“Perfect”

Ranked #11 of 662 Hotels in Bengaluru
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Look no further. This is your place or palace. I travel here about once a year and I always look forward to my stay. The grounds of the hotel are spectacular. The rooms a very large and have every modern amenity you can think of, including plenty of bottled water and daily snacks. Check out the spa. Great services and very good prices. Nice to treat yourself after a long flight. Finally there are many great restaurants. The breakfast buffet is awesome and has something for everyone no matter where you come from in the world.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
Barcelona
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Despite takes long to arrive to the hotel when you arrive it worths the drive. If you chose the hotel transfer you begin the great experience from the beginning and then you arrive to a great receptions ... with a nice staff and the gardens ... really I falled in loved with this place.

The room was really confortable and plenty of details ... next time I will ask them not to put me this lovely chocolates... they are adicitic Ha ha

I was before Xmasts and I remember the decoration Awesome

Everything was just perfect. Congratulations

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MStravelle
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a night.
The hotel is Beautifully built and you get a very soothing and relaxing feeling when you roam around in the hotel...
It has 3 basement floors of exquisite shops (Galleria)...
Room was amazing with garden and waterfall view.. Comfortable bed with nice lighting in room..
Staff was helpful, knowledgeble and prompt in service to make your stay more comfortable...

Restaurants are quite good.. No doubt they are pricey... you should be going in there primarily for an experience rather than filling the stomach...

Undoubtedly, its one of the best experience I have had so far...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Salil_Ricky
Kolkata, India
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here in July 2012 with family and had 3 rooms including a suite room. The propery is large and green and the hotel interiors are the height of luxury. Spacious, spotless with expensive furnishings the rooms are an amazing experience even if you stay in all day. The suite room has a separate drawing room with a working desk and 2 TVs. Bathroom with separte tub and shower area is separate from the toilet area and is absolutely lovely and well stocked.There were 2 balconies as well. The normal rooms are equally good only smaller. We were given complimentary choclate cake, wine and fruits everyday. The suite room comes with a private butler who served us anything we liked from the menus in the several resurants in the hotel. Needless to say the food was wonderful. The breakfast and Sunday brunch were endlessly stocked with delicious spread that leaves one too full. The rooms also came stuffed with amneties like tea/coffee, 2 kinds of robes (cloth and towel), fluffy and soft slippers, iron and ironing bed and all the usual stuff. Given its well located you cannot choose anywhere better stay in Bangalore. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in in fact all over the world. Simply wondeful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WonderWomann
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I believe the Leela Palace is a nice hotel but rooms could do with renovation with a focus on making them more quiet. Rooms were clean and the food in the restaurant was excellent. I found that the the door to the balcony couldn't be closed well and so noise came in from the outside. Rooms on the roadside were noisy.

I had one incident which costed me a night of sleep and wasn't handled correctly by hotel staff:

I stayed in a room on the 3rd floor. One night I was woken up at 2.30 by noise from above my room. It sounded like people moving furniture which surprised me. I waited for a while but it continued so I called the front office. I was told that they would look into it but noise continued intermittently (every 10-15 minutes something would be moved). I called again and I was told again that somebody would look into it. With intermittent noise continuing I called again at 4.30. I told that people went up to look but didn’t hear anything (which I can understand because there was stuff being moved every 10-15 minutes). Things went quiet towards 5AM.The duty manager approached me in the morning and promised to change my room to the 5th floor ("club floor")when I would be back at the end of the day. Upon returning from work in the afternoon I went the front desk, the person at the front desk was hesitating to offer me another room and offered me a room on the 4th floor on the road side. I went to see the room and since on the road it was very noisy. So I didn’t get another, quiet room as was promised in the morning. I stayed in room on the 3rd floor. The hotel staff didn’t keep their promise to resolve the issue. I further noticed that this room had a wooden floor and thus explaining the noisiness of 4th floor rooms for people sleeping below on the 3rd floor: moving anything on a wooden floor creates noise for the room below.

I must conclude that the people in the room above mine were staying in a room with a wooden floor and were awake and doing moving around at the middle of the night. The wooden floors are nice but it is really a design issue for those staying in the room below.

When checking out at 1 AM on Friday I was asked by front-desk if my stay had been OK. When I said I hadn’t be OK, the person just continued to to talk and didn’t refer to my comment.

I received an inquirey e-mail from the Leela Palace after my return home.

Concluding I feel that the Leela is a nice hotel but one shouldn't be staying at a floor below rooms with woden floors. Further hotel staff didn't act properly to my complaints. I am not sure if I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Not on the 3rd floor and not near the street
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bernard222
houston
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed for one night here after we came to Bangalore for a shopping trip. Hotel was gorgeous and staff we outstanding. Room was beautiful and modern with great food at the restaurants. Service was superb with staff helping us locate the stores we wanted to visit. WOuld def stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sguntupalli
toronto
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed at the Leela a number of times over about 10 years. The quality of the staff, the facility and the food continue to be outstanding and bring me back each time. I have noticed in the last couple of years that it will soon be time for maintenance on the rooms. I must say as well that when I've needed help (eg malfunctioning light) I need to be patient and operate at the pace of the local culture. However one needs to adjust to this in any location you visit. I find this a special place from which to have an opportunity to visit India.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business