“Good but not great”

The Leela Palace Bengaluru
Ranked #9 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed May 2, 2013

gone for team lunch in leela. The ambience was super good...but food was okok... i was expecting a better food. Has a huge space..green...smoking is area also with premises....Little expensive but not worth the value of money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Manish_Xing
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your invaluable feedback.

It is with great concern that we received your comments sharing your experience about our food. I would like to personally apologize for this inconvenience.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to continuing to serve you as our valued guest and appreciate you bringing this to light. It is feedback like this that help us serve you the best way you would like us to

Reviewed April 28, 2013

last Saturday I thought I must go stay at the Leela I had heard great things. I will list my concerns the air conditioning was not working there were mosquitoes in the room, the whole night there was a plumbing sound in the room. I called the front desk at 2 asking to get this rectified the sent some engineer who obviously was woken up from his sleep couldn't fix the problem apologized and went back. Half an hour later a house keeping attendant walked in with a mosquito repellent.
I had paid 300 $ for this room. Restaurant were good, service was a bit intrusive, I had a manager place 2 huge glasses of an awful tasting mocktail on our table and a portion of children pasta was so large it would perhaps feed 3 adults.
The masterpiece was at checkout after I cleared my and I was fuming at this time the gentleman at the reception tells me, I believe there was a problem last night. Trying to keep my cool I told him yes my dear friend if you define air conditioning not working in 5 star hotel as a small problem you are spot on. The team obviously has no understanding of guest service and there focus is to collect money. The icing on the cake was this guy Saurabh telling me allow me to give you my card next time you stay with us I shall look after you. I told mate there not be a next time. These guys need some serious training.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gaurav W

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is quite unfortunate to hear from you that you did not have a good experience at the Leela Bangalore particularly with our food & beverage and service. I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was absolutely gorgeous. The suite was huge and the amenities top quality. The grounds are stunning, and the service exceptional. Food was excellent. Definitely will be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Catherine A
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were there for 5 nights and I was ready to stay the month! This is a beautiful hotel inside and out. We had the club room which was awesome! If you can splurge - get this room. The food throughout the day is top notch. The staff is friendly and helpful. As stated by others - this is a world class hotel. The hotel is outside of the main downtown shopping district, be don't let this stop you. As for transportation - just walk outside the gates of the Leela and take an auto rickshaw - cheap and fun. We had the same driver all week. He really knew the city and helped make our stay such a good one.

Room Tip: Go for the club room

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. It has a large foot print with spacious rooms and bathrooms. The food is top class. The lobby is large and the front desk is fast and efficient. The service is fantastic. The rooms are very large as are the bathrooms. This is one of my favorite hotels in India and I look forward to coming back many times for business. Breakfast and internet were included in our corporate rate so was a great value too,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at the Leela Palace Hotel in Bangalore for 5 nights. It was a great hotel - the pool looked very relaxing and the gym was clean and great for a short workout. The room (unfortunately I ended up getting a twin instead of single kind bed) were really gorgeous and comfortable. The hotel is HUGE and it takes a while to get to some of the rooms, but thanks to the great nature around the hotel it's nice to have a walk around even in the evening. The location is close to the city center (15 minutes). Unfortunately the f&b options are limited for the size of the hotel and after 3 days you tend to eat outside as you've tried it all, and one evening our late order at 11pm was not cooked with the same quality as during the day, so there is a little improvement needed there. Still a great place and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Rooms on Floor 6 are recommended!

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

It is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the problems you faced about our food. I would like to personally apologize for this inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the unforgettable experience you expect from us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I came here on a work trip in April 2013 and ended up at the Leela from a recommendation from our colleagues in Bangalore. The hotel was beautiful, I had a garden view room, another colleague had a pool view room and the third had a city view room without a balcony. We worked UK hours so we were up at 8:30am (local time) for breakfast and had a few hours to relax by the pool & grab lunch before heading to work. The rooms are very spacious and all 3 rooms had a large desk to set up our laptops and a separate seating area to relax in so we didn't have to continuously move things around. The bathroom was beautiful, very spacious and with a large marble sink. The bath itself was a bit on the small side (ok for my 5ft5in but not for anybody over 6ft!) but the shower was very powerful, and have been cleverly designed to prevent the bathroom misting up. The wifi (approx £60 for a week - I've seen some reviews which have said it's free but it isn't, even though we were here for a week) was better than what we had available to us in our office and could be connected to 3 devices - I even managed to skype my family from the pool! The rooms were kept very clean, traffic volume levels were fine (even in the 'city view' room) and overall I was very impressed. Breakfast was good, plenty available and the staff were happy to serve you if you turned up a few mins to 10am. you can ask for pancakes, waffles, French toast etc to be made and they'll cook it fresh for you. We were told that the salad was washed in bottled water so we had chicken caser salad by the pool on a few occasions and we were all fine. In fact we ate in the hotel all but 2 of the 6 days we were in India and did not have an upset stomach the whole time we were there.

Dinner in the hotel was fantastic, we highly recommend the honey chili chicken! The staff were very attentive, however were a little slow with drinks and the bill. The grounds were beautiful, the coffee shop in the arcade was great but the shops were a little on the pricey side but there was a nice selection if you didn't want to venture out of the hotel. We headed out into Bangalore with a local colleague who took us into town on a rickshaw which was an experience not to miss!

The hotel is almost mozzie free (we had a few in the office right up in the depths of the 5th floor which had no windows so they got everywhere!) we noticed that the hotel sprayed the whole area to keep it bug free, and this was very effective.

The pool was lovely and clean, you could have as many towels and bottles of water as you needed, and the pool side service was very good. The landscape around the pool and the rest of the hotel was fantastic, you could easily stay here and not venture out of the hotel all week. There is a large jacuzzi by the pool next to a waterfall that is fantastic. I actually read my book in there with the staff bringing me bottles of water! We had a weekend there and there were a few groups with young children, however all were well behaved and there was an area of the hotel that turned into a specific childrens area on Sunday so they were not in the way at all (and actually were very entertaining in the pool!).

The hotel is walking distance from 100ft road which had some nice shops and restaurants however it's on a very busy main road which is hard to cross and when we came back from the office in the evening we had to do a big loop round in the taxi to get us back safely.

I will be staying here on my next visit and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor have a smaller balcony with no outside furniture, those on 4/5 had a table an...
1  Thank Clare D
leelabangalore123, Public Relations Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Leela Bangalore.

Your comments regarding the hotel, conference facilities and food are truly appreciated.