“Great place to stay”

The Leela Palace Bengaluru
Ranked #8 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was at the Leela on a Business trip for 10 days. The rooms are large & comfortable, & service impeccable. The breakfast was great, location is very central, & the Hotel is absolutely top class. On one of the days, the chair on which I was sitting broke. I called guest services to request them to replace this. Within minutes I got a call, asking about my well being, which was extremely touching, courteous & nice. Similarly, I made suggestions after my stay on the morning Breakfast. Once again, I received a response from them mentioning that they had noted my suggestions, & made changes to accommodate this. Superb & extremely courteous service. Would certainly love to come back, & would recommend the Hotel for stay in Bangalore.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RKSMum
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I have just done my third stay at the Leela Palace in Bangalore in as many years and I love the place. It's like an oasis in the bustling city - the gardens are like a mini tropical jungle. Service is what you expect from a luxury hotel (excellent) and it's in a fairly good location for central, east and south east areas of the city. Rooms are very good size. Downside from my perspective is that they always seem to be doing work on the building (strange knocks and bangs in the night) and breakfast can be a bit chaotic (not getting what you ordered etc). I asked for a white coffee and was asked "sir, do you mean black coffee". Hehe.

• Stayed: May 2013
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore. However, it is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the problems you faced about the noise factor due to the renovation of our all day dining restaurant and about our breakfast service. Please accept our sincere apologies and we will make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the an unforgettable experience

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business in Bangalore.

Excellent hotel with nice clean confortable room, beautiful food and great service.

only negative was that the bar closed at 11:30pm and given that we did not get in from the office until late we didn't have much time to relax with a cold beer after our dinner.

would certainlty stay here again though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated. We also noted that you were not able to spend more time at the Library Bar and Lounge and we apologize for the convenience caused to you.Unfortunately, the time limit set by the Government of the state for all the restaurants in the city of Bangalore is 11.30 pm.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

gone for team lunch in leela. The ambience was super good...but food was okok... i was expecting a better food. Has a huge space..green...smoking is area also with premises....Little expensive but not worth the value of money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Manish_Xing
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your invaluable feedback.

It is with great concern that we received your comments sharing your experience about our food. I would like to personally apologize for this inconvenience.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to continuing to serve you as our valued guest and appreciate you bringing this to light. It is feedback like this that help us serve you the best way you would like us to

Reviewed April 28, 2013

last Saturday I thought I must go stay at the Leela I had heard great things. I will list my concerns the air conditioning was not working there were mosquitoes in the room, the whole night there was a plumbing sound in the room. I called the front desk at 2 asking to get this rectified the sent some engineer who obviously was woken up from his sleep couldn't fix the problem apologized and went back. Half an hour later a house keeping attendant walked in with a mosquito repellent.
I had paid 300 $ for this room. Restaurant were good, service was a bit intrusive, I had a manager place 2 huge glasses of an awful tasting mocktail on our table and a portion of children pasta was so large it would perhaps feed 3 adults.
The masterpiece was at checkout after I cleared my and I was fuming at this time the gentleman at the reception tells me, I believe there was a problem last night. Trying to keep my cool I told him yes my dear friend if you define air conditioning not working in 5 star hotel as a small problem you are spot on. The team obviously has no understanding of guest service and there focus is to collect money. The icing on the cake was this guy Saurabh telling me allow me to give you my card next time you stay with us I shall look after you. I told mate there not be a next time. These guys need some serious training.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gaurav W

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is quite unfortunate to hear from you that you did not have a good experience at the Leela Bangalore particularly with our food & beverage and service. I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was absolutely gorgeous. The suite was huge and the amenities top quality. The grounds are stunning, and the service exceptional. Food was excellent. Definitely will be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Catherine A
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were there for 5 nights and I was ready to stay the month! This is a beautiful hotel inside and out. We had the club room which was awesome! If you can splurge - get this room. The food throughout the day is top notch. The staff is friendly and helpful. As stated by others - this is a world class hotel. The hotel is outside of the main downtown shopping district, be don't let this stop you. As for transportation - just walk outside the gates of the Leela and take an auto rickshaw - cheap and fun. We had the same driver all week. He really knew the city and helped make our stay such a good one.

Room Tip: Go for the club room