rooms are extremely clean and the room service is excellent. The staff is extremely polite and I really appreciate the fact that if they see you drinking a lot of waters or enjoying a certain sweet, they will bring extra and really take care of you.

The one minor complaint I have relates to the airport pick up. I would still rate this hotel a 5, however, my last trip they assumed everyone arriving from my company would share a car so we were short a car. The issue was resolved after some conversations, but something to confirm ahead of time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff D

Great hotel.
Breakfast was a bit confusing (but I think the location is temporary as they renovate) where you can't toast your own toast & it's half self serve half they serve (you just have to work out which!).
Nice outside bar, although they do try to shuffle you off at the end of the night!
Very helpful staff & duty manager, helped me get my laptop back when I'd left it on a plane!
Pleasant rooms & comfy beds.
Gym was fine. Getting to the pool wasn't that well signposted & you have to take a little lift from the gym & kind of walk through a building site but nice & peaceful & big when you get there!

3  Thank London_Redstar

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've stayed here on a number of occasions, but this is the first visit for around 2 years and I have to say it's pretty much the same as before. The hotel itself is very beautiful and plush and the staff are friendly but must get better at anticipating customers needs and listening and following through on requests.

I'll start by saying the rooms are gorgeous, the bed is incredibly comfortable and the chocolates, biscuits and fruit are a very nice touch. The hairdryer isn't the best, so I would recommend that lady's bring their own if you need to style your hair. It's fine if you just give it a quick blast though.

The issues I had were small, but when added up get annoying.
-Firstly I would order room service for lunch before going to the office and would have the privacy sign on and so on calling would advise that this was the case so that the cleaners didn't disturb me but when delivering the food to knock on the door. However each time I would get a call asking why I had the privacy sign on.
-Also I asked for additional ketchup each time which was promised but never delivered.
-The mini bar was only restocked on request
-There was an issue with the lock on my door which meant I had to wait about 20 minutes for it to be fixed and for me to get in
-On checking out, I called to request help with my luggage but none came

All small things, but not what I expect from a 5 star hotel

3  Thank HannahMumbai
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Although I have already stayed in the hotel nearly 2 years back, it is still one of the finest hotels in Bangalore. The service is incomparable and the location is amazing. The food is also great with exceptional service. The breakfast menu is amazing also.
Must stay if you can afford!

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are amazing!!
2  Thank jiteshsurana